Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Man, I've been sleeping in far too much lately. I know it's summer break and all, but I'm thinking I could seriously use an alarm clock in here regardless because... just, there is something so uncomfortable about waking up at 12 in the afternoon.

An then you'll start feeling weird waking up at 2 in the afternoon.

Edit: eh, you can figure out who I was replying to.

When i hear people talk about Mass Effect i keep thinking about this:

mass.jpg

And this:

drunk-man-in-urinal.jpg

Because that's a Maß and this is it's effect. This would be a really bad joke, but i can't shake that.

Same here, and when I try to stay up the whole day to sleep when I'm suppose to I always fail :(

Like Koco said, it feels so wrong and uncomfortable to be waking up past noon ugh

Unless you need to be up before then, I don't see why you should feel bad about getting that sleep if you really need it.

Also instead of trying to fix your sleep schedule overnight, try slowly pushing the time you go to sleep back an hour or so until its as close as possible to normalcy. Like if you notice you only go to bed at 3am, try aiming to be asleep by 2.

Edit: This thing can help you calculate what time you should go to bed if you wanna wake up by a certain time. Takes into account how long it takes to fall asleep and such

Same here, and when I try to stay up the whole day to sleep when I'm suppose to I always fail :(

Like Koco said, it feels so wrong and uncomfortable to be waking up past noon ugh

TBH, I feel kind of guilty when it happens because I keep thinking I could've used that time for something productive/I wasted the precious daylight, etc.

For example, I'm eating supper right now and it feels like it should be 1:30, not 6:30. It's like the day's been stolen from me.

WORST FEELING EVER. I really just need to get in bed sooner at nighttime so this doesn't happen anymore. But I'm such a night-owl so it's difficult for me.

I personally also have had trouble with keeping a normal sleep pattern( there was a period where I was waking up between 4-7 pm for the day), and for me, incremental changes always ended up failing. I really needed that big push of staying up until a normal sleep time and going to bed then. You just have to be careful that you don't get a second wind.

sSCok.gif

Make a gif of my signature smiley, make it raise its eyebrows or something >:(

Animated smileys! Pretty. :ohh: I can understand all the messed-up sleep schedules (it is summer, after all). I tend to doze late into the morning until I can't stand my own breath anymore. Unfortunately, instead of sleeping, I get to wake up bright and early at 6 AM and go to summer Health class on a bus that could pass for Thorney Towers, it's messed up so bad. The only really good thing that's come out of it so far is plenty of great Raz sketches from when I'm bored and new ideas for original characters. But I digress.

I've never really been a car person, and don't enjoy driving (not that I dislike it either), but driving a stick-shift tractor is fun. Especially low-riding ones, the one I drove today was basically a dune-buggy with a hay raker on it.

If anyone wants to play L4D2 on steam, I will be online. Be aware that I really suck and don't really know what I'm doing (in the game or using steam). My gamertag is shagggadellic.