Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
odan

email address changed since start of kickstarter so no backer beta access code received

Hi, I have lost access to my email address that I initially signed up to kickstarter and doublefine forums, is there anyway I could still get my backer beta access key? otherwise I've lost access to the game, I have changed my email address on the kickstarter account I backed broken age with and I have just changed my email address on my double fine forum account Im posting this message with. So would it be possible to have my beta access key emailed to this address?

Hi, I have lost access to my email address that I initially signed up to kickstarter and doublefine forums, is there anyway I could still get my backer beta access key? otherwise I've lost access to the game, I have changed my email address on the kickstarter account I backed broken age with and I have just changed my email address on my double fine forum account Im posting this message with. So would it be possible to have my beta access key emailed to this address?

Probably best to contact double fine support.

I'm in the same boat. I originally signed up to Kickstarter with a different email (one I no longer have access to) and used the same email here. I have since changed the email with Kickstarter (ages ago) but I forgot to do it here until just now. I had been receiving regular Kickstarter updates at my current email so I thought everything was fine, but I haven't gotten my backer code, so maybe not changing my email was the cause?

Same boat, though I had already updated every email and assumed that would carry through to my actual 'backer account'. I am getting that email reenabled so I can see if my bundle key shows up. So who do I talk to about getting my secret backer email database entry updated?

OK, I got it figured out (for me anyway.) Go to humblebundle.com Sign in or create an account with the email address you had when you backed on Kickstarter. After that's done - go to "my library" and click the plus sign at the top... A drop down will appear - allowing you to redeem Broken Age.

I never received an email either, but this worked for me.

OK, I got it figured out (for me anyway.) Go to humblebundle.com Sign in or create an account with the email address you had when you backed on Kickstarter. After that's done - go to "my library" and click the plus sign at the top... A drop down will appear - allowing you to redeem Broken Age.

when you sign up to humblebundle do you not have to confirm your email address by clicking a link sent to that address in an email? I just tried it, it turns out yes you do need to respond to a confirmation email which means that this method can't work for me as I can't log in to my old email address.

and how do you contact double fine support?

and how do you contact double fine support?

Email support@doublefine.com

I had the same problem. I contacted humble support (http://support.humblebundle.com/) and explained how I lost access to my old email. They promptly associated the game with my new email address and everything worked out just fine. I'd give that a shot if you're still having trouble.

I sent them an email yesterday and I haven't heard a peep from them yet. It seems like they're overwhelmed because of this screw up.

I had the same problem. I contacted humble support (http://support.humblebundle.com/) and explained how I lost access to my old email. They promptly associated the game with my new email address and everything worked out just fine. I'd give that a shot if you're still having trouble.

yeh I sent an email to humble bundle support explaining what had happened and I gave them my old email and my new email which my humble account is under. I haven't heard back from them but I was surprised to hear they resolved it for you, as it could be a scam, someone knows what your old password is and knows you are a backer so whats to stop them going on to humble bundle and pretending to be you and saying your old email is actually their old email address and getting your beta key? glad it sorted out for you though, hope it gets sorted out for me too soon, I'd like to play broken age.

yeh I sent an email to humble bundle support explaining what had happened and I gave them my old email and my new email which my humble account is under. I haven't heard back from them but I was surprised to hear they resolved it for you, as it could be a scam, someone knows what your old password is and knows you are a backer so whats to stop them going on to humble bundle and pretending to be you and saying your old email is actually their old email address and getting your beta key? glad it sorted out for you though, hope it gets sorted out for me too soon, I'd like to play broken age.

I think I just got lucky and got in before the first big wave of issues came in. I'm sure they're just a bit swamped at the moment. Hope your problem gets sorted out soon!

We're all slammed! But we are dealing with them as fast as we can =)

And we have information on Email addresses, names, when payments occurred and other stuff, so if anyone acts fishy we just ask them to verify more information until we feel they are definitely the right person.

As for general things;

A lot of lost codes are either caught in the spam filter, or because people changed email addresses. If you changed email addresses email Humble Support with both and your receipt and they'll fix you up =)

Same boat, so just sent the request to Humble Bundle support. Guess we'll see what happens.

*EDIT* They sent me the code within the hour. Yaay!

Wow!! Thank you, thank you. You are a genius :)

Further update just for your amusement:

Since I have been playing any Steam games I have in "Offline" mode to avoid it updating and screwing up any mods I have installed (Skyrim's SKSE, primarily), I hadn't logged into the Steam client in months. So naturally...

1.) Try to log in, Steam says "hey, you haven't logged in with this computer in a while, click this to verify this is really you." Did that.

2.) Try to log in, Steam says it can't connect to the network. Try this several times, doesn't work. Go to Steam website to log in there.

3.) Check server status, all appears to be fine. Go to the "support" section of the site. Go through everything they mention as possible problems: Go direct from computer to modem, Check firewall ports, try disabling antivirus temporarily, try running Steam.exe with the -tcp and/or -login switches, try renaming the Client(whatever it is, forget the exact name).blob file, seven or eight other suggestions from forum users, yadda yadda yadda...nothing works, same error ("Cannot connect to steam network, something may be wrong with your Internet or the steam servers") every time (except when renaming the Clientblahblah.blog file, when it says "No steam client information" instead).

4.) Finally in frustration, follow yet another forum user suggestion, namely "install the Steam client again and use the 'repair' option" So, I hit the "Install Steam" button, download the installer, run it. Well, it doesn't give me a "repair" option, but DOES start updating the client program...and then makes me verify my email AGAIN.

5.) After all that (total time on this between last night & this morning: three and a half hours), Steam client finally successfully logs in. Now downloading Broken Age. Have to go to work in about 20 minutes so won't be able to actually play it until I get home late this afternoon, but...ah well, whatever. There's certainly far, far worse problems I could have in my life, so I'm not complaining, just sharing what I had to go through in case anyone else finds themselves facing a similar issue.

I've had the same issue since my email provider went down, but I was able to claim the game in my Humble library. The only real problem is that I don't get the e-mail updates, even though I've changed my forum settings.

Sign in to follow this