Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AdamR

[Visual glitch] Flickering Marek

During the small cutscene after clicking on the door in Marek's room, while Marek says:

"This is a stealth mission. Not safe to use the hallways, understand?", the character flips to the right for a split second.

Yes, noticed this one too. There is an animation error where one of the frames is mirrored with the face facing right instead of left. This happens when he says. "this is a stealth mission, not safe to use the hallways understand."

It doesn't always happen, and not consistently on the same spot. But it happens usually.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/15/2014, 18:24:12

Machine name: OWNER-PC

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/02/11 14:36:59 Ver: 08.00.15

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM

Page File: 7899MB used, 8475MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

This is happening on my version as well, though the flicker was consistently occurring in two spots: on the word "safe" and right at the end of the statement. The character flipping/flickering seems to sync up with when Marek moves his head on my game.

I saved the game here and changed from full screen/full resolution to windowed mode to see if it still occurred, and I found that the flicker only happened this time when Marek was done speaking the first time I clicked the locked door and then did not occur again after that. Switching back to full screen and loading that save again has the glitchiness missing. (this is happening both on the automatic save and the manual save I created).

I'm running Windows 7 64bit - I can provide any other info if it would be helpful.

This should be fixed in the next full update.

The problem is still there in the last update.

Marek's head is flickering when he reaches the word "safe".

Hi, the full update hasn't quite happened yet but it'll be happening soon before the game's released.

Sign in to follow this