Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

As I say sometimes,

"If you were a magnet, you wouldn't be able to attract a freaking paper clip."

...of course, I only save that for the idiots. *angrily eyes Scarecrow*

You're not stupid, Zee. Don't listen to him. Do what you want. Give it another go.

*nostalgic Scarecrow BACKSTAB'D*

::grumble:: Why must the post offices close at 12:30 on a Saturday, now I must await until Monday before I can pick up my Wii.::grumble::

I wish I could give you advice, Zee, but I hate guys so if you asked me out I would probably poke you in the eyeballs and taze you. Plus I'm taken. It's okay because my boyfriend is an honorary girl. But anyway, I'm not exactly one to ask "If you were a girl (which you are) and I asked you out (which I'm not, unless I'm your actual boyfriend who is terrible at keeping secret crushes by proposing hypothetical situations), what would I have to do to make you say yes?"

Speaking of pretty people, there's this kid in the math class I was transferred to Thursday (which I'm out of again ._.) who looks pretty much exactly like my boyfriend except a year younger. It's really weird. Obviously I have no remote desire to actually know him, but it's kind of creepy staring at him because he's totally gorgeous even though he's not my guy. I feel kind of guilty. xD But can you blame me? o_o I mean, when do I get to see my boyfriend's face? What, everytime I go on his Facebook profile?

I guess I'm also having some issues because I'm far less gorgeous than my boyfriend's ex, and honestly he seems a lot happier talking to this girl he says he has a crush on. And that's not just me being critical of myself- I mean, honestly, if the circumstances were right, I would totally date her. And that's not just "If I were a boy I'd think she were pretty." And he says he feels really guilty for being friends with this other girl. He says it's because he's had relationship issues in the past (and believe me, he has) and he's afraid that if he somehow loses me, he won't have anything to fall back on. And honestly, I trust him about every word he says about those things. Maybe it's naive of me, but we're really spiritually and emotionally intimate people... So it's not so much that I'm jealous of his other girlyfriend as I feel guilty that I can't be such a good friend for him even though he says I am. I'm not either of those girls and I don't feel like I'm as good as half of one of them. I'm sure it's just me, but it sure doesn't feel good.

So I kinda feel for you, Zee. Feeling like you should be doing something, but because of your actions you're doing sub-par in a relationship, or lack thereof, even though you know you've tried. Or at least, that's how it sounds.

I wish I could give you advice, Zee, but I hate guys so if you asked me out I would probably poke you in the eyeballs and taze you. Plus I'm taken. It's okay because my boyfriend is an honorary girl. But anyway, I'm not exactly one to ask "If you were a girl (which you are) and I asked you out (which I'm not, unless I'm your actual boyfriend who is terrible at keeping secret crushes by proposing hypothetical situations), what would I have to do to make you say yes?"

Speaking of pretty people, there's this kid in the math class I was transferred to Thursday (which I'm out of again ._.) who looks pretty much exactly like my boyfriend except a year younger. It's really weird. Obviously I have no remote desire to actually know him, but it's kind of creepy staring at him because he's totally gorgeous even though he's not my guy. I feel kind of guilty. xD But can you blame me? o_o I mean, when do I get to see my boyfriend's face? What, everytime I go on his Facebook profile?

I guess I'm also having some issues because I'm far less gorgeous than my boyfriend's ex, and honestly he seems a lot happier talking to this girl he says he has a crush on. And that's not just me being critical of myself- I mean, honestly, if the circumstances were right, I would totally date her. And that's not just "If I were a boy I'd think she were pretty." And he says he feels really guilty for being friends with this other girl. He says it's because he's had relationship issues in the past (and believe me, he has) and he's afraid that if he somehow loses me, he won't have anything to fall back on. And honestly, I trust him about every word he says about those things. Maybe it's naive of me, but we're really spiritually and emotionally intimate people... So it's not so much that I'm jealous of his other girlyfriend as I feel guilty that I can't be such a good friend for him even though he says I am. I'm not either of those girls and I don't feel like I'm as good as half of one of them. I'm sure it's just me, but it sure doesn't feel good.

So I kinda feel for you, Zee. Feeling like you should be doing something, but because of your actions you're doing sub-par in a relationship, or lack thereof, even though you know you've tried. Or at least, that's how it sounds.

=) ha its nice to know someone knows where im coming from.

if i tell my jock buddies about this problem they will laugh at me and say "man forget about that (insert demeaning word here)"

i dont really feel like i should be doing something now. i feel like i should have done something back then. i waited to long and im not sure if the opportunity will come again. i suppose i could just go up to her and tell her whats up, and hope all goes well. then she would either say yes...or never talk to me again. ill figure something out. ill either act, or ill totally forget about her.

Zee, did my outlook on things seem insensitive, I was really just trying to cheer you up. But truly, if you were dating that other girl, Megan Fox would be off-limits. And you know, you should always consider this before committing to someone.

You may wish to alter your name before Action Shark comes calling, as he shall not take kindly to his warnings being ignored.

How can I redeem myself?

You never learn so is there point in trying? Half the things you post are rude, disregarding or off putting. You really don't have many redeeming qualities at all. You've been repeatedly warned, threatened and corrected and yet you persist. Making rude comments on someone's sexuality is pretty harsh. So I think whatever you get you earned.

I'm sick and tired of your mean attitude, you don't "redeem" that.

Do you people see why I hate men? I can pretend to love you all you want, but each and every one of you is evil on the inside. Female power has been growing every day humans have been on Earth, but you shouldn't worry too much. When we become the dominant race, we'll need to spare some of you for reproduction until we come up with the meddical technology to artificially impregnate ourselves with only the X chromosome involved and very little cost and complication. Some female-dominated species do have male children, but eat them shortly after birth or store them for later unless they need them. Most species of bees, for example, have only a few males in a hive, for the queen's use. The rest are eaten. In certain ant colonies, males are rarely born and are loners. During the appropriate season, females troop out in search of a male for reproductive purposes using their extraorginary sense of smell. After their business with him is done, they kill and eat him. He is about the size of a human hand and then some while the females are an inch long at best. They live in gigantic colonies and take down relatively large mammals every day.

That would be a perfect world for me. It's stupid to say and nothing I say is going to make it less stupid, but in my entire life I have not met a man I didn't want to kill with my own hands but my boyfriend, and I hardly know him in real life anyway.

You really don't have many redeeming qualities at all.

But that means I have some redeeming qualities, right? :coolsmile:

No.

I'm sick and tired of your mean attitude, you don't "redeem" that.

Do you people see why I hate men? I can pretend to love you all you want, but each and every one of you is evil on the inside. Female power has been growing every day humans have been on Earth, but you shouldn't worry too much. When we become the dominant race, we'll need to spare some of you for reproduction until we come up with the meddical technology to artificially impregnate ourselves with only the X chromosome involved and very little cost and complication. Some female-dominated species do have male children, but eat them shortly after birth or store them for later unless they need them. Most species of bees, for example, have only a few males in a hive, for the queen's use. The rest are eaten. In certain ant colonies, males are rarely born and are loners. During the appropriate season, females troop out in search of a male for reproductive purposes using their extraorginary sense of smell. After their business with him is done, they kill and eat him. He is about the size of a human hand and then some while the females are an inch long at best. They live in gigantic colonies and take down relatively large mammals every day.

That would be a perfect world for me. It's stupid to say and nothing I say is going to make it less stupid, but in my entire life I have not met a man I didn't want to kill with my own hands but my boyfriend, and I hardly know him in real life anyway.

Wow! Someone's read Valerie Solanas' SCUM Manifesto.

I do hope you realize that what you just wrote could and should be viewed as a prejudice remark.

I don't care how awful your experience with men has been, such hatred toward men in general is ignorant. And Misandry is just as bad as Racism.

I know. It's a mental thing more than it is my own will to hate men. Trust me, hating guys isn't easy- they make up 49% of the world. But that's not how my brain works. :/ It's kept me out of school, it's put me in the hospital, it's done a lot of crappy things.

It's prejudice I'm trying to get over. Frankly I don't think I'll manage it soon, but I dislike guys because I've been opressed by them, not because I think they're inferior. Although I do have a hard time believing that there are any men out there who aren't opressive. I try to keep it inside, but I've been having a really hard couple days. If I had it my way, I'd be in the hospital right now, actually. And it's all because of my phobia. I really don't feel like talking about it. But sometimes I have to let out a little feminine superiority steam. Sorry if I hit anyone directly. It's stupid for me to run to discrimination, but I can't help but feel like I deserve to be able to say those things even though I know that's not true :/

And I'm referring to men that I know moreso than men that exist. :P Nothing I say can make it sound less stupid, but being a heterophobe is pretty damn stupid to begin with. My phobia I don't have control of, but DFAF isn't my place to puke all over, so sorry again.

Zee, did my outlook on things seem insensitive, I was really just trying to cheer you up. But truly, if you were dating that other girl, Megan Fox would be off-limits. And you know, you should always consider this before committing to someone.

ha no i laughed at it scarecrow.

oh and the guy hatred conversation... it made me sad :down: sure lots of guys are like that but i know lots who arent also (including me) but oh well you thoghs are your thought zilla. i hope we are still pals!

oh and i figured out i should just forget about that girl and move on. there was a time when she liked me (i found out from my friend who is her best friend) but i dont think she does anymore. like i said some girls have a tendancy to stop liking you altogether if you dont act fast enough. i had a whole month to act and i didnt. its mostly my fault. all in all i learned something from this. i might ask her about it, i might not. im not sure yet. i might just stay single for a bit longer, its pretty cool, because i can flirt with multiple girls at one time, just for fun (yeah im not the one to mess around when im with someone).

anyway, its been a learning experience: no matter how nervous you are, just go for it. you have nothing to lose.

I know. I don't feel any differently about guys than I did five minutes ago, I don't have any problem with you. : ) It's just that my emotional aversion to men is so strong I actually retch occasionally when I'm in close enough vicinity to one- that makes school tough. I rarely get seated next to chicas. So when someone aggrivates me by doing something stupid, I get really defensive trying to protect myself from what my brain has always seen as a threat.

It pisses me off that I can think that way and think it to be totally reasonable and yet hate all other kinds of discrimination. XP I mean, I do have racism inside my head because of the way my life has gone. I have automatic prejudices toward all kinds of groups of people, but I know it's wrong and I try not to act differently because of it and I try to cut down even on the thoughts. Natural prejudice can be a part of the subconcious. If you consider the experiences that have built up in my mind over years and years, it makes a hell of a lot of sense that man in general is the enemy and woman plays the victim in my head.

But I can honestly spare you the drama. Long story short, dude, I don't hate any of you guys. I'm just scared shitless of you, and my only way to react to that sometimes is anger. : P

BUTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay because I'm going to start learning Kobudou. So I can take out my anger on you in less offensive ways like using asterisks around phrases like "kicks your ass with a ninja sword" and such.

Actually, I'm not learning ninjatou. I'm learning TONFA! Which are way cooler weapons. Maybe someday the Bo, too, but before that probably the Sai or Fan.

Okinawanokobudou = Okinawan style of martial arts. While Okinawa is an island in Japan, Kobudou is not considered Japanese. I believe many Okinawan weapon names even come from their native language, which is related to but not even close to the same as Japanese. Okinawan martial arts is based on weaponry invented during the era of Japan's Civil War. Many types of weapons were outlawed and required to be confiscated, and so in order to provide self-defense commoners had to come up with creative ways to use things such as farming tools such as weapons.

(Is going to talk about something interesting now, ddid you notice?)

The Okinawan Kama and Kusarigama (scythe and scythe-on-weighted-chain) are used in a lot of anime and video games. Any smaller-sized scythe weapons are probably Kama. They're generally dual-weilded, except for the Kusarigama, the kama of which is held in one hand and the weight or chain in the other. Let it be noted, though, that scythes in Soul Eater are referred to by the same word, so it may be a "scythe" word in general, although I'm not sure if Kama is the word for the farming tool or the name adopted for the weapon itself.

The Okinawan Bo is also seen a lot. It's a popular Kendo weapon. It's a stick. Just a stick. A very long stick, with very strict technique. The measurement of a Bo is meant to be just large enough to fit into the eye socket, although such a critical hit is rare. A Bo can be swung for horizontal, vertical, and piercing strikes. It's the most well-known and versatile weapon of them all, and is considered by many to be "the best."

The Okinawan Sai has probably only ever shown itself to you in some ninja games or movies, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was the best show ever. It is a stabbing knife with two prongs sticking out on either side of the small needle-like blade. Unfortunately, you've probably seen it held wrong. The Sai is meant to be held with the blade against one's forearm. This allows the Sai to be one of the easiest weapons to use with normal Karate and Kobudou techniques because, as the hilt is generally sticking out at all times, and that grip of the knife is very sturdy, straight punches and even hooks can be performed as normal, but with the focused pressure of the knife's handle. For stabbing blows, a surprisingly quick flick of the thumb and index finger will bring the Sai around, allowing for effective and hilarious little flicks and quick changing between stabbing and beating styles. Sai are almost always weilded two at a time.

The Okinawan Tonfa or Tsunkuwa is a wooden shaft with a short handle sticking from the side. The ends of the shaft stick out about an inch or more beyond the hand and elbow. This allows for powerful punches with focused pressure, blocking with the long end of the shaft, hugely powerful backward blows by using the strength of your entire shoulder, elbow, and wrist, and hilarious slapping of people by quickly rotating the handle, leaving the longer end of the shaft in front of your hand for maximum whapping capacity. I'm learning these.

Video game characters I know who use Tonfas are Talim from Soul Calibur (and I've been wanting to do Kobudou for ages, my crush on her may be only a little bit of my reason for learning xD) and Mao from Tales of Rebirth. They're awesome.

I want to learn how to use the Bo. Well actually I'm pretty competent with a pole like object. Weather my self taught comfortablity with wielding them would help me in a fight is a different matter.

Oh wow, Aikido memories coming flooding back here.

And I'm still allowed to tease Scarecrow every once in a while about his grammar. Only 'cuz I love him.

Hooray! The feeling is mutual. Just wait until I get those Tonfas in the mail, you'll have something to really be scared of.

... Wait, they're rubber. DAMMIT.

EDIT: Also if they ever made a flag pole version of Bo training including the strength to pull a flag pole out of the ground I could kick ass at school and it would be awesome. Except I would probably accidentally kick the school's ass.

i would run away from you screaming. i dont do that to often, in fact i have never done it, but if you would like to see me do it then learn that skill!

Oh don't even compare, you're just a jerk who gets off on putting other people down. And you have a history of doing so. This is Zilla's first major issue, and unlike you, we all like her (even if we are afraid of her at the same time).

Seconded, Scarecrow. DFAF becomes nothing more than a hostile, unpleasant community whenever you're around. It's becoming a chore to check for new posts from my friends because of aforementioneed unpleasantries. Action Shark has been way more patient with you than you deserve, and honestly I'm considering going on a posting hiatus until you finally get kicked out of here because it's just not fun anymore.

I doubt you'd run away. I'm shorter than most ten-year-olds. You probably wouldn't even notice me.

Although my lack of height leaves me at a fine position to aim for your "special" place. >D

I have a friend who's reeeeeally tall, though. I go about up to her bust line. xD She's like a second mom for me. Always reaches things for me that I can't get to. And I never have to ask. I just whine and nudge her and she instinctively reaches up. Like a second mom for me.

*sigh*

Like I said before, THIS was the reason I was always trying to kill Scarecrow in my first few months here. *Scarecrow backstab*