Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Has anyone noticed that we have been talking more and more about relationships the last few days? xD

Not that that is a bad thing. It's good to talk about your troubles.

Apple Pop is a wise old sage. I'll bet pandas live in her beard.

Heck, my woman beard is a whole fricken forest!

(thank you lord that I am not actually blessed with facial hair)

If I was a dude, I would totally grow a beard and sideburns. Maybe a small mustache too.

I'm growing a beard because I really don't want to shave. I don't have horrible acne, but I think if I started to shave I may break out and have some real problems. For now, I'm working on a beard until someone has a problem with it (fortunately, I'm blond so most people don't notice my facial hair_. My sideburns are coming along pretty well, but my neck itches something fierce.

As an interesting fact and facet of this thread's real purpose of randomness, did you all know that God being a male entity is actually a very new idea? In older civilizations female gods were far more common, and in polytheistic religions that included male gods, the females held far more power. Common reasoning behind this is that females' menstual cycles follow the patterns of celestial bodies (the moon); they could create (give birth); and they could nourish (breastfeed their children).

Some cultures really do think women are inferior to men, which is really sad. It's really interesting how gender roles change over time, though.

I saw someting the other night talking about how the J-man is most likely a man of color. And some people had a hard time with that. I don't understand why.

Christopher Walken is the J-Man and I don't believe he's a man of color

I'm glad I can't grow a beard yet, and at the rate of my facial growth I won't have to worry about one until I'm 25ish

I find it intresting about how men are normaly more dominant in relationships, but it feels like women are slowly gaining that powershift.

I'm hungry. I want rice noodles.

Then again, I can't say I've frequently heard the term "woman of the house."

Then again, girls in media are frequently portrayed as airheaded, proportionally gifted sex kittens that enjoy chocolate and prostitution.

But media also tells us that baked potato chips are delicious, and that is definitely a lie.

What are you talking about, Scarecrow? This discussion is clearly about snack food.

Damn, I love onion dip. Nothin' like them wavy chips and some onion dips.

And dry cereal. That's what I snack on aaaaaall the time.

I've been gaining some weight! 4 extra pounds and counting!

I LIEK MAC AND CHEESE!

Why is it, that when I try and make a random comment, the subject here is so random that it becomes relevant and Scarecrow, you are de-railing this thread from the purpose. :P

anyway i just got a wii... it was very unexpecting, but my step brother just asked if i wanted to put some money into buying a wii and i said yes so me and my bro are now wii owners.

so far we bought "SSBB", "starwars: force unleashed", and "links crossbow training". and he bought "wii play" just for the heck of it. (and of course we got "wii sports")

anyway, back to my point. i would like to know some games worth buying.

i have "no more heroes" being shipped to me from amazon right now.

any games anyone suggests?

(i wont be able to play online, because at my house i cant play online, but at my moms i can and i dont plan on bringing it to my moms)

anyway i just got a wii... it was very unexpecting, but my step brother just asked if i wanted to put some money into buying a wii and i said yes so me and my bro are now wii owners.

so far we bought "SSBB", "starwars: force unleashed", and "links crossbow training". and he bought "wii play" just for the heck of it. (and of course we got "wii sports")

(i wont be able to play online, because at my house i cant play online, but at my moms i can and i dont plan on bringing it to my moms)

I played GH world tour and that was fun, but you prbably already have it for a different system...

You.

Should.

Play.

Okami.

(It is massivly epic)

okami sounds interesting, i might get it.

i cant wait for no more heroes to come in. it should be here in the next day or two

;__; I just deleted a huge long paragraph about how Wario Ware on Wii is awesome. Let's summarize:

Multiplayer will make you cry

Single player is fun as hell

Taking turns with a friend or sibling is surprisingly rewarding

It's the only good minigame game you'll find out there that you'll never get bored of. Plus, the characters are charming, the humor is immature and 110% Japanese, and you'll find yourself trying to break your records over and over again even if you hate this particular set of minigames.

I hear Okami on Wii is a disappointment. If you have a ps2, get it for the ps2. Cheaper AND better! :D

Okami spoilers follow ahead, although it's just about mythology and language included in the game. Still, it will spoil some characters and dungeons for you.

I love Okami. Since I know Japanese pretty well, it was a really fascinating game for me. They refer to the setting of the game as Nippon in-game, which is actually an old word for Japan in the native language. Ookami means "wolf" as well as, technically, "great god," referring to Amaterasu, the protagonist of the game and an actual Japanese goddess of the sun. She's related to AmenoUzume, who was the goddess in that picture I drew way back long ago that's on my dA, and her obnoxious brother Susanou also makes an appearance as a character in-game. Many legends are approached, including that of the moon woman Kaguya and her adoptive grandfather, as well as Yoichi the Archer. Even the classic story Momotarou is approached in the game, Oni Island being a dungeon and Kyuubi (Nine Tails) being a boss character. You can even find a kid wandering around the nearby city who will give you peaches. Mythological monsters make appearances as enemies. The only thing I was disappointed by was the lack of Tanuki as a monster. I mean, I know they have to keep the game kid-friendly, but that didn't stop Pom Poko. I mean, how many video games do YOU know that attack you with giant magical raccoon balls that haven't made a ton of money?