Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

My sisters got a Wii for christmas apparently. I'm going to talk more in depth about this in another post.

Alright, I've gotta get this out somewhere where there are people I actually know.

So I've been having a recurring dream. I had it again last night, and this morning was the first time I actually remembered it. I suspect this is the third or fourth time I've had the dream.

Anyway... I have pretty frequent visions of the scene in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth with

, on at least one occasion taking control of Jack for the entirety of the scene up until Jack escapes through a door in the house that leads down into the sewers, which I do believe only exists inside my mind, but the cellar full of bloody bodies leading up to the sewer does exist in-game and appears to act as a basement to the Waites' house. Additionally, a few times in the dream I've had visions, and at least once acted out, a chase between me and "Mummy," escaping by some miracle using the deadbolt on the cellar door. I wake up or dump that part of the dream either at the point that I discover Ramona (and I don't recall if the fainting always happens; I also don't recall seeing Ramona's father in any instance of the dream, but that may just be me) or escape to the cellar and Jack's (or my) sight begins to blur.

Now, I found this a particularly awesome scene in the game and wildly entertainingly disturbing, but there was something about last night that bothered me. There were a few snippets of other dreams, including something with a lady and a helicopter and an island made entirely of salt, but the only really notable snippet involved a large house that was supposedly under the Order of Dagon's control, with children playing around and people acting worshippy, and I was apparently trying to sneak through a door in order to "progress through the game" to the scene with Ramona, although someone was with me and I insisted they stay to watch the scene because I enjoy sharing creepy games with people, lol. The cult leader from the Silent Hill movie was there watching us suspiciously, but of course I saw it as a video game so I was only worried in the sense that if-she-sees-us-we'll-have-to-restart. Anyway, I regained semiconsciousness as usual, and rested my mind after a nice, fun dream. I thought to myself, "Ha, I remember that scene." But from somewhere, a voice said "What are you talking about?" It was almost mockingly. The images all flashed back in my mind and it was as if the voice said "Yeah, you heard me right."

That was what I found really disturbing. Throughout the day when it came into my mind, I pondered whether or not this scene I'd dreamt about was actually in the game or not. I thought I'd remembered it... but it's true. It was a real scene, though remembered not exactly to-the-dot by my mind.

I have a few ideas about what it might mean, but... I don't really want to talk about them. I just had to share that.

PS: CoC is awesome.

Well, I'm my favorite androphobe on DA. Who's YOURS?

Also, make with the memes or don't question the jokes, soldier.

EDIT: UNLESS IT'S A ZOO

ok so i need to say this somewhere...everyone that i asked just laughed, but im serious...you may think i am very stupid, but i have this theory:

i wonder if you can travel at a speed so fast, that color has to catch up with you......like until you stop everything is white....but wait...white is a color....so then what would it look like before the color catches up with you???

its a totally stupid theory and your probably laughing but i had to say it somewhere.

one thing: everything would be black, not white

black is the absence of color while white light is formed from the mixing of equal parts Red, Green and Blue light (I think...)

ok so i need to say this somewhere...everyone that i asked just laughed, but im serious...you may think i am very stupid, but i have this theory:

i wonder if you can travel at a speed so fast, that color has to catch up with you......like until you stop everything is white....but wait...white is a color....so then what would it look like before the color catches up with you???

its a totally stupid theory and your probably laughing but i had to say it somewhere.

Sadly this would not work. for the same reason as lejwocky pointed out, if you ran or moved so fast that color couldn't keep up you'd be moving faster then light (which is at this point in our knowledge of the universe theoretically impossible) and everything would be dark and this is barring ran through sources of light which would at least cast upon you for a fraction of time. And the effects of stopping would be dependent on the location. If its dark you would be dark their would be no you to see. If it was a lighted place the light would reflect of you and you would have color. Sorry.

BUT! if you were running fast enough for colors to have to catch up, but not faster than the speed of light, wouldn't all the colors blend, making white?

And, if (hypothetically) you did go from that (^) speed to the speed of light, then faster than the speed of light, would everything turn dark instantly?

When I equip the boots of blinding speed in morrowind everything is black. And Bethesda knows all, so I'm pretty sure everything is black.

Actually I've generally heard that white is the absence of color while black is a mix of all colors. In most practices it depends on the saturation, but I actually couldn't tell you which is really which.

You said something I found to be irritating. You could just let the pattern flow, keep the randomness of the thread going, or you could open up and spout speculatory remarks to a rhetorical post. Oh no, now I feel like a bad person. :1

Black is all colors mixed together while white is the absence of it (I still consider white a color though.) When it comes to colors, what ever something is colored, it's absorbing all the color from the light hiting it EXCEPT for the color that it is, which is reflecting of off it producing what we see. I like how I used the word color a jillion times in that post.

Actually I've generally heard that white is the absence of color while black is a mix of all colors. In most practices it depends on the saturation, but I actually couldn't tell you which is really which.
One time, on youtube, I saw this thing where this person had a colour wheel and then they put it on a drill and spun it really fast and it looked white.

In the spirit of the thread: I'm going to see Phish and the Grateful Dead this spring. It's like the 70s again, except I'm alive this time!

You said something I found to be irritating. You could just let the pattern flow, keep the randomness of the thread going, or you could open up and spout speculatory remarks to a rhetorical post. Oh no, now I feel like a bad person. :1

So sorry for irritating you, maybe I wanted in on the joke, but apparently its to much of an irritation to explain it. You know what irritates me? Being excluded because people are to busy running around like life is a triathlon and can't be bothered to slow down and help a guy out!

Good Day Ma'am!

Who's mad at who? This kind of thing happens to me all the time, I'll rant alittle sure, but I'm zen right now.

Like totally, for sure! I even got a manicure!

The sun, I swear, is bleaching out my gorgeous hair!

twenty-eight, sixty-four, I don't know the stupid score!

Go team, fight! fight! Gosh I hope I look alright.

My contribution to the recycled viral department.

...looks like we have another valley girl on our hands.

Will someone bring out the backup straightjackets?

lulz Miriku.

Yeah, Scarecrow, you broke my mood and I wasn't trying to be offensive and I saw you as a little defensive which in turn pissed me off. :B Can we still be friends, you know, with me correcting your grammar and everything only because you know I love you?

I got Tales of Vesperia yesterday. I can't wait. FINALLY a Tales game with a nonhuman playable character. I mean, sure, you have Eugene, but that's just not the same. No to mention, he's the ONLY Gajuma character in the party! And this game is all about countering racism. I mean, Hilda's a Half, but that's nothing. And no spoilers or you'll taste my wrath, and I know how much you guys like that.

Hey, Apple, I had a dream last night where we did that art trade. But we both basically drew two identical pictures. xD Great minds...

Apparently we're having a pun-off at school. My English teacher is hosting it and coaching participants, and I'm considering joining because he is so dang funny. I have him for first period, so he's sleepy, and he's a really strict and serious teacher (I'm surprised I passed his class! Even with my absences, he was really strict on due dates), but every so often he'll crack a joke and we'll sit there for five seconds half-asleep, and then some of us will half-heartedly giggle. When he gets on a roll, you can take him for like ten minutes of just cracking jokes back and forth, but if you yell out something amusing during class, even if it's as a response to one of his cracks, and he's not in the mood, he'll just scold you and tell you to get out your books. xD Still, I imagine he's pretty fun when he's not too sleepy, and he's a really cool guy when he decides it's cool time.

That being said, I'm already a laughing stock at school, and would probably miss all of the practices. Oops.

I'm loving my Tonfas, by the way. There's just something comforting about having a big fat safety foam-padded stick to twirl around. Like when you used to always spin necklaces and lunch boxes around like helicopter blades even though you knew it would hurt someone. lol.

It really aggrivates my carpal tunnel, but I'm getting some strength and it's surprisingly amusing to practice spinning while watching cartoons.

I'm sorry I wrecked your mood, and yes we can still be friends. But if you think you're going to correct my grammar you're out of your mind woman. My grammar is just shy of perfect.
If we're talking about grammar, isn't it improper to start a sentence with"But"?

Apparently we're having a pun-off at school.

Will Punsie MacHale be there? xD

BACK ON TOPIC.

Actually, starting a sentance with 'but' is perfectly fine. It's starting a sentance with 'and' that isn't good. We seem to do that a lot here. xD

I'm sorry I wrecked your mood, and yes we can still be friends. But if you think you're going to correct my grammar you're out of your mind woman. My grammar is just shy of perfect.
If we're talking about grammar, isn't it improper to start a sentence with"But"?

That's a hilariously common misconception, made even more hilarious and common by grammar teachers who mistakenly think the same thing. What makes this great is that I sentenced that post that way intentionally, because I knew some smart-butt would see it and try and make me look dumb. So jokes on you.