Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

You can join in scarecrow, don't be scared.

Okay fine, your sweeping statement is unfair. You're judging a whole gender for the actions of some women. Not only that but you're basically saying the achievements of a woman are partially due to how attractive she is rather then for the hard work she put into reaching her goals, which is bullshit. An honest woman has to work harder then an equally skilled honest man to do the same job for less pay. So next time you start to make a idiot generalization like that do us all a favor and don't.

You can join in scarecrow, don't be scared.

Okay fine, your sweeping statement is unfair. You're judging a whole gender for the actions of some women. Not only that but you're basically saying the achievements of a woman are partially due to how attractive she is rather then for the hard work she put into reaching her goals, which is bullshit. An honest woman has to work harder then an equally skilled honest man to do the same job for less pay. So next time you start to make a idiot generalization like that do us all a favor and don't.

Lol scarecrow can't take on obvious joke.

Also, you can't deny that men aren't slaves to the temptations of the female form in most cases. And in many careers, yes women that are more attractive owe most of their success to that. (I never said all do) Also you cannot deny that teenagers be men or women are extremely superficial making it easier for an actractive teenage girl to skate by her earlier years (she is going to have to get work skills sometime when shes older, I'm not denying that) than someone who works hard at what they do, be they male or female.

If men are slaves to female beauty then that's on men, not the other way around. As for most women being successful because of their looks that's just your opinion. If a teen girl uses her looks to skate through her teens more power to her because being a teenager sucks.

As for the girl on the YouTube video. She's on YouTube, of course she's an attention whore. Everyone on YouTube is. That's the whole point of the place. If she dresses provocatively to increase her viewership then so what? Should a comedy group not make dick jokes because they know it appeals to a broad spectrum of people? Honestly Warrior I think you're just jealous because she has more viewers than you do.

Not all women dress like sluts to get attention, honestly. If you saw a picture of me, you wouldn't think I was a slut. I wear graphic tees, jeans and sweatshirts almost every day. I'm not even that pretty, really. And what about the girls that actually have sex appeal? Well, my friend has a large bust, but she also perfers to wear jeans and baggy graphic tees (and usually a sweatshirt from Canada).

Thus, stereotypes mean NOTHING.

(Mostly.)

Girl in that vid looks butt effing ugly

I don't like make up at all, and looks can be deceiving. like those rock chick that don't listen to rock o.O

Well it sure is different to see the games section of the forums all lit up with new posts

I see lots of new people joining, too. Hopefully they'll stay on longer than the people that came in with the brief wave of mad BL fandom

And isn't stacking supposed to be out by now? Has anyone played it yet?

Not all women dress like sluts to get attention, honestly. If you saw a picture of me, you wouldn't think I was a slut. I wear graphic tees, jeans and sweatshirts almost every day. I'm not even that pretty, really. And what about the girls that actually have sex appeal? Well, my friend has a large bust, but she also perfers to wear jeans and baggy graphic tees (and usually a sweatshirt from Canada).

(Mostly.)

I have one boyfriend, three girlfriends and a perfect figure. (literally. I'm serious.) I prefer skirts, leggings, high-heeled boots, babydoll graphics tees, and low-cut tank tops. In the winter I wear skinny jeans and long black coats. And yet? I have been called a slut or ho all of once in my life (and that was by hot, so it hardly counts). It really just depends on how you present yourself, how you carry yourself, and your attitude towards people in general and people you're attracted to in particular. I act childish (but more in a cute way than in an immature way) and make an effort to be cute and likable all the time. I try to be the one that's always upbeat, and I prefer to get my darker sentiments out through art rather than by being a bitch to everyone.

Just saying, it has more to do with your personality than how you dress.

You do make an excellent point, Katez. Everything you say, do, even wear, sends a message to the people around you.

Sorry about being cliche.

Wow, intelligent discussion between peeps? Nicely done DFAF.

It does seem that alot of what people are involved with online can be seen as narcissistic in a sense. Youtube and facebook, are much like others have said on here. It's ego oriented. But I think as long as people don't go overboard with those things and always consider moderation, it's not too bad of a thing. Thinking of others as well as yourself shouldn't be a problem. Sharing aspects of yourself with others is normal and healthy, just don't over do it.

N. E. Ways this is far to serious a tone for here. So on a lighter note:

Here is something that will change your life forever. "lol" isn't funny. It's a small man drowning. CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

Well, looks like Stacking is out now

Another game I'm never going to be able to play

*le sigh*

(Mostly.)

I have one boyfriend, three girlfriends and a perfect figure. (literally. I'm serious.) I prefer skirts, leggings, high-heeled boots, babydoll graphics tees, and low-cut tank tops. In the winter I wear skinny jeans and long black coats. And yet? I have been called a slut or ho all of once in my life (and that was by hot, so it hardly counts). It really just depends on how you present yourself, how you carry yourself, and your attitude towards people in general and people you're attracted to in particular. I act childish (but more in a cute way than in an immature way) and make an effort to be cute and likable all the time. I try to be the one that's always upbeat, and I prefer to get my darker sentiments out through art rather than by being a bitch to everyone.

Just saying, it has more to do with your personality than how you dress.

i don't remember calling you a slut

Ah, Bionicle. I remember that from my childhood. It started out being really good with the story, then they just couldn't make up their mind or something and it went all over the place

And don't get me started on that piece of crap they called a movie. I mean come on, I was a kid and I could tell it was bad

But still, those two Bionicle point-n-click flash games on the official Lego website were the best ones I played. I think I might just get an account there to play them again

So I'm eligible to nominate people for the Hugo awards and for the Campbell new writers award. I only have like five people I want to nominate though, and there are like a hundred spaces on the form. I was wondering if anyone else had anyone they wanted to nominate but were not able to?

Please look up what the categories and rules are, I'm not going to list them all here. Also make sure that the person or work you want to nominate is actually from 2010 (or 2010/2009 in the case of the Campbell) and tell me the title of the work, the creator, and the publisher.

Ah, Bionicle. I remember that from my childhood. It started out being really good with the story, then they just couldn't make up their mind or something and it went all over the place

And don't get me started on that piece of crap they called a movie. I mean come on, I was a kid and I could tell it was bad

But still, those two Bionicle point-n-click flash games on the official Lego website were the best ones I played. I think I might just get an account there to play them again

Yes, the Bionicle point and click flash game was what got me addicted too, though playing it now probably wouldn't be the same. As the game updated and unlocked new things to correspond with what was happening in the main story, you really felt like you were part of the world.

Anywhere, here is a line from my story:

"Evil Nuva Gods in suits of armor dont take medicen!" He yelled."

If men are slaves to female beauty then that's on men, not the other way around. As for most women being successful because of their looks that's just your opinion. If a teen girl uses her looks to skate through her teens more power to her because being a teenager sucks.

As for the girl on the YouTube video. She's on YouTube, of course she's an attention whore. Everyone on YouTube is. That's the whole point of the place. If she dresses provocatively to increase her viewership then so what? Should a comedy group not make dick jokes because they know it appeals to a broad spectrum of people? Honestly Warrior I think you're just jealous because she has more viewers than you do.

Are you blaming a gender for biology? I never blamed anyone for it, I just stated it as fact. Not all girls are successful just because of looks, but I can point to many jobs and industry where they are successful only because of looks. My point is that all girls aren't perfect and some are terrible, just like with men. Genders don't have monopolies on good and bad psychiatric and social properties.

@miriku and katez, I was saying that not all girls dress like sluts to get attention, but all girls who dress like sluts only do it for the attention. How do you think I got a girlfriend in the first place if I dislike girls that dress like sluts?

I was saying that I dislike girls that dress like sluts so if I thought all girls dressed like sluts I wouldn't have a girlfriend.