Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

My connection is all screwed up. I might not be on as much the next couple of days.

OH NOOOOO.

<.<.... >.>.... They're watching us....

NOES. I knew it! o_O

Doing Script Frenzy this year... with only a small page-count goal since it's my first time even attempting a script. But it'll be fun!

Ah, so thats why I'm shiny.

EDIT: and omg fur/hot changed his/its icon! How will we ever know it's you??

hey guys i just realized the reason for why you sometimes get a star beside your name in the active members list

use the uppermost login area and you get a star

use the one in the chalkboard and you don't

There has to be more than one reason. Cause I've never used the top most log-in and I have still had stars next to my name. My theory is that it comes on when a user is logged in with more than one browser at a time. (notice I have a star now too, but I never logged in with the top log-in bar.

Edit: I'm right, I'm logged in with both IE and Firefox and got a star.

Edit2: firefox only, and no star.

Edit3: IE only, and no star.

Can't be right my friend. I'm only on Safari and I always have a star. I'm looking at the page source, but theres nothing useful in here.

EDIT: My initial thought was that it just marked your name. Sn00t, do you only have the star on your side? and do I have one?

Can't be right my friend. I'm only on Safari and I always have a star. I'm looking at the page source, but theres nothing useful in here.

EDIT: My initial thought was that it just marked your name. Sn00t, do you only have the star on your side? and do I have one?

Like I said, it has to be more than one reason for the star. What I tried was only one reason.

ok let me explain the stars to you guys

the star indicates that you are in anonymous mode (ie your name doesn't appear in the active members list). if you can see the star that means nobody else can see your name. only you can see the star.

if you check the source, you will see that the two different login forms have different 'hiddenFields'. one has the anon field checked, the other does not.

i also think that sometimes, when you login in non-anon mode, the star appears but eventually disappears. i'm not sure why this is. it's not because you login in with two different browsers, because i just tried that.

I took the last pear, and I didn't even want it that much. Obviously my bro wanted it more than I did, but it was a matter of pride; I thought, hey it's looking a little past its prime, maybe I'll just eat it now if no one else is going to, picked it out of the fruit bowl, and my brother snatched it out of my hand. If he had asked? I would have said 'Sure man, I was just going to eat it if no one else wanted it, it's yours.' But seriously? Yeah, I don't care if he wanted it. I never got away with that kind of shit, neither will he.

I don't understand some people. The guy in front of me is using IE8 with a bunch of toolbars on a widescreen monitor so the area he can view webpages is incredibly narrow. Just looking at HIM using it annoys me.

Hmmm, I guess I derped. I must be tired, also I thought that was some kind of joke aimed at English majors for some reason (oh how I have grown to detest English majors in such a short time)

ok let me explain the stars to you guys

the star indicates that you are in anonymous mode (ie your name doesn't appear in the active members list). if you can see the star that means nobody else can see your name. only you can see the star.

if you check the source, you will see that the two different login forms have different 'hiddenFields'. one has the anon field checked, the other does not.

i also think that sometimes, when you login in non-anon mode, the star appears but eventually disappears. i'm not sure why this is. it's not because you login in with two different browsers, because i just tried that.

What does it mean when a username is not underlined in the active members list?

if a name is not underlined it means you haven't clicked on it yet. this is true of every link on the forum.

[pre]A:link {

color:#333333;

text-decoration: underline;

}

A:visited {

color:#999999;

text-decoration:none;

}

[/pre]

Anybody else spot the fact that the person in the library was holding the book upside down? Legitimate entry or not I'm sure that it was entered in the hopes of getting accepted.

But now it's online. Soon every student at Lincoln U will be shouting "Go home dinosaurs!"

At least they should be.

I think everyone everywhere should be shouting that at all hours.

Ahhh all these programs are pissing me off for my webcomic, Autotesk Sketchbook would be perfect if not for TWO things, firstly there's no text tool and secondly you can't make really nice good smooth solid black lines that I need for chaaaaracters argghhh... I tried out Adobe Illustrator to see if it could be potentially good for maybe using in conjunction with Sketchbook but it just annoys me, why caaaan't it be more like Fllllaaashes vector drawing, that's way better then the majority of art programs and it's not even meant for that.