Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Got a written warning for playing fetch with my dog without a leash on. I was almost a smartass because there was a leash on the dog, I just wasn't holding it. Then I decided that the guy was proboably an asshole who hates young people, do I didn't.

Now I'm not sure, I may just get BL after all.

My friend, who talked me out of getting it on the grounds that the multiplayer is basically dead (a shame, that) was referring to the Xbox version. So I was thinking of getting the PS3 version instead. I dunno though, does it fare any better on there? A PS3 is considerably more expensive than an Xbox 360, so I don't want to be hasty in making decisions.

Yeah... I kinda spent like 600 buying a PS3 just so I could get Brutal Legend... I'm still not exactly sure if it was worth it...

Still at least it allowed me to play Heavy Rain and I can get The Last Gaurdian when it comes out.

Now I'm not sure, I may just get BL after all.

My friend, who talked me out of getting it on the grounds that the multiplayer is basically dead (a shame, that) was referring to the Xbox version. So I was thinking of getting the PS3 version instead. I dunno though, does it fare any better on there? A PS3 is considerably more expensive than an Xbox 360, so I don't want to be hasty in making decisions.

get an xbox, then you and that warrior kid can be best friends! :D

Yeah... I kinda spent like 600 buying a PS3 just so I could get Brutal Legend... I'm still not exactly sure if it was worth it...

Still at least it allowed me to play Heavy Rain and I can get The Last Gaurdian when it comes out.

Oh my goodness we should play sometime!

also, RF sent me two notes just now. One was entitled 'I fell on the kitchen floor' and contained a frowny face. The second was entitled 'I'm okay!" and contained a happy face. My day is somehow better.

Well, that settles it then. BL multiplayer for both consoles is dead, and the PS3 version is pretty glitchy I'm told. I don't think it's worth getting at this point.

Meh. If I'd known the online play was going to fizzle out so quickly I would've gotten it earlier but not having money is kind of a problem. But now that thats out of the way, I guess I'll just get me an Xbox 360.

Well, that settles it then. BL multiplayer for both consoles is dead, and the PS3 version is pretty glitchy I'm told. I don't think it's worth getting at this point.

Meh. If I'd known the online play was going to fizzle out so quickly I would've gotten it earlier but not having money is kind of a problem. But now that thats out of the way, I guess I'll just get me an Xbox 360.

/high five

/high five
boo!!!!!

despite how much i love BL multiplayer, im not going to lie the matchmaking is a wasteland

there is a little cycle going on that is making the matchmaking system even more dead

You will find two types of people on MM:

Boosters,Trophy/Achievment Wh.ores and Jerk Pro's, Elites, BLegends or whatever you wanna call them

You will probably go to matchmaking for the first time and search for 2 or 3 minutes, then find a booster, he will send you a message as the battle begins that he "is not interested in playing the game, can you boost me?"

after telling him you just want to play a real match he will get very angry and say "boost plz or GTFO a.s.shole"

then he will probaby surrender and go back to matchmaking as you, and you will continuesly and immediatly find him for the next 10 searches and he will keep begging you to boost, giving up and surrendering

then you will stop finding him suddenly and you will wait another 15 minutes to find a guy with 800 wins 0 losses, yipee! since you will still be an amateur, he will probably "pwn you with his MaD sKillZ" (aka infinite combo you to death every time you land on the ground) and if you actually get the slightest advantage, he will "DC" on you and end the game abrubtly :D

like i said, you will find two peoples... Jerks who wont ever give you a chance to play the game properly, and boosters who wont let you play the game...

us "cool" people play custom match together where their arent jerks,noobs like you, or boosters

/high five
boo!!!!!
i have a ps3 too, i just find xbox to be a better experience than its rival. but alas to each his own.

Err.... explodey? Don't you think that playing just amongst yourselves kind of contributes to the death of BL's online multiplayer? I can see why you would do it, but think about it. Maybe you're just trying to get the best experience for yourselves, but you may also be preventing other people who want to play real matches from finding you guys.

I mean, I CAN see why you would do it. If Activision/Microsoft/Sony/EA hadn't dropped the game so fast and put some effort to regulate multiplayer, I don't think anyone would have to worry about coming across jerks/dc'ers/boosters.

It's their job to provide regulations for the community to follow. Player's jobs are to just play the game. And when one of them doesn't do their job, a vicious cycle ensues. In this case, there weren't any real regulations, so players took matters into their own hands which means players weren't actually playing most of the time. And when players aren't playing, the game looks dead to potential new players. A DLC gets released, and some new people join, but still nothing to dictate what's right or wrong. So many of the new people end up doing things like dc'ing simply because they assume it's not wrong, because there isn't anything that exclusively states that it is. So long time players avoid these newbies with things like dc'ing lists, it gets passed around, and no one plays with these people who don't understand why it's considered wrong by the community, and they end up quitting on the assumption that the game is dead. The cycle continues, and long time players have to put up with unfavorable crowds, and then they end up quitting because they don't want to put up with people like that. But that's just my take on it. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

tl;dr BL wouldn't have died so quickly if there were were rules.

Edit: @Mike: /highfivesback. I've left you hanging long enough.

/high five
boo!!!!!
i have a ps3 too, i just find xbox to be a better experience than its rival. but alas to each his own.
well ur the only hobo i knew with a ps3 AND an 360

GTFO >:(

Now your just starting stupid crap.

Anyway, I have started replaying both Golden Sun games to return my knowledge of the story for the third installment next month, and I am now stuck in Okami which makes me sad.

Yessir, ain't nothing like homemade mac n' cheese with a breadcrumb and parmesan crust to top it all off <3

I have to babysit a three year old who can't speak proper English yet.

HELP.

well at least I'm getting paid $25 for two hours and getting fancy mac & cheese from Simon & Seaford's as payment :3c

also I want to make a shimiji of my mewself ((a shimiji is a custom desktop buddy that wanders on your desktop being all cute))