Sign in to follow this  
onkelosuppo

Touchscreen only in Window Mode

Finally it's there. :) Congratulations DoubleFine! I am really anxious. However I wont play it for three days as my friends want to join to watch and there is no real time during the week.

And yet first thing I do is complaining in the forum. Sorry, I just have to.

I installed Broken Age on my Win8 Tablet. Unfortunately it is not possible to play the game in fullscreen as the cursor doesn't respond the way it's supposed to. It feels like the game is upscaled, but the coordinates of the touch and pen digitizer do not match the resolution. So the mouse is always on the wrong spot.

I know it's supposed to be a "classic p 'n c adventure", but that doesnt mean it can't run on modern devices, right? It will run on an iPad later this year, so why leaving Win8 touch out?

I can reproduce this on my Surface Pro 2. Doesn't seem to matter what resolution I choose. Windowed works fine.

Same here - Acer aspire V5-122p. Touchpad works fine in either, touchscreen only in windowed mode. windows 8.

If I move my finger on the screen very slowly, in fullscreen mode, the cursor jumps through 22 places horizontally or 8 positions vertically .

The movement is relative to where I first put my finger on my screen, not the screen itself.

Hey guys. Touchscreen isn't officially supported quite yet, but we are working on it. You can always maximize the window to get an almost fullscreen experience. :-)

I can confirm the same issue on Windows 8 laptop. I can maximize the windowed screen, but that loses some of the immersion. I hope that you get touchscreens working soon as I think those will work great with this game. Much better "feeling" when you're touching the item directly.

Hey guys. Touchscreen isn't officially supported quite yet, but we are working on it. You can always maximize the window to get an almost fullscreen experience. :-)

Hey Oliver thanks for the reply. I didnt even notice that the window size isnt fixed. Semi fullscreen will work for now. ;)

@charlesv: thanks for the link. I might give that a try. :)

For me, the borderless windowed fullscreen is ALMOST right, but it's definitely off by a small but significant amount, making it annoying trying to "hit" the right small object. I've chosen the wrong conversation option quite a few times.

Actually, when maximizing it, it is still a bit off. I found that to get precise touch controls, I need to resize the window to a size so that the game fills it completely, i.e. no black borders anywhere. Then the touches hit exactly where they are supposed to.

(I have not tried the borderless window linked above yet.)

Touchscreen is working ok on my laptop in the maximized screen, however when you get to the jerk bird that throws your ladder off under the hatchery and try to return to M'ggie you can't get the down arrow to come up unless you reduce the window, or at least I couldn't.

Sign in to follow this