Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

If this is about that brick'd thing, I remember making a very sincere apology to you, so if it isn't that, then what is it I did to upset you?

In other, related news; Everybody get random should now be known as THE THREAD OF DRAMA!

DRAMA!!!....anywho, just when i thought times were getting better, sonic unleashed fell into my lap and ruined my day (is that random enough to change the subject?)

Yeah. You know, Mighty the Armadillo has a big enough fan(girl)base that they could probably make some decently successful crap with him, although then again there's also a chance that he would be just another Sonic spinoff and suck. And by "they could," I mean "if they actually had the intelligence" and such. Yeah. :/ I honestly can't think of the last thing I played that was made by Sega. Billy Hatcher? Now that was a good game with cute characters. I woulda bought a sequel...

NiGHTS was Sega too, wasn't it. But the Wii installment sucked so bad I had to sell it because it made my house reek of horrible game smell.

By the way, I love this musical. When you hear about it it's weird, but I think it's really charming. You've got plenty of forms of entertainment that combine children's styles of shows and rediculous dirty material in an attempt to be funny, but the concept behind this is supposed to be more based on the fact that we're brought up in such a friendly world as kids with our muppets and sesame street, but the world turns out to be one big happy bowl of sheet.

I don't know, the music is good and it's cute as long as you're not yet driven sick by the internet fads.

I watched the last half of the Golden Globes, The Honor for Steven Spielberg was awesome because I worship him as a creative force. And I was happy that Kate Winslet got best actress and her speech was one part typical sincere acknowledgment of all the little people that got her there and one part comedy skit... Only you couldn't tell which was which half of the time. The woman... I love her, that's all there is to say.

hi everybody. it was my birthday yesterday, i turned 16, and im getting my license tommorow. i also have a girlfriend, shes 14 but she turns 15 next month. dont take me for a pedophile please.

thank you!!! yeah when i was 14 i went out with a 11 year old. it felt weird but we didnt DO anything, so it was cool

hi everybody. it was my birthday yesterday, i turned 16, and im getting my license tommorow. i also have a girlfriend, shes 14 but she turns 15 next month. dont take me for a pedophile please.

hahaha... Maybe you and Shagg should hang out...

Geez you all date overly-much.

I feel like that rabbit from that one humorous flash cartoon.

Well, I suppose everyone can get a second chance. Thing is, now people will be seeing you in every new member ever... and some of your mannerisms are easy to detect.

Anyway, I like cheesecake.

I would just like to make it clear that !I am in no way the user formerly known as Jesus! Having on another forum done something similar and hurting many people I liked in my past I will never ever do something like that again.

I like Cherry Cheesecake the best.

Tira Misu cheesecake can't be beat. Ever.

You shouldn't take jabs at people even if it's not especially "sensitive." That's not what awesome people do. And for all of the half-assed apologies I've heard lately, I find it hard to believe that any others are anything but ploys to attract Action Sea Kitten's sympathy and forgiveness.

We all have our moments, but repeat offenses without remorse I don't put up with. *shrug* But it's not my business. I'm just another member here. I really do think I need to take a break from here for a short while. And by "short while" I probably mean two days because the internet calls my name and it rings in my ears all the time, but that still amounts to something.

And again we fall back into the threads intended purpose, Only for me to deride it once more with a conversational topic.

I know some people here read the Escapist. I' don't read every article week to week but sometimes an issue is of interesting enough to grab my attention. This week's issue: entitled "Minority Report" has nothing to do with sci-fi, tackling instead the various forms of stereotyping and ignorance common in games throughout its history. While I've only read three of the five pieces I can say that this one is worth it for any gamer who's interests in the medium surpass the lastast news and reviews. I would especially recommend reading Emanuel Maiberg's article on the misrepresentation of World War II, in See No Evil.

Wow I missed an entire argument. Insane. Usually I skip checking this thread because it's so random. I guess I have learned my lesson.

Zilla, sorry about your phobia but you can't really post stuff like 'all men are evil'. I wouldn't let anybody else say that kind of stuff either, about men or women or anyone. But you apologized and everything so I assume you already know this.

Have you been oppressed by men in your lifetime, that triggered the phobia?

Thanks for understanding, Action Shark. Yeah, I've had a lot of really bad experiences with men in my life, and lately I'd been having trouble with incidents at school. Being an androphobe is really hard since guys are just EVERYWHERE. >__< I even had a legitimate panic attack, but I still have to take responsibility for the things I said. I've grown up thinking that women are the victims and men are the enemy, and it's hard to get that idea out of my mind. But that's really no better than saying that women are evil or stupid or objects or toys, and the crazy "logic" my brain has set up to justify my feelings made me forget that.

I'll spare you most of the details about the origins of my phobia, but I've really been realizing things about it lately, like how my father was actually abusive, and how boys that were bullies kept me out of school and even in the hospital. I feel really threatened around men because I've been sexually harassed and even assaulted on one occasion this year (and the kid got in no trouble for doing it, which only increases my frustration). It's really hard trying not to feel like I have to defend myself from men, but my boyfriend's helping me get over the idea that "all men are the same" and I'm really grateful that the people on DFAF are so nice- honestly DFAF has helped to release a lot of the tension I've had from the past week or two. :)

Wow.

Men do suck.

Of course I've always known this. My best friend is a girl and... uh, she's had some similar experiences. Not to the same extent.

I like to think I'm not like that though.

thats it im staying freakin single!

the girl i was going out with cheated on me. she actually slept with some guy from another school. she admitted to it to. so i broke it off with her. the awful thing was our relationship wasnt even sexual.

im staying single for bit. if that right girl comes along, i may give in. im not sure.

Thanks. It still doesn't excuse me, though.

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Zee. The right girl will come around for you at the right time. Maybe a break is what you need. People our age will be people are age, no matter what sort of people we are. Some of us take relationships more seriously than others and some of us are more ready than others and some are more trustworthy than others- and some have different standards. Some people think it's okay to hold a relationship like that, and other people are in relationships for different "benefits" than others.

My boyfriend and I have accepted the fact that we're teenagers and we're probably going to go after other people cause that's just how we work. We won't cheat, no, but we need to be able to learn what relationships are all about- I mean, we're not really adults here. We're getting close.

I'm not trying to compare to your situation, Zee. D: It really must suck to be cheated on. I hope you have better luck with relationships whenever the right one presents itself to you. I don't take high school relationships very silly because I feel like a lot of people get boyfriends and girlfriends just for the sense of propeerty or something else. I've never wanted a boyfriend, and not just because I'm an androphobe, but because I thought it was just stupid. But I feel something really weird that might just be some kind of love toward my boyfriend that I have now, and that's why we're together. I got sick of saying "he's my guy friend and I love him sooo much, but he's not my boyfriend." But then other relationships can be just as productive without being the same kind of relationship that we're in- I mean, it's pretty damn weird that our relationship is as serious as it is. It's my first relationship. Ever. And I'm only fifteen years old.

I'm too young to be in a sexual relationship, anyway. As much as I really love my boyfriend and want to be around him all the time and sit on a couch together under a blanket and watch sci-fi movies, I'm not ready to go that far yet, and I won't be for quite a few years. That's me personally. Relationships work differently for everyone, so no one should live by "rules" that society makes for relationships. I'm so happy with my boyfriend, even though it's disastrous and dangerous by-the-book.

thats it im staying freakin single!

the girl i was going out with cheated on me. she actually slept with some guy from another school. she admitted to it to. so i broke it off with her. the awful thing was our relationship wasnt even sexual.

im staying single for bit. if that right girl comes along, i may give in. im not sure.

I'm so sorry to hear that!

When my mother was a teen, the guy she was going out with cheated on her. She was pissed at him for the longest time. He tried getting back with her and she gave him a second chance, but he repeated what he did before. They broke up again, and latter he tried getting back with her. She rejected him.

Moral: If someone does something once, they may do it again. Plus, they just showed you their true colors.

I wouldn't worry about relationships too much if I were you. Besides, you're only a teenager right now. You should be more focused on things like grades. At the teen years, people can be really imature or shallow about relation ships. I'm not saying to not date. Dating is good! but don't try to rush anything. Really get to know the person even if it takes months. The more you know them before hooking up and the more close you are, the better the relationship will be. :)