Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lasd

[Minor sound bug] Placeholder voice over in Cloud Colony?

What happened: A placeholder voice over played while talking to M'ggie. "Hey, is there any way off this cloud" or something like that. A completely different voice to Vella's.

What did you do prior to this happening?: I spoke for a while to M'ggie and then took the ladder.

How can it be repeated? Not entirely sure what specific things I said to M'ggie. At least asked about the cult and his dad and then got the ladder. The screenshot has the dialogue options after the strange voice over.

In the Windows version. Don't think my system specs will affect this, but I can provide them if needed.

Hi there, it actually is Masasa's voice. I think a couple of things make it sound different: it was recorded at a later session than the rest of the lines in that scene, and Masasa was feeling a little under the weather during that second session. (This happens fairly frequently -- when listening to a fresh batch of VO, I can tell if an actor is sick or slightly off. Usually the SFX, music, and ambience cover it up.) :)

Ooh, okay. Makes sense, didn't really think of that.

Only this one stuck out to me. So, a job well done blending the lines in.

Thanks for explaining!

Sign in to follow this