Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DVersion

cloud colony background art is low res

Hey not sure if it's a bug or just maybe a filter not loading or something.

The background art for stuff in the cloud colony is super jaggy and blurry when entering conversations. Like distractingly so.

I couldn't stop staring at the fountain while talking to Walt'r and Ch't for example.

Hey not sure if it's a bug or just maybe a filter not loading or something.

The background art for stuff in the cloud colony is super jaggy and blurry when entering conversations. Like distractingly so.

I couldn't stop staring at the fountain while talking to Walt'r and Ch't for example.

Not sure about fountain but it was also partly a joke if you look at it it says it looks really 2D

I also felt certain backgrounds when zoomed in during dialogue close ups looked low res compared to others. Would be nice if the more noticeable ones could be redrawn if there's time!

The zoomed dialogues are supposed to activate a filter that makes the backgrounds look more opaque and with a frame of sorts, so the characters stand out better and the pixelated textures will not be visible.

There's just some conversations where it isn't triggered, which I believe they've already mentioned they're working on fixing.

Well... I played the game on a 2560 x 1600, 30" monitor. I noticed a lot of low res backgrounds :(

The characters looked great most of the game though!

There was another thread about this somewhere but the Cloud Colony art is being reworked. The fountain, for example, has already been updated in my build.

Sign in to follow this