Sign in to follow this  
Koshiir

Great job with the ending, Tim! *spoilers*

Just finished the game and I have to admit that I did NOT see that plot twist coming. Totally, completely not. Maybe it would have been different if I had played Shay's part first, but daaamn did I NOT expect that.

The last time I sat in front of my PC with my mouth open like this was after the ending of Portal 2.

For me, this is on the same level with the plot twist in KOTOR. Nice work!

I played shay first but still did not see that coming. Where some hints and I was really mistrusting that wolf.

The ending of act 1 had me guessing right up until the end. The way it all came together was great.

I jumped between the two characters a bit, but I completed Vella's side first. I had some suspicions leading up to the ending, but it still took me by surprise.

I agree completely, a great ending which makes you realise what some things through the game actually are. And then there's that person who helps Vella.

Yeah, I had that same "ahhhhhhh" moment.

Great ending, congrats to a very well made game, guys. I can not wait for the 2nd part... but I guess I have to. ;)

:) That's great! Thanks for playing!

Wow, so you all finished all ready? How long did it take you?

3 1/2 hours done. ending was absolutely unexpected in that way. they sure must had to meet in some way... but i really did not expect that.

and i really love games that end with the start :D

but it was way too short.

and

spoiler:

I loved appearing his dad in vellas world. and his ship really looked like the voodoo lady part in monkey island 3. great reference tim 

I'm not entirely sure if my steam is right it's saying 2hours but i took a break after finishing shays which was 1.3 hours and now it says 2 hours i could not of finished vellas in 30 mins but overall the ending and the story itself is very interesting and i love the twist ending for act 2 it is very clever though i kinda guessed some stuff and spoilt it for myself by working it out early :(

around 3-4 hours. the ending was fantastic! all in all i love the heartful atmosphere. really sucked me in.

Loved it *****SPOILERS******* So do you think the girls are actually alive in the cargo bay?

I think they are.

Other questions that I ask myself:

Is it a coincidence that a new Grand Mog appears every 14 years (which could be Shay's age)? Or does the mog/ship care for a boy until he reaches the age of 14 and then starts the "Marek" program to make the boy rescue creatures/abduct girls?

Was the "Overmother" maybe really a sacrificial girl a long time ago and got integrated into a ship/mog? Who's the Father then?

Wow the ending caught me offguard

So who was attacking Shay in the first encounters? Was that really happening? So many questions... Can't wait for the second part

Yeah, I just finished the first act too and that's one hell of a plot twist! I can hardly wait to see where the story goes from here!

According to Steam it took me 4 hours.

4 hours, with a few pauses/alt tabs. About what I was expecting really.

Brilliant ending. I can't wait to see how this is followed up on.

Took me just a bit over 3 hours to finish while doing every optional thing I could think of. It's a really, really short and easy game, at least for people who have played a lot of adventure games. Actually, I'd speculate that this game isn't really targeted at veteran adventure game players, but more at bringing more casual players into the genre.

However, I'll agree with the sentiment that the ending was very well executed. A rare story twist that both surprised me and made perfect sense in retrospect.

Yeah good job, I played Shays section through almost completely first and then switched, yet somehow did not see this coming. I really kicked myself when I realised, it was bugging me for ages wondering how the plot would connect up between these characters.

I would have normally seen this coming a mile off, once you see it you're like OHHHH GOD YES, HOW DID I NOT SPOT THAT?! Anyway it was a really good way to finish out the act, I like that the roles between the characters essentially reversed right at the end and the sides of the screen they're on both flipped around to represent that.

Finished Shay before I got Vella down from Meriloft; honestly, I didn't put two and two together at ALL. I knew that something was up with how little information we got towards what Shay's rescuing was all about, but in that final segment where they swap I was totally thrown off. Anyone have any speculating regarding the 'greater' story of what has really been going on?

I just finished it. Took me around four hours. Excellent job guys!

It took me about 4 hours. The puzzles were a bit easy, but I wasn't expecting difficult puzzles, at least in the first half, because that's what the second half is for! :)

Finished Shay before I got Vella down from Meriloft; honestly, I didn't put two and two together at ALL. I knew that something was up with how little information we got towards what Shay's rescuing was all about, but in that final segment where they swap I was totally thrown off. Anyone have any speculating regarding the 'greater' story of what has really been going on?

Marek (I hope I spelled that right) definitely feels like the character that will tie it all together. Hard to tell if he's villainous just yet, but his motivations are still a mystery and it's difficult to trust him at this point. Still, he may have some "greater good" motivation that won't become clear until later. There's still a lot of questions that I can't even come close to guessing answers for, but I'm really interested in finding out how everything came to be.

I think I had the same expression as Shay and Vella all through that ending. Man. MAAAN.

I got to Shellmound with Vella and then switched to Shay for a chance of pace, overall finding his journey shorter so I ended up reaching the end before I went back to Vella. That may have made it easier to guess the ending. I got the weapon active before I got the bucket, but that puzzle was quite obvious as I had already made the tree barf the first time. It was going back to Shellmound to see what I should do with the bucket, that I suddenly made the connection. Marek had always stopped Shay before he could get the last creature, then I suddenly realized that there was always one creature left behind. Except once, where Shay grabbed them but they got away (just like Vella) and that was the second one (and the Meriloft feast comes first)

I do have a question for someone who completely did Vellas story first. Shays ends with a flash of light shot at him, and then he is unconscious on the ships deck anytime you switch to him. I assume if you do it the other way, it's Vella unconscious on the beach and nothing to do but go back to Shay?

According to Steam, I took four hours, which I am mixed about. It was four amazing hours, with nothing in the puzzled that felt unfair, using logic against us or otherwise manipulative (except maybe the peach thing, since I am so used to be done with old areas since most adventure games are done that way, but I suppose I should have thought of the fall through the strategically placed hole to notice it sooner). Four hours seems kind of short (but I did use the fast travel clicking a lot so there is that) but the second half should be harder.

What I am hoping for in the second half, is Shay and Vella exploring each others worlds (since an overlap of worlds in King's Quest 7 was one of my favourite moments in the old days, gaining a bigger scope by bringing it all together). But, I also hope we get to see plenty of new environments, since the four we got (and sugar bunting was a pretty short one) is only medium sized. (Although Lucasarts usually preferred to go with less places, more density compared to a lot of other adventure games). I am also really looking forward to seeing how Marek fits into all this, and what exactly is going on. And more jokes, I was expecting a comedy with a human drama like most of Schaefer's games, but this was more of a drama with funny moments. Not that that's a bad thing, just really took me by surprise.

All in all, I think this games story and puzzle design would have made it one of the classics if it had released in the nineties.

More than anything else, I hope publishers take notice and start funding mid budget games like this, since none of the other adventure game kickstarters have managed to get a budget like this, so the future for games of this scale still looks to be needing publishers (most of the time).

Yeah, the puzzles were enjoyable (particularly liked the headshrink puzzle) but not too hard, a few stumpers would be welcome in the second half but man I was really impressed. The save file says it took me 3 hours and 40 minutes but I've been playing it for the last 5.5 hours with only about 45 minutes worth of breaks, so I'm not sure how reliable that is. Also, I cheated a bit because I already solved the first part of Vella's bit up to Meriloft, so it didn't take me so long second time around.

I think I had the same expression as Shay and Vella all through that ending. Man. MAAAN.
Were you the one, who a very long time ago speculated that Shay's ship was the monster threatening Vella's village? Or was that someone else? At the time I thought they were just throwing darts at a board, but daaaaaaammmmnnn......

I do have a question for someone who completely did Vellas story first. Shays ends with a flash of light shot at him, and then he is unconscious on the ships deck anytime you switch to him. I assume if you do it the other way, it's Vella unconscious on the beach and nothing to do but go back to Shay?

yup!

my theory on the ending is that shay was the monster in vella's story, and he was capturing people, and maybe alex is shay (or the wolf guy) because of time travel magic

I'm wondering what happens if you go through the teleporters more than 3 times...

yup!

That's what I thought, but I'm still curious... if you finish with Shay, how does it get from the unconscious bit to him climbing out of Mog Chothra? It seemed natural with Vella because she downs it, then falls over, then there's a hole in it and Shay comes out. What happens the other way around?

I loved the way Act 1 ended. Great twist that I didn't see coming. Took me about 4.5 hours. I want to play it though again!

Sign in to follow this