Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

I just watched Gran Torino.

Clint Eastwood is awesome.

Oh yah he is so badass in that movie. It was hilarious how badass he was. I saw Star trek, Yay. I loved it. Also I want old Spocks Pacman Hood jacket.

*Pulls out a white glove* Good sir, I do challenge you to a vocal duel! Meet me at my flat at 6:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)--take the rise to the fifth landing and go left, number 163. Then we shall settle this like proper gents, and then I shall invite you in for tea and crisps and we can watch football!

*Snaps fingers three times in Z formation*

You can't just challenge me to a Voice Duel when I have already done so you great git! Its redundant is what it is!

Wouldn't it be cool if they made an MGS 4 movie and had Clint Eastwood be snake? I think so... even if he did retire.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) Matthew Broderick, Alan Ruck, Mia Sara

I'm going to be brief here, because I don't think that this movie needs much said about it, It was awesome, a new favorite, if you haven't seen it remedy that immediately.

Watch Tank Girl then. Trust me it is up there on the awesome factor with Malcolm McDowell one of the top bad guy character actors out there. Which is one of my favorite movies. Kicks the s**t out of Ferris Bueller in comedy along with hot chicks kicking ass.

Why should they be compared? It seems nothing like Ferris Bueller. And they're aren't any hot chicks kicking ass in it, unless you count Jennifer Grey's high kicks. I'll check it out though.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Wo hu cang long (2000) Yun-Fat Chow, Michelle Yeoh and Ziyi Zhang

This is probably my favorite Kung Fu movie, if you can call it that. Its such an incredibly deep film, the character's are all deep and wonderfully motivated. The downer ending is a little crinkle but I still come back to it.

Keep in mind they also say bad movies are good like Transformers and The Bourne Ultimatum. So I wouldn't trust it on that, but they are good at record keeping and examples such as trailers is why I use them for the links.

Scarecrow simply in awesomeness, that is the increment that the two have in common that would be judged. Bueller is a good movie, just do not see it as awesome. The movie was what I would call a rent. It is enjoyable, but I wouldn't want again after seeing it. I know that I have some movies that are not the greatest like Repli-Kate which make me smile and want to see it multiple times. Repli-Kate the justification is there is something about the movie that each viewing there is a new joke or something that makes me smile that I didn't notice before. I know it is a bad movie, but I still enjoy because it does the one thing a good comedy should do. Make you laugh everytime you watch the movie, and Repli-late does that as well as Grocho Marx.

Bueller as enjoyable as it is, I would put it up at the same rank Big. If nothing else is on, sure I might watch it if it is on, but not much more then that. I still do not get how the movie is awesome when most of what happen is the movie comes of rather mild. The supposed coolest scenes meat the definition of neat not cool. Though I fully agree with you one Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, makes so rather daily things look so beautiful. Then again I am probably an idiot since I think his version of The Hulk was the better one.

you know what needs a movie? Venture Bros....i finally watched the last episodes...and it just ended with a cliff hanger... a movie with more assasins against brock samson would be nice...

GET ON IT DOC HAMMER!

I don't think they will because of how horribly the other movie they did out of a series. The series was awful to begin with, and they lost money on it. It is more likely they will just keep doing the series format since any two parter is a min-movie of the series. Each episode for the most part stands alone, plus if they did a movie they would have to stop working on the series for awhile to make a movie. Which if you enjoy Venture Brothers, you would be happier with more episodes then a movie that stops the series for awhile.

Oh my god! Not again, everytime I like a movie you don't we have to do this! I'm glad you like Tank Girl and Repli-Kate, I'm sorry Ferris Bueller doesn't float your boat. But mykalwane seriously, its okay if my opinion is different, so stop trying to convert me before I knock you upside your virtual head!

I know it is so much fun. It is an actual conversation where there is an exchange of opinions which lead to the proving of what is know as right or wrong. I have been rather enjoying these conversations we have had so far. So far every time we done this has been a good conversations. It is just so rare to get a good conversation, which appeared to be the case. A simple exchange of opinions with examples and reason to why we think such and such is such and such. Sorry if this aggravates you, but just appeared to be an honest exchange of thoughts was all.

I want to make a movie. It will star Scarecrow and mykalwane. They will be trapped together in a small theater room with no windows and no way to communicate with the outside world. While in this room they will be forced to watch the same film together. Each will then be given one metal spork. What happens next will make Hostel and the Saw films look like they are Care Bear or Hello Kitty movies. One part action-suspense and the other part horror. I am waiting for Michael Bay to call me back to direct this film. There will be cool effects for sure.

As far as what I've watched lately, I re-watched Taken on BluRay. It was good for a second viewing, unlike some of the other films I have watched.

Alright mykalwane, you want a debate, you got one. Bueller is a good movie for several reasons which I will list and expound upon below.

1. Its doesn't require alot of thought to enjoy: I'm not saying its dumb, but the movie doesn't require you to think that hard to enjoy it, there's no great theme or philosophical underpinnings that one must retrospectively contemplate to extract maximum enjoyment.

2. Its quotable: And people will likely catch the quote since this movie is so well viewed and loved. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

3. Ferris does what everyone wishes they could do: break the rules and get away with it. I mean how many times have you wanted to get out of something, but were too scared to try, Ferris gives us that fantasy in this movie.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off isn't the best movie in the world, but if everyone expected every movie to be the best then we'd never watch movies for all the disappointment. And really it isn't about how awesome or funny it is. Its just a movie, and it will appeal more to some then to others.

Thought we already were Scarecrow. Headroom the sad thing is that for the most part I be just watching the movie quietly so not to ruin the movie for Scarecrow for the most part. So that might not work because of that, that and I watch cartoons still. Every new season I watch whatever new to see what animation styles are doing well or not. Hello Kitty is a nasty bitch of a character, so it might be good.

Scarecow that is good points on that. I never had a problem with getting out of anything I hated. If I wanted to get out of something I usually find some way to entertain myself while dealing with it. I am a bit odd, a good example would be that when I got a jury summons. I was disappointed that I couldn't go to it since I am in Johnson county not Tarrent county. The charm of a movie that hinges on something that I never experienced would explain why I wouldn't think that.

Now the seeing a movie that fits the don't have to think movies have been movies that don't take themselves too seriously. Back to the Future for example rather then something like Buller. Braindead, Black Sheep, The Man with two Brains and a ton of zombie movies simply because the critic part of my brain shuts up. There aren't many that I have seen that aren't over the top in one way or another that would meet that. I thought that Bueller was simply a comedy that was tale of the root not taken and nothing more. Out of curiosity what movies would you say meet the definition doesn't take a lot of thought to enjoy? Is it movies that generally have no real substance to it while enjoyable to watch (popcorn movies) like most action movies or is it just the simple fact that one can watch no matter how enibrated one is like Duck Soup?

I think all of those could apply to the Doesn't take a lot of thought to enjoy definition.

I think that Ferris Bueller is a fence rider though. While you can just watch it and laugh I think it has deeper side too, specifically in regards to the character of Cameron, who gains the most in the story. But even at that its not a film that can be analyzed for hours, which I think can be a good thing sometimes. And now I'm done talking about it because I don't want to ruin a film that's better watched then talked about.

YAAY FERRIS BUELLER.

*ahem*

Any movie I would be in would be about zombies. And knowing my luck, I'd either be an extra, or the first to get eaten.

It make sense to come up with a comedy called Office Zombies then. When the brains run out they turn on the CEOs. Would probably make a lot of money either way it goes. CEOs either get eaten up, or have a movie from the point of Zombies who only want some brains, or could go for Jesus comes back to kick ass.

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard

What a movie, what a romance! What a doll Audrey Hepburn was! This film was intelligent, modern and its cinematography was great, using techniques we take for granted today, but are all to absent in the movies of the time. Holly Golightly is irresistible, her crazy life seems a fun ride at first, but over time you really learn how heart breaking it is.

George Peppard is a proper leading man, strong, sensitive and not to sure of himself, he's the guy audiences love to root for.

Another winner in my book, I'll absolutely have to get it on DVD!

More lulz that I've missed.

We rented some movie called the Train-ride or something? I can't remember the title now. It had Danny Glover and Leelee sobelski, and that guy who is funny from saving silverman, but I can't remember his name. It was a pretty bad movie. But it did have a train in it. So it gets points for that.

Also, I'm going to have that song - Breakfast at Tiffanies- stuck in my head now. Thanks.

I watched Beetlejuice the other day... for the first time.

OHGODDON'THURTME!

I saw part of Terminator: Salvation, but then the power at the movie theater went out halfway through and they didn't finish showing it. It sucked, but I got a refund.

Prom afterparty last night consited of zombie games and watching The Princess Bride. I havn't seen that movie in forever, it TERRIFIED me as a litlle girl!

Sign in to follow this