Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Hot Fuzz was cool, did anyone else know that the guy from Sean of the Dead is in Star Trek? In the previews he's the guy that says "This is exciting". News to me anyway, I kind of want to see it just to see how he did in a non-comedic movie.

That would be Simon Pegg I believe. I know that simply because my dad has been quoting that line trying to voice it just like him every time he can. Though he has been in non comedic movies before, but he often comes off as funny alot of the time. Big Nothing which is very enjoyable. Worth seeing if you haven't seen it. Grindhouse and Band of Brothers. Big Nothing might be the only one you reconzise him in it, but he does a good job every time he is in a movie.

That big nothing movie looks pretty good I'm definitely gonna have to check it out.

'The Fisher King'

other than seeing all (and I mean all) of Robin Williams acting as an insane homeless man, it was a pretty good movie

I recommend it.

Start with Spanish first it makes learning other languages easier simply because most fallow the similar sentence structure.

I don't really think it differs, but that's just my opinion, I've been taking French for a year now and I picked everything up really fast. I would pick French 'cause I think it sounds nicer, but that's also just my opinion.

Well I have trouble with the language I speak of English, I have tried that french of you with no spanish and it kicked my ass. Took Spanish for a couple of years and could figure out cajin french and regular french bit once in awhile without knowing the words but knowing that it fallowed a similar sentence structure.

Well I have trouble with the language I speak of English, I have tried that french of you with no spanish and it kicked my ass. Took Spanish for a couple of years and could figure out cajin french and regular french bit once in awhile without knowing the words but knowing that it fallowed a similar sentence structure.

What is your primary language anyway? Maybe you're right, I wasn't thinking about it like that, 'cause I did have a little Spanish before I took French.

Scarecrow, I agree...which is one of the reasons why I chose it over Spanish.

Me?

English (first language),

Hebrew,

Japanese,

and fluent Pig Latin and Ubbi-Dubbi.

Qua?!!! Vous parler en Francais?!!!
Je parler un peu de francais. Je ne receive bonne notes en le classe de francais. :-P

I speaka little french, but I really hate it. I don't have much of a talent for learning languages, I'm barely passing this year, and it's my third and last required year of a language so I'll proboably drop it. I don't really think French sounds good, it sounds like drunk English to me, but each to their own, I guess.

Sadly the rules for drunk English are easier then french.
Maybe, but proper english is much more complex than proper French. So many more irregulars and rule exceptions.

English is confuzzling.

At least in Japanese, if you can speak it you can write it. Not English. We have all these stupid rules. 'i before e except after c'. What.

Except when trying to write combined terms, according to my katakana book. According to it, the symbol for blood, when written twice, means nosebleed. :/ Or something. *Has been a long time since I read that book*

I speak a little German and Spanish, some Canadianese, and can fake nearly any accent when speaking. I even do an English one sometimes without even meaning to. Bugger, eh?

English is confuzzling.

At least in Japanese, if you can speak it you can write it. Not English. We have all these stupid rules. 'i before e except after c'. What.

I said DRUNK English not regular Engllish. slur of de word so words are as they sound.

Anyways saw The Spirit last night, and was subpar for Frank Miller, sure it look. Just because it looks good. doesn't mean that it is. Also saw Wall-e which was much more enjoyable. Most of the movie worked on the same dynamic of silent films. Reminded me alot of The Kid.

Except when trying to write combined terms, according to my katakana book. According to it, the symbol for blood, when written twice, means nosebleed. :/ Or something. *Has been a long time since I read that book*

I speak a little German and Spanish, some Canadianese, and can fake nearly any accent when speaking. I even do an English one sometimes without even meaning to. Bugger, eh?

Same here, I challenge you to a Voice-Off!

Same here, I challenge you to a Voice-Off!

OH SNAP! QUICK EVERYBODY! MAKE A GIGANTIC CIRCLE AROUND SCARECROW AND NAMI!!!

*Pulls out a white glove* Good sir, I do challenge you to a vocal duel! Meet me at my flat at 6:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)--take the rise to the fifth landing and go left, number 163. Then we shall settle this like proper gents, and then I shall invite you in for tea and crisps and we can watch football!

*Snaps fingers three times in Z formation*

I saw Taken a few days back. It was surprisingly good. So very, very full of action. I feel bad, though, because there was one scene where the main character goes to all this trouble to help an addict recover from a high in order to get information from her at a hotel, and then she's never shown again, which makes me think everyone forgot she existed. It's like this:

*ActionActionAction*

Main Character Guy: WHERE DID YOU GET THIS JACKET?

Junkie: *Points* Over dere.

Main Character Guy: I GO.

*ActionActionAction*

Junkie: *Still pointing* ...What?

Then again, maybe they did something when I went to get a drink. Hard to tell.

Sign in to follow this