Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

Holy freakin' biscuits, my hot glue gun literally just spat fire at me. I am feeling ridiculously grateful I wasn't too close. xD

Looks like I'll need to buy a new one now-- I knew something was wrong with that thing... o_o

what were you making

A collar piece for a costume I'm doing. : ) Most of it requires sewing, but there are a few parts that are much easier to use glue on.

I just made a damned epic hidden blade from assassin's creed out of paper and cardboard.

Good news everyone! Trading used games may some day come to Steam. I'm referring to a judgment that may force this onto platforms like Steam, though there seem to be some contradictions that have to get worked out, but it's a step into the right direction. *fingers crossed*

I'm not sure how "used games" might apply to downloadable games like Steam has. If they implement it like I think they might, it could mean devs and publishers pulling their games from digital distributors to have more control over their products.

But I could get behind something like transferring the ownership of already-redeemed games.

Well, i imagine games being tradeable, like they are already if you purchase them as gifts, but i do not see why devs would pull their games from Steam, if it would become law that digital items must be "resellable", then everyone would have to do that - even EA with their Origin, Apple and their Appstore, etc. Ofcourse it would in some way impact sales in a negative way, but it always been like that till Steam rocked up, and it's pretty much still the same with titles for consoles. But nothing is set in stone, when and how is completely unclear, maybe there would be fixed prices, or the dev and Steam take like 1c for ever 1$ trade value. But so far nothing is set in stone, i just read that there was a judgment concerning that in germany, but it certainly is a interesting thing that's going on.

That's a ruling made in Germany. It's not international law, Valve is a US company and not affected by this ruling.

If steam sells games in those places then this does affect them.

That's a ruling made in Germany. It's not international law, Valve is a US company and not affected by this ruling.

How? Are they going to be forced to alter their service in one country to allow German users to resell their games? I don't see how that logistically makes sense.

How? Are they going to be forced to alter their service in one country to allow German users to resell their games? I don't see how that logistically makes sense.

Yes, or they won't be allow to sell games in that country.

It doesn't matter if it logistically makes sense. They have to abide by the laws in said country in order to sell things there, otherwise they just won't sell them in Germany at all.

Doubt it with the EU and all, if it's becoming reality it may spill.

I had a dream where I met Bill Gates and got his autograph.

That's funny, i had a dream recently that i was hanging out with the guy, on a porch of a forest retreat a with a glass of fine liquor - NAKED. And no i'm not kidding. Bill Gates seems like a fun guy to have a chat with actually.

And he can do that:

I once dreamt I was Tom Hanks, trying to rape people

Bill Gates doesn't like Belgian software

iK6SS8CXYZo

The Gates are actually really, really kind people. Bill is getting vaccines for deadly childhood diseases in countries that lack the infrastructure to make or distribute them, and Miranda is trying to do the same with women's reproductive health.

They really are good people ^-^

...But I dont understand why I dreamed him and got his autograph :o

What could this mean?

why couldn't it have been shakira or rihanna >_> scumbag brain

I still remember, when Bill gets shot in the South Park Movie

"Windows 98 IS FASTER!"