Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Live Free or Die Hard.

...still utterly generic, and since the Blu-Ray version removes the scenes with Lucy, it doesn't even have a proper ending any more. FAIL.

watched a bit of prometheus, and is actually much better than the first time. also watched alien director's cut, which was also great!

That was one of the best forum moments of 2012 from the TTG forums. Davies' slow deteriorating love for Prometheus. Come on, it was good stuff. It started out as one of the greatest movies of all time and after 10+ views and comments, it became an average movie.

Watched first 30 minutes of Indie Game: The Movie on Netflix (will watch the rest shortly).

First, the gameplay footage makes me want to buy Fez. Second, I hesitate to show this movie to my wife, since it has footage of Edmund's game wherein you control a penis cannon shooting at a vagina monster.

Edmund really must have issues. *cue Rather Dashing telling me that it's just his brand of art.*

Robocop F*CK NO!!!/10

I have no interest in that movie. I'm not a big remake fan to begin with and that design cemented it.

Wow- I didn't think Robocop would be good by any means, but that score makes it sound atrocious. Guess Michael Keaton just did it because it was a job, and Samuel L Jackson.. well.. because it was Samuel L Jackson.

I wasn't sure what to make of The Lego Movie. Some of the previews make it look like it's for little kids, but it's one of the higher rated movies out right now.

Around Christmas time I saw American Hustle which was outstanding. I also saw Her which was weird and kind of dragged, but I thought was ok. Lone Survivor would've been good if it didn't embellish the true events so much. Also, Mark Wahlberg is incapable of portraying any character besides himself. He's supposed to be from Texas in that movie. Yeah. Really.

I just saw Lego Movie. It was great in all the right ways.

And I will have "Everything is Awesome!" stuck in my head for the indefinite future.

The Lego Movie: 8/10

A really great film all round. Great animation and voice acting, and a really well written plot that plays on tropes and traditions of LEGO, and suitable to any fan of LEGO young or old.

It certainly wasn't afraid to push the boat out when it came to humour. You had the slapstick visual gags to make the kids laugh, and more snarky clever jokes hidden in for the older kids. Hehe

And yeah. That song is buried into my brain now. xD

Red 2 - 8/10

Bearing in mind that I am within a nat's breath of giving the original Red a 10/10, I felt this was an enjoyable follow-up that wasn't quite as good as the first film, but was still a hell of a lot of fun.

Well, I saw Robocop on Friday. I actually quite enjoyed it...

Is it a stealth comedy or did they go serious with it?

From everything I've heard, they went serious with it.

PG-13 can be okay. It's not the tag most people want attributed to action movies when they're announced, but a lot of factors weigh in on ratings. The truth is that a lot of 80's films that were rated R would be PG-13 now. For one, language was hardly a concern like it is now, which shows that you can easily eliminate those flags from your films by omission. Under the new ratings you can seemingly incorporate an endless amount of gun violence/explosions without having to worry about getting an R. As the ratings for violence are carried more by the length of frames rather than the method and execution, the end result, from a seasoned director, can still be a really good product.

Have you seen the PG-13 TV edit of Robocop? All that was removed was a few words, a couple frames from the beginning and a few frames from the end(which is a bit jarring actually because they literally just removed frames, but if it was originally filmed that way, it wouldn't have been any more inferior). I love a good violent R rated action film as much as the next guy, but I don't necessarily view PG-13 as the death sentence it once was. That being said, I wish more action directors(and studios, it's ultimately up to them) released the desired PG-13 cut in theatres and an unrated version on home release.

I remember seeing the original Robocop way back when I was younger, and being freaked out about how violent it was. Not that it would bother me now (in fact, I'd probably think it rather silly now), but back in the day I found the original rather disturbing. Years later, I was talking to some friends about it and we all agreed, how back when we were younger we all found that movie disturbing for its violence. Course, it should be said that when we watched it we were all younger than 17 which is I think was the required age for rated R movies.

A lot of it is also "how" the movie shows its violence. I thought Reservoir Dogs, despite being a great movie, was violent for one short scene that happened off-camera!

Last Movie I watched ...."The TV Set" (2006). Was on a David Duchovny groove for a moment so i d-l'ed a few movies he was in. The Tv Set was a lot better than I was expecting...if you like movies where a character has 'a really bad day'. I love movies like that. Fargo (not to mention a few other W. H. Macey films) and Falling Down are my 2 fave 'guy has a really bad day' films. I'm gonna watch "Goats" (2012) tonight or tomorrow...another Duchovny film...I really enjoy it when he plays really eccentric characters. An oldie but really good one he was in is called 'Playing God'.

Yoooo... I know I'm late to this, but what is up with Monsters University not getting nominated? That was in all seriousness my favorite movie of 2013, live action included. I liked American Hustle, but would put that second to Monsters U. Maybe Gravity third. I also saw Her and Captain Philips and although I was entertained, I feel MU was the must see for everyone.

The Lego Movie - 9/10

Go see this movie.

No, seriously. I don't care who you are or what you're into, just... just go see this movie.

...like, now.

The Lego Movie - 9/10

Go see this movie.

No, seriously. I don't care who you are or what you're into, just... just go see this movie.

...like, now.

I dunno... I really didn't like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and seeing as how those same guys made this movie... I really just rated the movie based on what I've heard, but I haven't actually seen it. I just don't know.

I liked it. It's up there with Wreck-It Ralph for me. That little bit near the end wasn't so good but the rest was awesome.

I'm glad they will make a sequel(but we have to wait forever) and hopefully it will be completely about the

Lego world

We'll find out... in a few years.

Finally got to see The Lego Movie this past weekend and agree with everyone that it was really funny. The end was kind of weak, but overall it was a lot of fun.

Now I wish I still had all my old Legos to play with.. I used to have a bunch of those 80's space guys!

Sign in to follow this