Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bucozar

Flickering subtitles on zoom (in ladder to the Meriloft maidens feast)

When clicking and walking to the ladder to the Meriloft maidens feast area and the camera zooms in, the subtitle text keeps flickering (one word keeps jumping from line to another) while the zoom happends.

After testing it few times, the zoom happened now without fade. Just waits for a while and then instant zoom. Same thing on zoom out when going back to talk with the bird tenders. After visiting another screen the zooms work again.

MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011

Mac OSX 10.8.6

I think this is what you mean:

This only happens to me in fullscreen (1920x1080), not in windowed mode. I'm playing on PC.

I had flickering text as well, but in a different section, when Vella comments on the mailbox: “This guy hasn’t got mail in a while”. The text was flickering. Could be related to zooming while text is presented, as you said.

Playing on full screen on a Late 2011 13" Macbook Pro OS X Mavericks

yeah,

I also posted this bug here.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/11987/

Sys: Linux (Debian flavor)

The text “That’s the ladder to the Meriloft Maidens Feast area” flickers when the camera zooms.

Only resolutions affected (on my system) 1920x1080, 1680x1050.

Likely cause: rounding off error of text-box width when zooming causes changes in line-breaks.

Possible quick fix: increase or decease text-box width by small amount (may induce problem in other resolutions )

pics included

Sign in to follow this