Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Oh dont worry... NEW PAGE

We need to get in the habit of resizing over-large images though.

They weren't even that big, and part of it was because me and charlie quoted them

If they stretch the forum out they're too big. Plain and simple.

Oh dont worry... NEW PAGE

We need to get in the habit of resizing over-large images though.

They weren't even that big, and part of it was because me and charlie quoted them

If they stretch the forum out they're too big. Plain and simple.

Yeeeah, dA is getting overpopulated with tweens and teens who think they've got it all figured out enough to make crazy statements like that.

I'm planning on moving to tumblr for art posting. All the people who I went to dA for in the first place have moved there anyway

Edit: Also if the image suffers from being resized, like screencapped text, just link to the image, people. We've done it before, we can do it again

Yeeeah, dA is getting overpopulated with tweens and teens who think they've got it all figured out enough to make crazy statements like that.

I'm planning on moving to tumblr for art posting. All the people who I went to dA for in the first place have moved there anyway

Edit: Also if the image suffers from being resized, like screencapped text, just link to the image, people. We've done it before, we can do it again

Yet more proof that the tumblrverse is slowly but surely consuming every kind of user created content available. Tumblr just needs it's own video host and than it can begin dismantling Youtube.

EDIT: Quoting the text and then citing the source with a link is also a good alternative. You get to show off the text right there on the thread while verifying for the skeptics that you aren't making this stuff up.

EDIT 2: So I went looking out of curiosity and MintyMaguire, the user that made that post, is female, from the UK and based on the timestamp from the comment as listed on Google (the actual page on dA has been taken down) was 15 when she made that comment. I sincerely hope that in the four years since she's had a change of heart/grown a damn mind.

Yet more proof that the tumblrverse is slowly but surely consuming every kind of user created content available. Tumblr just needs it's own video host and than it can begin dismantling Youtube.

EDIT: Quoting the text and then citing the source with a link is also a good alternative. You get to show off the text right there on the thread while verifying for the skeptics that you aren't making this stuff up.

EDIT 2: So I went looking out of curiosity and MintyMaguire, the user that made that post, is female, from the UK and based on the timestamp from the comment as listed on Google (the actual page on dA has been taken down) was 15 when she made that comment. I sincerely hope that in the four years since she's had a change of heart/grown a damn mind.

I'm a tween, and while i admit that i'm strange, i'm not that strange. I used to be on dA myself, and i even was a paying member but i quit mainly because of gloomy black/while cellphone+mirror shots of penises, and stolen content like demotivationals.

I'm a tween, and while i admit that i'm strange, i'm not that strange. I used to be on dA myself, and i even was a paying member but i quit mainly because of gloomy black/while cellphone+mirror shots of penises, and stolen content like demotivationals.

As far as i understand it, a tween is a person in his/her 20's

As far as i understand it, a tween is a person in his/her 20's

In Germany it is. And I understand you're in Germany, so you would be correct.

But the sense I'm referring to has the same meaning as pre-teen, so something like 8-12 yr olds.

Edit: Wait, no. You're Steam profile says you're in Sweden. But I remember somewhere you said you were in Germany? Okay point is tween can also mean a person in their 20s but outside of Europe it mostly means pre-teens

In Germany it is. And I understand you're in Germany, so you would be correct.

But the sense I'm referring to has the same meaning as pre-teen, so something like 8-12 yr olds.

Edit: Wait, no. You're Steam profile says you're in Sweden. But I remember somewhere you said you were in Germany? Okay point is tween can also mean a person in their 20s but outside of Europe it mostly means pre-teens

On rare occasions i've heard that word loosely tossed around, though i figured that's what it means. Calling a 8-12 year old a "tween" doesn't make a lot of sense to me to be honest. I figured it's some kind of silly mash of teen and twenty, either describing people in their twenties (for which no other one-word description comes to mind), or tying teens and people in their twenties together into one group. I find pre-teen is quite a good word to describe that 8-12 age-group, no idea why people want that changed.

English language, y u no make sense! I guess learning is a process after all.

On rare occasions i've heard that word loosely tossed around, though i figured that's what it means. Calling a 8-12 year old a "tween" doesn't make a lot of sense to me to be honest. I figured it's some kind of silly mash of teen and twenty, either describing people in their twenties (for which no other one-word description comes to mind), or tying teens and people in their twenties together into one group. I find pre-teen is quite a good word to describe that 8-12 age-group, no idea why people want that changed.

English language, y u no make sense! I guess learning is a process after all.

The English language used to make some sense. And then there was slang...

Being a teen, I can sometimes be really disgusted and confused by how my age group acts. *sigh* Maybe it's just the hormones.

The English language used to make some sense. And then there was slang...

Being a teen, I can sometimes be really disgusted and confused by how my age group acts. *sigh* Maybe it's just the hormones.

I guess slang can explain everything. But trust me, when they are in their mid 20's it will go away, and most of them will deeply regret their teen years, like i did.

Gotta love language.

3275687239_c021acdafa_z.jpg

I guess slang can explain everything. But trust me, when they are in their mid 20's it will go away, and most of them will deeply regret their teen years, like i did.

Gotta love language.

3275687239_c021acdafa_z.jpg