Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DFBHDTS

My backer link for Broken Age hasn't arrived

I was one of the first of many to back this with the standard $15 pledge years ago when Broken Age was pitched on kickstarter. I have been getting all the backer information on Kickstarter and watching the videos on the run up to release. However I have not had my humblebundle link emailed to me at all so I am yet to play the game!!! So annoyed! Can anyone help me out or bump this so Double fine will see? I am not sure what to do.

I tried finding the backer forum on here but it won't let me log-in to the private forums! Arghhh!!

Mine hasn't either and I backed $100 lol. I guess we'll just have to wait..

Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Time will tell I guess!

Same here. I guess they are not sending the email to everyone so that Steam and Humble Bundle don't get overloaded, a lot of people backed this game.

Same here. I guess they are not sending the email to everyone so that Steam and Humble Bundle don't get overloaded, a lot of people backed this game.

That's what I figure. It'll be worth the wait. [: You guys let me know if you get it!

It looks like I backed DFA with an email that no longer exists (it belonged to a website I used to own). Is there any way to get my key sent to a new email address now that I've changed mine?

[del]Mine hasn't arrived either, hope this gets worked out![/del]

EDIT: I went to my humble bundle profile and found the link under "Claim Past Purchases"!

It looks like I backed DFA with an email that no longer exists (it belonged to a website I used to own). Is there any way to get my key sent to a new email address now that I've changed mine?

If you email Humble Support with that old email address, they should be able to reassign your page to your current email address. That's what I had to do.

I didn't get a key either. Also the key resender and the claim on humblebundle doesn't work. I'm quite sure that I'm still using the same mail address when I backed this project. Furthermore I can't access the backer section of this forum altough I use the corresponding mail address.

Hi all,

I have mine! Turns out the email wasn't updated on their side as I've been getting emails from Kickstarter and double fine from one email, but my old email which I must of used originally is what they sent me the link to!

Anyway hope you all enjoy it and congrats Double Fine on some great reviews so far!

Peace and love :)

For those who supported Broken Age through the Humble Double Fine Bundle.

YOU RECEIVED TWO DIFFERENT KEYS FOR BROKEN AGE (confusing, I know). On the page where you claim the steam keys, there are two options: Steam Keys and your Broken Age Slacker Backer keys. The latter is the code you need to access the private BA forums here, on DoubleFine. If you are not sure, check: do you see a little box that links you directly to the forum registration? If so, this is the key I'm referring to. This is not the code to redeem the game.

TO PLAY THE GAME, click on the "Steam Keys" options to see the keys you can redeem (Broken Age should there, probably near the bottom). Clicking on the little steam icon gives you the necessary key. Copy that sequence. After that, go to your steam account and head to your library. The bottom left has "+Add a Game…" button. Click that, and choose "Activate a steam product." Follow the instructions, and you'll reach "Enter product code." That is where you paste (or type, whichever you prefer) the necessary code, the steam-specific code. Continue with the set-up, choose your options, and you should be able to download the game to your steam library and start playing.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Be sure to check your spam folder. For some reason, the e-mail from Double Fine welcoming me as a Broken Age backer went there. Since it lets you know some of the cool stuff you have access to, it might be somewhat important.

I haven't gotten my link either.

I didn't have a Humble Bundle account prior to yesterday, so I wonder if that's the issue (and if it is, I wonder why someone assumed the 80K+ backers would have Humble accounts).

I also can't access the Double Fine backer forum, as it rejects the email address I used to back the game on Kickstarter. Does anyone who can access that forum have any advice?

Not sure if every one is already aware of this, but there are (at least) two ways to have supported Broken Age; through the original Kickstarter, or later through the Humble Double Fine Bundle. I don't know if Kickstarter supporters are required to have a Humble Bundle account (you might need a Steam account, not sure). My previous post was for those specifically having trouble with the Humble Bundle, since the set-up seems confusing and took some time to figure out the issues.

Perhaps someone else figured out a way to resolve the Kickstarter issues.

slacker backer here, didn't get link. tried humble resend thing, nothing, tried support e-mail, nothing.

Hello,

sorry, but my key didn't arrive, too.

Have changed my E-Mail to the old one but couldn't get to the backer Forum.

So my e-mails are:

(totally hidden cause don't want you getting spammed -DFJustin)

Please send the key to one of These. Thank you in advance!

Mark

I mailed DF support, they told me to go to humble support, humble support sent an automated mail saying they're too busy and will get back to me in 2 or 3 days(!).

DF guy on here says there are only 100 slacker backers without a key.

I use yahoo mail and there's nothing in my spam folder.

still waiting...

I was one of the early backers (day 1 i think, before it hit the goal), and I hadnt gotten my key either. No changed emails, just no key, and not listed on the Humble Bundle site.

But using the Resend humble link provided earlier fixed it, i got my game, and could then use the "reclaim my game" link to add it to my list of Humble Bundle games.

No clue what went wrong, since i use the same email for kickstarter, humble bundle, and double fine, but can see lots of complaning people on the kickstarter page.

got a mail from humble asking for PayPal authorisation number for the transaction, I sent them my slacker backer transaction to double fine.

I don't know what's going on. why are humble doing this anyway? jeez, all you gotta do is make an excel sheet with all your backers e-mail addresses, count the rows, request that number of keys from steam, paste to excel, set up a mail-merge and let her rip on release day!

I guess I'm one of the last not to get a key, there are already full reviews up from gamespot, IGN and forums are a minefield for spoilers.

can you guys just pull the finger out and PM me my key please.

I also haven't received my Key, I did have some email changes way back when the T-shirts were sent out. I contacted both Kickstarter and humble bundle emails, Humble Bundle say neither my old email or my new one are registered.

No word back at all from the Kickstarter Support... Who else can we email?

Thanks,

$100 backer :(

Sign in to follow this