Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

From a german Newspaper:

"World of Warcraft is a first person shooter, that means, the player does not follow a virtual fighter through the computer generated scenario, but he is it himself. Everything happens as if he is part and motor of the action. The heavily armed Player-Fighter walks through computer-simulated cities (such as Hamburg, Berlin, London). The simulation is extremely realistic, the developers advertise "deceptively real" environments. With the push of a key or button on a joystick, and the enemy at the "Alex am Jungfernsteg"* gets torn apart by a hand grenade. Blood splatters across the players field of vision"

I've tried to keep the translation as close to the source as possible, and as much as i'm amused by expressions such as "Player-Fighter" and them thinking we use joysticks, this is rather sad, considering that this articles is less than 2 months old. Games aren't even considered art from a legal standpoint round here.

*=It's a restuarant in Hamburg, and no, i don't know why either.

I would point out everything that this article got wrong about WoW right here, but I think that would take up too much space.

Well, i'll point out everything they got wrong about games in general: Everything!

So like

(U 3 U)/ ~<3

I blow everyone a kiss. . .

Heavy petting fine too?

Crow:

I fear that's also the way many politicians see games.

So like

(U 3 U)/ ~<3

I blow everyone a kiss. . .

Heavy petting fine too?

Crow:

I fear that's also the way many politicians see games.

Sure I'll pet you

VERY, VERY HEAVY LIKE!

I had a tiny parrot hop onto my finger today at the pet store. And all I wanted was to pet it a little bit. A+, little parrot.

So, we made a trip to Whole Foods market and I was finally able to get a new box of Chocolate Puerh tea.

I could not be happier right now.

Chocolate_Pu-erh_Box-500x500.jpg

Reading about Synesthesia. I'm kind of jealous of the people who have these experiences. I'd love to know what Sound -> Color Synesthesia looks like.

A girl in my psychology class had that. I thought it was so fascinating. Imagine creating music with that ability/experience/whatever you want to refer to it as.

Look what i shot today.

bullackernei-2.jpg

Damn how close were they and/or how good is the zoom on your camera?

You can see the photobucket picture? I changed it because i can't, which is odd. Well, maybe 50-100 meters at closest. They hovered around just outside the garden, they must have been looking for something or someone. This was rather unusual, but we sometimes have helicopters land around here, there are grass planes just outside the garden and across the road, sometimes emergencies are just picked up by helicopters there, but it became more rare these days.

Edit: Was a 500mm lens btw - handheld! Thankfully there was enough light.

5026597_f7c6_1024x2000.jpg

Just a little to the right are the planes, but it's also used for horses as you can see. Sorry for the water mark, i'm having trouble with photobucket as i mentioned.

I think pokemon are named after what they can say, cause think about it. They can't learn to say their name!

What about meowth though?

Meowth learned human speech in order to impress a female Meowth named Meowzie. (It didn't work.) It's been shown that Pokemon are capable of human speech (a Slowking has also done it in the anime), but that it's very difficult to do.

...I think my nerdiness just increased a level.