Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spliter

Sluggish mouse WinXP

Hello!

I've tried on several resolutions and with several mouse speed configurations in control panel but all of them result in the same overall mouse speed which is rather sluggish.

Not a huge bug but a mouse speed slider would be nice.

I'm experiencing the same problem. As soon as I opened the game, I could feel the cursor resisting movement. I have to keep lifting the mouse up, put it back down at the other end of the mouse pad, and continue moving from there just to get all the way around the screen.

I really don't have any interest in even trying to play the game if I have to fight with the controls. I gave up on The Cave after about an hour since the controls for it were so busted (basically the mouse controls never worked properly, and the keyboard controls randomly had no response), but I don't want to give up on giving Broken Age a chance.

I'm using a standard PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

Hi folks. Out of curiosity, does mouse movement improve if you lower the game resolution or downsize the window?

Your system specs will also help if you can post those.

I have got a sluggish mouse too.

It feels like its coming from Vsync which you can't deactivate unfortunately.

Hi folks. Out of curiosity, does mouse movement improve if you lower the game resolution or downsize the window?

Your system specs will also help if you can post those.

For me, it looks like this is a problem at any resolution in full screen mode. I tried 640x480 up to 1920x1200 in windowed and full screen modes, and the cursor always moves at the same slow speed in full screen mode. In windowed mode, the cursor is moving at or near normal speed, although it seems slightly laggy.

System specs:

Windows XP SP3

GeForce 8500 GT

4GB DDR2

Athlon II x4 645

Sign in to follow this