Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Almost all book movies I've ever seen cut out huge plot points and fill them with Holywood fluff. I'd rather not have memories of a mediocre movie coming before a great book as a "true" version.

Then don't watch the movie at all, the point I am making is that it is good to be pleasently surprised by a movie in order to experience its original story. In my experience if you always read the source materiel before the movie you would turn into those people that hates every single movie because it didn't live up to any exceptions you had before you watch it.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy book movies. I'm just saying they're usually mediocre and are almost always hard to follow if you haven't read the book and thus make enjoyment of the book harder. Kickass looks great though.

Yeah, me too, although any movie I never expect to be wowed by, unless its like the last 2 LOTR movies which are probably the best movies of the decade though IMO.

I hold original screenplays up to a higher standard. Period. I like to think that anyone who makes the effort to take an idea and write it down, and then get it made into a movie deserves the benefit of the doubt.

The Hangover

Zombieland

District 9

All original screenplays, all awesome.

I agree, although I don't like to have any expectation when going into any movie, for me it makes every movie more enjoyable.

It's probably de rigueur by now. Anyone who doesn't say it will probably be afraid of not being noticed. It's definitely the film to watch if you obsess over Stephanie from Lazytown and wonder what she'd be like if she shot people through the head for a living.

I personally would have preferred Christopher Walken as Big Daddy. Although, the reviewer at The Escapist said that Big Daddy was hands down the best Batman EVAR, like, the Batman that all the others should have been.

Hercules...It was good, one of my favorite disney movies...

I did a report of greek mythology, and just seeing how disney took the story and changed it was interesting

Troll 2. Ok, i'm STILL not sure exactly what this is about. All i can say is that it's about this creepy ass old lady who feeds this green stuff to people and thay turn in the goblins (NOT TROLLS. GOBLINS. THAY CALLED THEM GOBLINS.) and that's about all i can make out of that ...Oh, and it was awarded the best worst movie of all time (i kid you not). The acting, the storyline (if there WAS a storyline), the affects, everything about it was horrible. Note, that this was not on SiFi, this was a real movie that was in the theatres in the 80's.

Troll 2. Ok, i'm STILL not sure exactly what this is about. All i can say is that it's about this creepy ass old lady who feeds this green stuff to people and thay turn in the goblins (NOT TROLLS. GOBLINS. THAY CALLED THEM GOBLINS.) and that's about all i can make out of that ...Oh, and it was awarded the best worst movie of all time (i kid you not). The acting, the storyline (if there WAS a storyline), the affects, everything about it was horrible. Note, that this was not on SiFi, this was a real movie that was in the theatres in the 80's.

"They're eating her. And then they are going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOD!"

That movie is one if the most hilarious pieces of shit I ever saw.

Also I just re-watched the original Heavy Metal, such an awesome movie, but there was a lot more animated sex than I remember.

Am I the first to talk about Ironman 2? YEAH! anywho, I actually went out to see a movie instead of saving my money for food, and even the opening night (now I remember why I hate the movie theatres)...anyway

It was pretty good, I enjoyed it, but I know I won't watch it again. It suffers from the problem I had with the first movie. both movies have machinegun humor, basically, Robert Downy Jr. talks really fast and really sarcastically, and that is why it is funny, but when you rewatch it, it loses its funny because you're expecting it (similar to watching a Marx brothers movie twice)

Also, The story is similar to that of the Dark Knight...there is a lot of similarities

such as how it seemed everyone was under whiplash's thumb the whole movie similar to that of the Joker in the Dark Knight

And of course we all have thought that Ironman and Batman are pretty much the same--Rich guys with a seemingly unlimited supply of the dough decide to become super heroes using their awesome cash and thus can do anything and beat anyone (since the man with money owns the world). Also it seems that the flow was the same as well, starts out actiony, introduction of new character, then goes into recap of characters, then a lot of character development, then little bit of action, then back to character development, and BAM, actiony ending rushed at the end.

and yes I have thought about who would win in a fight between Ironman and Batman, I have come to the conclusion that batman would win round one because he is a ninja, and tony stark would go and build a suit that adapts to batmans skills-beat batman, and thus batman will do the use his money to adapt to ironman....thus creating a vicious cycle of the world's largest pissing contest between the richest people of the comic book world

Am I the first to talk about Ironman 2? YEAH! anywho, I actually went out to see a movie instead of saving my money for food, and even the opening night (now I remember why I hate the movie theatres)...anyway

It was pretty good, I enjoyed it, but I know I won't watch it again. It suffers from the problem I had with the first movie. both movies have machinegun humor, basically, Robert Downy Jr. talks really fast and really sarcastically, and that is why it is funny, but when you rewatch it, it loses its funny because you're expecting it (similar to watching a Marx brothers movie twice)

Also, The story is similar to that of the Dark Knight...there is a lot of similarities

such as how it seemed everyone was under whiplash's thumb the whole movie similar to that of the Joker in the Dark Knight

And of course we all have thought that Ironman and Batman are pretty much the same--Rich guys with a seemingly unlimited supply of the dough decide to become super heroes using their awesome cash and thus can do anything and beat anyone (since the man with money owns the world). Also it seems that the flow was the same as well, starts out actiony, introduction of new character, then goes into recap of characters, then a lot of character development, then little bit of action, then back to character development, and BAM, actiony ending rushed at the end.

and yes I have thought about who would win in a fight between Ironman and Batman, I have come to the conclusion that batman would win round one because he is a ninja, and tony stark would go and build a suit that adapts to batmans skills-beat batman, and thus batman will do the use his money to adapt to ironman....thus creating a vicious cycle of the world's largest pissing contest between the richest people of the comic book world

I heard it sucked.

Kickass....SO AWESOME. I love this movie. So much better than ironman 2, and better than most movies I've seen this year. Why did I waste $10.50 on the ironman ticket (yes, it is $10.50 at the theatre closest to my school)...I just can't say enough good things about this movie, but then again, I am the movie's target audience....the soundtrack is amazing by the way.

I don't think another movie will top this until another movie that was targeted toward my demographic: Scott Pilgrim, comes out

Kickass....SO AWESOME. I love this movie. So much better than ironman 2, and better than most movies I've seen this year. Why did I waste $10.50 on the ironman ticket (yes, it is $10.50 at the theatre closest to my school)...I just can't say enough good things about this movie, but then again, I am the movie's target audience....the soundtrack is amazing by the way.

I don't think another movie will top this until another movie that was targeted toward my demographic: Scott Pilgrim, comes out

This! Only Scott Pilgrim doesn't have a Hit-Girl, that's quite a hurdle to get over.

This! Only Scott Pilgrim doesn't have a Hit-Girl, that's quite a hurdle to get over.

hmmm...this might be true. We will have to see my friend

Alright, I borrowed Pulp Fiction from my roommate...and it just added fuel to the fire of disliking i have for tarintino movies...He does good stuff, but his scripts and shot are that of a film student freshman...he has such fluffy dialogue that go on forever

I watched Resident Evil Degeneration...enjoyed it, wasn't the best..but at least good to see a Resident Evil movie with Leon Kennedy (WHICH IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTS BUT NOOOO...LETS MAKE MORE CRAPPY MOVIES WITH THAT RANDOM CHICK) anywho, the cg was well done, but they needed to work on the mouth flaps a little more, and the story is nothing special, but entertaining for free

I just heard about Human Centipede. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of. As soon as I heard that he was connecting mouths to anuses I knew I had to get my friends to see it. I laughed until I cried at the trailer. That's a first for me.

Sign in to follow this