Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FlamingFirewire

Text Off-Screen

Hm, I can't reproduce this. Do you recall your actions leading up to this? And does occur every time you click the sign?

Didn't happen to me at this exact same point, but during my playthrough this happened around 5 times and once two character were giving me same line at the same time and the textlines were drawn almost on top of each other. Can't give any tips how to reproduce this.

Just happened to me too, once, when talking to Marek at start of Prima Doom mission and saying "So, that's a wolf suit? What are you ... underneath?"

Happened to have made a manual save just before it, so when this happened I retried a few times and it is 100% reproducible.

I just sent you the save game and dxdiag files over email to support@doublefine.com with the subject "Broken Age: Text Off-Screen [Thread 11773]". Also attached screenshot, the text is roughly in the same position every time but seems to be slightly differently off screen every time, sometimes you can read "So", sometimes you see the leftmost edge of the "S".

From the save game just walk straight to Marek and say:

"So, how long have you been living down here?"

"Are you... really a wolf?"

"So, that's a wolf suit? What are you ... underneath?"

It might be relevant that this is a dual-screen system with the game on fullscreen at 1920x1080 on one of the screens. and the other one is 2560x1440.

2014-01-15_00002.jpg

2014-01-15_00002.jpg.dc6f2544789d78e8c16

I can confirm that I am having the same issue as lietu on that specific text response. I am using OS X with the game running in windowed mode. Not sure I'm comfortable just posting my System Report on here, but can PM and/or email it if necessary.

Had one text off screen issue as well, while talking to that Threadweaver guy. I happened on such a small line of text that I wasn't able to get a screenshot of it. Restarting that part from a previous save didn't reproduce the glitch.

Same problem here with the Airlock text (and some others)

Saw this in windowed mode...

Screen resolution is 1440x900, canvas size is approx 1404×856 when windowed.

Mac OSX 10.9.1

Macbook Air (mid 2012)

Intel Core i5 1.8Ghz, 8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Hm, I can't reproduce this. Do you recall your actions leading up to this? And does occur every time you click the sign?

Every single time I clicked it, it gave me the same error, but I haven't tried leaving the area and coming back, and I didn't make a save there, so I'll try going back later and I'll give you an update then.

Found another scene where this occurs. When you speak to the Space Weaver. If you select the option 'Forget it. If we can't go to Prima Doom, I don't want to go anywhere', the subtitles show up in the middle, but when the camera changes, it displays off screen. Save file attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz0hdr3xg2lw7xt/slot_3.sav

Mac OSX 10.9.1

Macbook Retina 15"

Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz, 8GB RAM

Geforce GT 650M

Found another scene where this occurs. When you speak to the Space Weaver. If you select the option 'Forget it. If we can't go to Prima Doom, I don't want to go anywhere', the subtitles show up in the middle, but when the camera changes, it displays off screen. Save file attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz0hdr3xg2lw7xt/slot_3.sav

This is the one I was talking about. Couldn't get it to happen a second time.

This is the one I was talking about. Couldn't get it to happen a second time.

I had the same issue - it appears to cut off half of the text when it zooms in and the weaver replies "Please don't be angry young sir.."

Once it zooms out, you can see the whole text of the response.

HP laptop:

DV7-2185DX

64-bit Vista SP2

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9000

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Fullscreen 1600x1900

Same as OP.

Resolution: Full screen 1366x768

Also, if Shay reads the text twice or more, he doesn't look at it. He maybe has good memory, but it's a bit odd.

2014-01-17_00001.jpg

2014-01-17_00001.jpg.a94104bfde6dfdf8df9

Sign in to follow this