Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reima

Cursor jumps when clicking after Alt+Tab in fullscreen mode (minor issue)

Reproduction steps:

1. Run the game in fullscreen mode

2. Alt+Tab to another window

3. Alt+Tab back to Broken Age

4. Press any mouse button

Result:

The cursor jumps to another location and the game reacts as if the click had occured at that location.

Additional information:

* After step 3, the cursor can be moved freely and the game seems to register the location of the cursor correctly (cursor icon changes when hovering over room exit etc.)

* The cursor jumps as soon as you press the button (you don't have to release it first).

* As far as I've seen, the behavior is deterministic in the sense that moving the cursor to a specific location before step 4 always makes it jump to the same location.

* If you repeat the steps 2.-4. over and over again without moving the mouse, you eventually reach a fixed point (the cursor does not jump from that location.) However, moving to one such fixed point manually and clicking will still trigger the jumping.

* The behavior is independent of the chosen fullscreen resolution. I could reproduce it at five different resolutions, including the native resolution of my primary display.

* Changing the Letterbox Mode has no effect.

* The issue also sometimes occurs when changing the fullscreen resolution in-game. There doesn't seem to be a clear pattern when this happens, but it's only in about 2 out of 5 cases.

System information:

Windows 8.1 x64

GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Driver 332.21)

Primary monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW (24", 1920×1200 native resolution)

Secondary monitor: Philips 190B (19", 1280×1024 native resolution)

Mouse: Logitech G500

Sign in to follow this