Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

the movies are good, but people obsess over it too much. thats just my opinion. its not THAT good in my opinion.

You're right Zee, the plot is something a 13 year-old could come up with (no offense guys, but we all suck when we start out), the films weave through illogical decisions and thought-processes. Half the science is ludicrous and the Special Effects (Even in the crap updated versions) get more dated every year. Add to that the WTF incestuous kiss in Empire and you're left wondering what Lucas was thinking! Much much better movies exist.

But that's just one side of the coin.

I was probably about 8 years-old when my mom popped in a VHS tape with first two films recorded on it from a movie marathon on some now defunct or renamed channel. I had to fast-forward through commercials and some minor scenes were cut for time. But John Williams' soul stirring score gave a grand fare opening to a movie with space battles, robots with personality, stormtroopers, blaster rifles, lightsabers, mystical warriors, righteous rebels fighting an evil empire, the rescue of a princess who's just as smart mouthed and street wise as her rescuers, A GIANT BALL THAT BLOWS UP PLANETS! Then you have guys like Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader and for a kid watching all this awesome for the first time, its like seeing light for the first time, having set in a dark room all these years and finally someone walked in a flipped the switch! These were the movies that made me really realize that someone made it up, that it was the result of their imagination and that I wanted to do that too, that's why Star Wars is so over hyped and so loved and obsessed over, because no matter how cliched, poorly written or aged it gets, it brings back that sense of adventure that it gave us when we were kids watching it for the first time.

You're right Zee, the plot is something a 13 year-old could come up with (no offense guys, but we all suck when we start out), the films weave through illogical decisions and thought-processes. Half the science is ludicrous and the Special Effects (Even in the crap updated versions) get more dated every year. Add to that the WTF incestuous kiss in Empire and you're left wondering what Lucas was thinking! Much much better movies exist.

But that's just one side of the coin.

I was probably about 8 years-old when my mom popped in a VHS tape with first two films recorded on it from a movie marathon on some now defunct or renamed channel. I had to fast-forward through commercials and some minor scenes were cut for time. But John Williams' soul stirring score gave a grand fare opening to a movie with space battles, robots with personality, stormtroopers, blaster rifles, lightsabers, mystical warriors, righteous rebels fighting an evil empire, the rescue of a princess who's just as smart mouthed and street wise as her rescuers, A GIANT BALL THAT BLOWS UP PLANETS! Then you have guys like Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader and for a kid watching all this awesome for the first time, its like seeing light for the first time, having set in a dark room all these years and finally someone walked in a flipped the switch! These were the movies that made me really realize that someone made it up, that it was the result of their imagination and that I wanted to do that too, that's why Star Wars is so over hyped and so loved and obsessed over, because no matter how cliched, poorly written or aged it gets, it brings back that sense of adventure that it gave us when we were kids watching it for the first time.

good point scarecrow.

i got into the starwars scene a little late (14 when i seen episode 1) so i guess i didnt appreciate it as much as some.

the best star wars storyline= KOTOR

You're right about that, zee. I think I'm actually more interested in the comics and games than the movies these days.

I like TSL because all of the Sith Lords are BA.

I have TSL for PC but KOTOR 1 is $80, like trying to buy FF7.

I was going by eBay prices for FF7 good to know it'son PSN I'm going to go check it out.

I saw Robin Hood: Men in Tights. It was silly, a lot like Monty Python for those of you who aren't Mel Gibson fans. Not quite as good as the Pythons though.

I saw Robin Hood: Men in Tights. It was silly, a lot like Monty Python for those of you who aren't Mel Gibson fans. Not quite as good as the Pythons though.

I've actually been meaning to watch that since I keep reading how everyone says it's hilarious.

I've actually been meaning to watch that since I keep reading how everyone says it's hilarious.

Damn straight it's hilarious! It's Mel Brooks!

Mel Brooks is awesome; I particularly love Blazing Saddles.

Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!

Little Shop of Horrors. I was in the kitchen when my sister was watchin Steve Martin get eaten by a giant plant. I haven't seen it, but that scene was cool.

sex drive. funny movie.

How far are guys willing to go, what makes the movie's concept so interesting. How far are you willing to go Zeeman? Will you sail the seven seas? Walk across the desert sands?scale the highest mountain, and shout her name from the snowy peaks. Write her name in the very stars themselves? Take an eternity of pain so she may have one second of comfort?!

SHWOOP DA WOOP!

sex drive. funny movie.

How far are guys willing to go, what makes the movie's concept so interesting. How far are you willing to go Zeeman? Will you sail the seven seas? Walk across the desert sands?scale the highest mountain, and shout her name from the snow peaks. Write her name in the very stars themselves? Take an eternity of pain so she may have one second of comfort?!

SHWOOP DA WOOP!

hmm. well i dont have to go that far, i have a girlfriend who lives a mere 15 minutes away.

I got my hands on Animaniacs season 2, and I've watched a couple of those lately. I grew up on that and other great cartoon shows from back in the day.

I liked Robin Hood Men in Tights. It's been awhile since I've seen it though. So I'm a bit hazy about alot of it.

On Sunday we rented Knowing, with Nicholas Cage. I mocked this choice dearly. It looked horrible in previews and I'm not a huge fan of nick cage anymore. The movie was pretty bad. But the sci-fi ending interested me.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail! It's the 40th Anniversary of Monty Python everyone! Isn't that grand!? They're going to do a reunion show! I don't know if it will be televised or not, but I'm still excited!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail! It's the 40th Anniversary of Monty Python everyone! Isn't that grand!? They're going to do a reunion show! I don't know if it will be televised or not, but I'm still excited!

Can't wait to see Graham Chapman!

lol Anyway, apparently John Cleese hasn't agreed to it yet. Which is fine with me. He's my least favorite anyway.

Sign in to follow this