• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
chewzilla

[Mac] Game will not run on second monitor in full-screen mode

CPU: 2.0Ghz Intel Core i7

RAM: 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB

Broken Age Build: 0.9.668743

Problem Description: If I launch the game either through the Steam or the .app file, it launches on the primary monitor in Windowed mode. On the game's options screen, the max resolution is 1440x900 (my MacBook Pro's built-in native resolution). My secondary monitor is a 24" Samsung S24C450 display with a max resolution of 1920x1200. If I toggle Full-Screen, it goes to full screen but will launch on the built-in monitor instead of the larger one.

That's normal for OSX 10.8 and before - you can *only* run any app full screen on the primary monitor, it's an OS limitation that DF can't do anything about.

Workarounds:

You can set the primary monitor in System Prefs, Desktop, by dragging the little windows' menubar across to the other one.

Or you can run a fullscreen app on any screen by updating to OSX 10.9 Mavericks.

Thanks for posting the workarounds, I'm familiar with those, but posting them might help others who aren't. :-)

Sign in to follow this