Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Mayhem

Everybody get random!

If time had a direction, would our world map look upside-down?

If it didn't, then what does "back in time" or "Back then" or "The time when" mean?

:o

I've been eating Hood icecream for a few days and I have to say I've never had a brand of icecream that was so significantly and noticeably sub-par. It taste's like that dehydrated icecream. There's a spot on the box that says "New England's Icecream for 100 Years", there's no superlative where you would expect one. It's disgusting anyways. Breyers is way better.

I've been dumping chocolate syrup on it to mask the flavor, also using it in milkshakes. Wasting icecream would just be unforgivable, even if it is hood.

guys guys i just had a thought

what if

people are scared away from off-topic because they always see this "Everybody get random!" thread and think to themselves that it sounds dumb???????

egr needs a new name. i propose

"Cool sexy reasonable thread for professional networking and intimate conversation with people just like you! Presented by Cheetos"

I disagree, chocolate chip cookie dough is a very good flavor but I prefer phish food.

I think you're onto something with changing something about egr to make it more appealing to other people. But rather than telling people directly that it appeals to them I think it would be better to use psychology. We could somehow infer in the title a level of exclusivity that would draw people's attention, and then when they click on the thread create a sort of virtual waiting line. Like something that says "there are way too many people browsing this thread right now because it's so popular, you have to wait a minute, if you refresh your window you will lose your place in line". And then just make people wait a minute before they can get into the thread. Kind of like how clubs always make people wait in line to make it seem exclusive even if it's really trashy and sucks.

Also more cat pix and titties. Everyone on the internet likes cats and titties.

lucky_cat.jpg

I enjoy some titties, but that girl looks like she's 13.

I like the Sponsored by Cheetos idea. Maybe if we could get an official sponsor for Off Topic, we could raise awareness. But mostly I just want free Cheetos.

So could veteran members be like those guys at the club who are like regulars, know the owner and stuff? the kinda guy that the bouncers will greet excitedly, give a fist bump, then let in automatically?

Cause that'd be cool.

The Pebble watch is a real product now, the first people received it. Another Kickstarter success. <3

I just won the Slacker Backer giveaway! LET'S PAAAAAARTY!!!!

Welcome to the club, mate. :)

Are we looking at the same picture? O_o

Good to know that it's not only me. xD

Are we looking at the same picture? O_o

Good to know that it's not only me. xD

Yeah. She looks < 14. o-o

I disagree, chocolate chip cookie dough is a very good flavor but I prefer phish food.

I think you're onto something with changing something about egr to make it more appealing to other people. But rather than telling people directly that it appeals to them I think it would be better to use psychology. We could somehow infer in the title a level of exclusivity that would draw people's attention, and then when they click on the thread create a sort of virtual waiting line. Like something that says "there are way too many people browsing this thread right now because it's so popular, you have to wait a minute, if you refresh your window you will lose your place in line". And then just make people wait a minute before they can get into the thread. Kind of like how clubs always make people wait in line to make it seem exclusive even if it's really trashy and sucks.

Also more cat pix and titties. Everyone on the internet likes cats and titties.

lucky_cat.jpg

That cat sure seems to love titties.

Seriously? I don't see it. She looks 16+ to me.

I get the feeling that Fed is joking actually.

Seriously? I don't see it. She looks 16+ to me.

I get the feeling that Fed is joking actually.

Spoilsport 8^P

I have Grad-student lab instructors that look that young.

Alright guys avocado awareness is at an all-time low. We've got to come up with some interesting angles to let people know that Hass avocados are the very definition of smooth an creamy.

Smooth and creamy you say?

Yes, Robert smooth and creamy. And on top of that they are versatile and easy to use.

c7YWHSAgbEw

I was just looking at a list of the richest people in the world and some Italian gentleman made 23 billion dollars on chocolate.

If I ever become rich I'm going invest lots of money in pearl farming.

There's someone else that made 12 billion from beer.

Whenever I look at lists of rich people and what they make money I can't help but think that they're just scratching the surface. A friend of mine with family in Abu Dhabi was telling me about how the richest people there never report their actual wealth (or pay taxes on it) but there are rumors that the richest people are worth upwards of 2 trillion, which I totally believe. I also have to think that the South-American drug lords make more money that the people who make money legally. I read that the FDA once seized 21.4 tons of cocaine in a warehouse in San Francisco. Considering that whoever owned that probably keeps his head stash and profits in Columbia somewhere I have to believe that they're making more money than a lot of the people that are considered the richest. And they don't pay taxes or give any profits to shareholders.

Also dragons, I don't see anybody trying to estimate the value of any dragon's stash.