Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sycoraxic98

Shay Boom Arm Question (Spoilers)

So I feel really really dumb right now, but I can't actually find the arm in question for the puzzle, although I feel like I have just about everything I need to solve it. I'm already at Prima Doom, and already have the inhibitor around the core. Any hints?

So I feel really really dumb right now, but I can't actually find the arm in question for the puzzle, although I feel like I have just about everything I need to solve it. I'm already at Prima Doom, and already have the inhibitor around the core. Any hints?

Try going for a space walk. It's likely you have everything you need already and are just thinking about it in the wrong way.

Boom Arm controls are outside the ship, and you already went there at least once ;).

It's wise to look around the ship, and try to get everything that might be useful...

Apparently I'm blind and can't find the actual controls for it. Hmmm...are there any other vague-ish hints that might steer me?

Move left upish

Controls are outside, as Marek tells you.

You need to go out. You initially are inside a space suit, connected to the ship.

You need to get loose, somehow...

You need to get to the controls. Just jumping isn't enough, so you'll need something else. Think like an astronaut. :D

When you get there, it won't be easy to reach the controls (remember, you're inside a space suit).

Also, if the controls are outside, you can't control the arm from inside the ship, you'll need some way to do that too.

Everything you need is inside the ship, of course.

Hope it helps.

You need to go out. You initially are inside a space suit, connected to the ship.

You need to get to the controls. Just jumping isn't enough, so you'll need something else. Think like an astronaut. :D

When you get there, it won't be easy to reach the controls (remember, you're inside a space suit).

Also, if the controls are outside, you can't control the arm from inside the ship, you'll need some way to do that too.

Hope it helps.

I seriously can't find anything to pry this open... i've been around the ship 10 times it feels like...

Hope it helps.

I seriously can't find anything to pry this open... i've been around the ship 10 times it feels like...

Have you checked all the rooms? You may need something tiny and easy to hold to get that control panel open...probably something the Computer wouldn't think twice about you holding on to.

*SPOILER IN CASE YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO*

I know I missed this the first time around, too... I think your Spoon buddy wants a friend! ;)

Hope it helps.

Have you checked all the rooms? You may need something tiny and easy to hold to get that control panel open...probably something the Computer wouldn't think twice about you holding on to.

I know I missed this the first time around, too... I think your Spoon buddy wants a friend! ;)

*sigh* i had the thing you are talking about and i am sure i tried it, as the hatch has 2 areas i probably tested it on the lower one... Thanks!

Hope it helps.

*sigh* i had the thing you are talking about and i am sure i tried it, as the hatch has 2 areas i probably tested it on the lower one... Thanks!

I think I remember just giving it to Shay, instead of moving the object to the latch. :P Try that!

Hope it helps.

Apparently I can't think like an astronaut... :-(

Can someone give me a tiny little hint maybe?

Hope it helps.

Have you looked into all the "mission" rooms? There are a couple of items you'll need from them. I think if you haven't done the two repeat "missions" during the on-rails sections of the game, then those rooms also give you the repeat missions first, so don't be discouraged if you can't find anything at first.

For this particular puzzle, you want to look for something that could shoot gas or liquid as a propellant in zero-g, to move your suit in the opposite direction.

Hope it helps.

Have you looked into all the "mission" rooms? There are a couple of items you'll need from them. I think if you haven't done the two repeat "missions" during the on-rails sections of the game, then those rooms also give you the repeat missions first, so don't be discouraged if you can't find anything at first.

For this particular puzzle, you want to look for something that could shoot gas or liquid as a propellant in zero-g, to move your suit in the opposite direction.

Aha! Thank you very much, I had a good idea before, I just didn't click on the right thing :)

Sign in to follow this