Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Yeah, like that. great way to hide spoilers. Like how I failed to do in my LSoH post. D:

Edit: Wait, certainly I am not the only one on the Double Fine Action Forums who has seen this movie/play?? (I prefere the play version myself, but that's just my preferance.)

Don't be a fool, Apple Pop. I referenced it like four times yesterday. :P

I still haven't seen that one... or dark knight :red:

The Dark Knight is really all about Ledger's performance. I was partly hoping it would be an 18 certificate so as to allow Nolan to use the darker aspects of the relationship between Batman and the Joker - it is touched upon briefly during the interrogation, but it seemed like the building blocks for their future conflicts. Which is partly why I was so saddened to hear of his demise.

Hellboy does not really translate well to film. Something about the simplicity and humour of Mignola's work is what makes his retelling of age-old tales so interesting; he uses his iconic art and Hellboy as a vehicle to traverse forgotten realms and lore. The Hellboy films feel too much like Hollywood Action Blockbusters rather than well written masterpieces.

I know, I got the idea from things I've read that the Joker was meant to be a reoccurring villain. Those are so few in the film business, the only villain that's ever lived to tell the tale and scheme again (that's worth bringing back) is Magneto from the X-Men films. That's the only one!

All of Gotham's criminally insane are held within the infamous Arkham Asylum after capture, predominately at the hands of Batman. Which is why the conflict between himself and the Joker is so intense. Joker understands Batman better than Bruce Wayne does and he knows that the only thing separating Batman from himself is the thread of 'justice'. The Scarecrow does reappear briefly within the Dark Knight before being caught (once again)by Batman.

Regardless of this new info. I still maintain that Magneto is the only villain from a super hero film franchise worth bringing back. Regardless the appearance or even major roles of villains elsewhere. Ledger's Joker may have made the list, but its a mute point now.

Now as for villain's who died at the end. I personally think that they should've kept Doc Ock around for a reprise in a later Spider-Man flick. Alfred Molina was awesome in the second movie.

Heck, going back to Spider-Man, they should have kept Norman Osborn alive. And used the amnesia plot from the comics. Keep Mary-Jane and Peter apart in 2 where Pete meets Gwen, who dies due to Peter's own actions in 3 (as in the comics) and then finally introduce the coupling of Mary-Jane and Peter in 4.

Yeah, like that. great way to hide spoilers. Like how I failed to do in my LSoH post. D:

Edit: Wait, certainly I am not the only one on the Double Fine Action Forums who has seen this movie/play?? (I prefere the play version myself, but that's just my preferance.)

Don't be a fool, Apple Pop. I referenced it like four times yesterday. :P

Oh, this is true. You wanted me to feed you audio clips every waking hour of the evening, then you would get bigger and bigger, and soon you'd be start eating everybody.

Regardless of this new info. I still maintain that Magneto is the only villain from a super hero film franchise worth bringing back. Regardless the appearance or even major roles of villains elsewhere. Ledger's Joker may have made the list, but its a mute point now.

Now as for villain's who died at the end. I personally think that they should've kept Doc Ock around for a reprise in a later Spider-Man flick. Alfred Molina was awesome in the second movie.

Heck, going back to Spider-Man, they should have kept Norman Osborn alive. And used the amnesia plot from the comics. Keep Mary-Jane and Peter apart in 2 where Pete meets Gwen, who dies due to Peter's own actions in 3 (as in the comics) and then finally introduce the coupling of Mary-Jane and Peter in 4.

I agree.... ((loss of words)) I agree that some villains aren't that good for a sequel... Heroes, though... I could point out a couple heroes that they should have used more than once...

i really liked kung fu panda, the fights scenes were suprisingly amazing....i actually wanted to see it again more then iron man (no offense to iron man lovers)

Interesting. I had serious doubts about Kung Fu panda, but I may give it a show sometime based on your views.

The movie was great, it was like a regular Kung Fu Film, but with animals and comedy. It had good dialogue and memorable characters. And most incredible, was the Kung Fu. Taking full advantage of the setting, characters and tone of the film to exaggerate what was possible. My only complaint is that it didn't last long enough.

yup...the ending was kinda cut short (and im not going any further than that), but wasnt there like, a "legend of the furious five" extra dvd? is that a sequal? prequal?

I just watched Death Note (the live action one) ^___^

i loved it, the voice dubbing is way better then the second one but it was still awesome.

the death note movies were really good, i got the first two subbed on dvd from a convention....i hear hollywood is making an adaptation of deathnote....god, i hope its not going to be as bad as "dragonball evolution"

the death note movies were really good, i got the first two subbed on dvd from a convention....i hear hollywood is making an adaptation of deathnote....god, i hope its not going to be as bad as "dragonball evolution"

yeah if thare's a Disney Channel star in it i'm going to kill Hollywood with mah Death Note *pulls out cosplay Death Note* :B.

*begins to hide a pit by covering it with anime*

Last movie I watched?

Well, it wasn't a movie, but I watched a marathon of Flapjack. And by "marathon" I mean, watch every bloody episode that OnDemand has to offer.

i dont understand why they would actually think about remaking it, its already done, no more is necessary...they even made a L spin off movie

I find it disrespectful for the anime and the manga, what gos in Japan, should just stay in Japan. :|

How is it disrespectful? Look at all the spin offs of so many things we've seen *coughfridaythethirteenthcough*. Besides, who is it actually disrespecting? Although, I rarely like a remake or spin off, I know that in the bussiness worl, if there's money tobe made, a company will do it, and seeing how popular Death Note is it's bound to see this type of stuff happen to it.

(Besides, also, no matter who adapts a story, people from countries other than America included, the movies based on games/books/ect. usually end up bad. I wouldn't say that keeping something strictly in one country would save it)

i just know that thare going to ether put some stupid disney channel star in it....or will smith.

its not really disrespectful as it superfluous....it shows how desperate some people can be when writers cant think hard enough to come up with an original idea, but instead just re-doing something that has been done many times over ( examples...a new live action street fighter, the dragonball movie, the endless slew of "xmen origins" movies)