Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Saw that new Liam Neeson film which I forget the name of and can't be screwed looking up...

I actually really enjoyed it, despite the lackluster reviews. 8/10

Riddick.

Man, but Vin Diesel is not even close to being a good actor. There are logic holes in this plot that you can fit atlantic cruise ships into. The film is washed out brown or at a very few parts blue or just dark. Okay effects. Decent action, best video game made from a licenced title, but not a good film. And I don't believe in giving ratings as a number out of a number, so I won't. But it's good for cheesy action among friends to snark at, but not a film I would see again.

Final verdict is: Give it the MST3K treatment and you and your friends will have lots of fun.

300: Rise of an Empire was a ridiculous mess much like the first 300

Spoiler:

There was a scene where a person charges a horse across these small ships as if it were a field charge, then jumps the horse into the sea. I'm sure the horse totally knew how to swim and climb back aboard to safety.

I really wonder what goes on in the mind of Frank Miller. Whereas I did enjoy the movie Sin City and for the most part I liked reading The Dark Knight Returns he's a bit of a nut job.

--------

In other news, I've been watching a lot of the Making of for the movie Gravity. It's pretty crazy how much work went into that. I totally agree that it won so many technical awards at the Oscars.

No, but she's in the same room, and she was watching NCIS on her laptop. I didn't want to bother her.

Mel Gibson's Apocalypto

First of all, I don't care what some of you people may think of Mel Gibson. He is a damn good filmmaker and a genius at what he does when he's the one behind the camera. This movie is stunning in its brutality, epic chase scenes, and in its realistic portrayal of the Mayans in certain culture's habitual sadism and in other's everyday life as jungle natives. I freaking love this movie, and I will see anything Mel Gibson puts out there because he is, again, damn good at what he does.

Deal with it, Hollywood.

15/10

I am going to see The Raid 2 next week unless it's not playing here for some reason. We've already had The Wind Rises and that new Wes Anderson movie not showing here. I really hope this on comes here. It looks hype as fuck!

Darby O'Gill and the Little People 10/10

One of the lesser known Disney films, and most certainly one of the best.

I can't tell you what the last movie I finished was, since I'm gonna review it and I don't want to ruin the surprise, but it was atrocious and I wish nothing but horrible things upon everyone even remotely involved in the making of it.

I can't tell you what the last movie I finished was, since I'm gonna review it and I don't want to ruin the surprise, but it was atrocious and I wish nothing but horrible things upon everyone even remotely involved in the making of it.

So the Piper quote is the only good thing? TBH I thought any movie with Piper in it would be god awful.

The Wolf of Wall Street 5/5

The best movie I've seen in a long while. Excellent in every way, Scorsese nailed it!

Little Shop of Horrors: The Directors Cut

8/10

A great movie, especially the puppetry and Steve martin being epic.

And the true ending of the film is dark. DAAAAARRRRKK.

(But pretty awesome though. One certainly shouldn't listen to alien plants that promise you fame and fortune in exchange for blood thats for sure. Haha!)

The Oily Maniac (Original title "You gui zi", made in Hong Kong 1976, set in 1960ies Malaysia???)

This is not a good film. Great for snarking at and MST3k-ing, but it's script hasn't got an idea what a good plot is, what logic is etc. The effects are terribad, and the acting is not particularly good either. There is no horror in it of any value, despite being Horror genre. Lots and lots of exposed breasts though.

In comparison, the last movie I talked about (Riddick) is a piece of polished cinematic crafting of epic quality...

Insomnia, one of those movies you can watch a couple of times.

Hopefully Interstellar will be another good Nolan film.

Seven, one of the great Fincher films (Zodiac, The Social Network, ...).

Hmm, the seven best games from my HB lib currently are:

Braid, Costume Quest, FTL, Inescapable, Legend of Grimrock, Shadowgrounds Survivor and SPAZ.

And from GOG i think:

Alpha Centauri, Dungeon Keeper, Memoria, System Shock 2, Torchlight, Ultima IX and VVVVVV.

Oh well ...

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

No, seriously, it's a freakin' masterpiece. The plotting is genius, the acting is fantastic, the script is pitch perfect and the whole experience is amazing. Go and see this film. It's just... it's really, really, REALLY good.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

No, seriously, it's a freakin' masterpiece. The plotting is genius, the acting is fantastic, the script is pitch perfect and the whole experience is amazing. Go and see this film. It's just... it's really, really, REALLY good.

Buh...buh... but I can't!

Not until next Thursday!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously? Ugh. Avoid the internet then.

Oh, and there's two after-credit scenes. Only watch the first - the second's not worth sticking around for.

Seriously? Ugh. Avoid the internet then.

Oh, and there's two after-credit scenes. Only watch the first - the second's not worth sticking around for.

Yeah, it doesn't release in the US until the 4th.

OF JULY.

I kid, I kid. Fourth of April.

I've already had several near misses on spoilers, but so far have avoided pretty much all of them. And that's with me reading all the Captain America threads, too. I'm not sure how I've managed this.

Why would you read Captain America threads if you're trying to avoid spoilers? Fool!

...surprised the UK gets it so much earlier than you guys. Makes a nice change :)

Why would you read Captain America threads if you're trying to avoid spoilers? Fool!

...surprised the UK gets it so much earlier than you guys. Makes a nice change :)

Well, I haven't encountered one yet!

It helps that I'm reading them on NeoGAF where anyone who posts spoilers in a non-spoiler thread gets banned.

Oh, that reminds me, I just saw Muppets: Most Wanted.

I actually really enjoyed it. Songs were pretty catchy, muppets were muppets, I almost hyperventilated when Christoph Waltz was one of the celebrity guests.

Yup, good show.

Sign in to follow this