Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

I hate Tosh so much. >8^(

Gotta love the Onion though. This doesn't even read like their usual jokes, it's sarcastic as all get out but it feels more like an example of exactly what is wrong with Daniel Tosh's and so many other comedian's mindsets. They completely fail to consider what it's like for a person in that situation. This is a stinging rebuke written with snark.

The Onion is like the spawn of Colbert and Jonathan Swift. I love it so.

What's going on peeps? Any goings-on's I should be aware of?

Btw- it's Friday the 13th today which means absolutely nothing really. Just don't fall off a ladder while holding a drill or anything.

Almost. Except for that day on which you must pay homage to the Monster by mimicking her most well known battle with a knight on a ladder holding a drill. Or else.

i think i just got the equivalent of "I'm not even going to ban you, hot, I'm just disappointed."

somehow feels worse than actually getting banned.

Honestly, I would feel worse if I was the guy that emailed Justin about it. Are we really a community that goes straight for the mods now? Remember when there weren't any mods. I kinda miss that now.

That... WE'VE ALL DONE STUFF LIKE THIS! Who reported hot? This thread is harmless. Why aren't the actual jerks on this forum getting any heat when they say crap like this:

Woman are here to pleasure men; that is their only purpose. They should have no rights, they shouldn't drive or have jobs. Just cook, clean, and have children.
source

HEY WHOEVER EMAILED JUSTIN NEXT TIME COULD YOU PLEASE PM ME FIRST

I KNOW I GO TOO FAR SOMETIMES BUT I ALWAYS FIX IT IF SOMEONE POINTS IT OUT TO ME

It wasn't a user, I got an email from one of the dudes that work here.

And I am disappointed in you. You're funnier than that.

That... WE'VE ALL DONE STUFF LIKE THIS! Who reported hot? This thread is harmless. Why aren't the actual jerks on this forum getting any heat when they say crap like this:
Woman are here to pleasure men; that is their only purpose. They should have no rights, they shouldn't drive or have jobs. Just cook, clean, and have children.
source

Sorry, haven't been on the forums as much these days since Chris is main moderator now. That person's taken care of.

i changed the title of that thread to "you're a disgusting gross pig and nobody loves you" and somebody didn't like it.

we should operate on elementary school rules i.e. if something bothers you ask the person who's doing it to stop. if they laugh at you and continue doing it, tattle away. though i can't really blame them for tattling first. on the internet anyone can be a big anonymous douche and it can be a lot less hassle to just let the mod deal with it. that's the way a lot of forums do it. i don't think i'm a douche and i think i would be reasonable if they PMed me but it's not anyone's responsibility to gauge my character if i'm being offensive.

i changed the title of that thread to "you're a disgusting gross pig and nobody loves you" and somebody didn't like it.

we should operate on elementary school rules i.e. if something bothers you ask the person who's doing it to stop. if they laugh at you and continue doing it, tattle away. though i can't really blame them for tattling first. on the internet anyone can be a big anonymous douche and it can be a lot less hassle to just let the mod deal with it. that's the way a lot of forums do it. i don't think i'm a douche and i think i would be reasonable if they PMed me but it's not anyone's responsibility to gauge my character if i'm being offensive.

I have a better idea. Next time I get an email from someone at DF going "Why is the off topic forum insane looking again?" or someone is so gregariously messed up that I notice, there will be a punishment game played by the offender.

Which will basically be me thinking of something silly but redeeming to make you do under threat of banning.

Note: Being intentionally dumb to try and trigger this will end badly for you. No not just hot, you as in everyone.

I have a better idea. Next time I get an email from someone at DF going "Why is the off topic forum insane looking again?" or someone is so gregariously messed up that I notice, there will be a punishment game played by the offender.

Which will basically be me thinking of something silly but redeeming to make you do under threat of banning.

Note: Being intentionally dumb to try and trigger this will end badly for you. No not just hot, you as in everyone.

i think you mean 'egregiously' instead of 'gregariously' but um i'll just shut up now

i think we should just do a hard topic change here and talk about nice non-offensive things. that way Justin can get back to doing what he does best (making video games). ok? go!

so how about those summer olympics? anyone else excited? i used to do the high jump back in high school and i was kind of good at it at a school level. i got a 3rd place medal. there were only 3 competitors but i was still pretty proud, you know.

Maybe we should make this forum invisible to guests. Don't want to get DF into trouble one day, since - if we are honest here, this is a pretty darn liberal forum looking at the level of strange (though mostly friendly) that occasionally occurs here. Well, getting burned is never nice, though i'm afraid sometimes it just happens i guess. :/

People who are smarter than me, which programming language should a complete dunce with only a tentative grasp on mathematics start with if he wants to make a simple game?

try python and http://www.pygame.org/. this looks like a nice tutorial you can try: http://programarcadegames.com

if that's too much then http://scratch.mit.edu/ is a cool little thing you can mess around with

you don't really have to deal with any difficult math until you start doing 3d