Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

This awesome CGI movie called Dragon Hunters. It's awesome, because it used to be this regular awesome animated show on Cartoon Network.

Before they started with the crap live-action stuff.

Gwizmo always reminded me of Raz, for some reason...

Not just because of the aviator helmet and goggles.

I think everyone saw that one coming a mile away.

I've decided to wait for PoP to release on DVD. Going to see Toy Story 3 mid June and that's it for me until Scott Pilgrim vs The World comes out, which is looking like the coolest thing ever right now.

I heard about that!

So awesome~

The one flaw in Scott Pilgrim vs the World is that Micheal Cera is in it. Go back with your family and make us all happy George Micheal.

If I remember correctly he was the one who made the Arrested Development movie get delayed so long to the point where it's not going to be made. He'll always be George Micheal Bluth to me.

Drag Me To Hell

Really well crafted horror film. Lots of scares. An excellently executed (if predictable) ending. It was freaking scary and a little funny and campy. Just want you want from a Sam Raimi film.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

OMFG I SAW JASON SEGAL'S PENIS SO WEIRD! Okay but really this movie was awesome. I laughed so hard at this incredibly well written and acted movie. And Mila Kunis :coolsmirk: need I say more?

I'm watching Night of the Living Dead in simple tones and ASCII. :D

WHAT

WHERE

TELL ME

I watched Prince of Persia. All I will say is that its the best video game movie that isn't really based on a video game. Honestly if this is how Hollywood is going to treat video game movies from now on, they shouldn't make up your own damn titles. That said I did enjoy this movie quite a bit, very engaging and fast paced. I liked it. My verdict though: as a video game movie 8/10, as a general movie 7.5/10, and as a Prince of Persia movie 3/10. They made a good movie, but to me it seems like they had to rape the IP to do it.

I'm watching Night of the Living Dead in simple tones and ASCII. :D

WHAT

WHERE

TELL ME

I used the last thing on this list. It's Linux only, but on a Windows related list.

I watched Prince of Persia. All I will say is that its the best video game movie that isn't really based on a video game. Honestly if this is how Hollywood is going to treat video game movies from now on, they shouldn't make up your own damn titles. That said I did enjoy this movie quite a bit, very engaging and fast paced. I liked it. My verdict though: as a video game movie 8/10, as a general movie 7.5/10, and as a Prince of Persia movie 3/10. They made a good movie, but to me it seems like they had to rape the IP to do it.

Mass Effect is the new contender for best Game to Movie Adaptation at this point. I like the people behind it so far, I just hope they find a decent director and cast the movie appropriately. Honestly they could get anyone to play Shepard. but he/she need to bring the energy to the role.

Mass Effect is the new contender for best Game to Movie Adaptation at this point. I like the people behind it so far, I just hope they find a decent director and cast the movie appropriately. Honestly they could get anyone to play Shepard. but he/she need to bring the energy to the role.

I agree, although I personally wouldn't want a "Shepard" era movie. If they were going to make a Mass Effect movie I would much rather see the books being adapted to movies, or a story about another conflict in the Mass Effect universe. That's just me though.

Did they cast the girl who did the voice for miranda in the movie, because if they didnt theyre retards

She lloks just like miranda, but alive, and hot

You haven't lived until you've seen The Prince And The Showgirl, with Laurence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe. It's really quite magical. Nothing they make today even compares.

Donnie Darko.

That was one seriously creepy movie, and i got a headache at the end trying to figure out exactly what the hell just happened. Still one of my fave movies now though.

Prince of Persia....it was really good, nothing like the game per se. But it had some of the same parallels/iconic things crucial to that series. Scott Pilgram vs. The World looks to be the most badassed thing ever. Glad I checked out the trailer before I went to the theatres because the trailer I saw there was totally lacking in the comedy department, haha. Yeah, I can't shut up or stop expressing how much I want to see this movie and finish up the comic series (I found a copy and read through the first volume in the store.)

Just watched the Imaginorium of Doctor something-or-other. It was the movie that Keith Ledger was making when he died. It was awesome, very artsy, and very under-rated. I'm offended that I and so many others have been missing out on this awesome movie. It was about someone who makes a deal with the devil, and I'm going to leave it at that. No spoilers. People should really watch it if they have any affinity to trippy movies.

Just in case people ACTUALLY want to check it out, the movie is called The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. And it was Heath Ledger's last movie. I appreciate your wit Bill, but you know, gotta' get the facts straight for some people! Yeah, it was pretty weird. But it wasn't a bad weird. The ending was absolutely terrible in my opinion, though.

Dorm. A Thai ghost story, about a boy who befriends a ghost at a boarding school. Asian ghost stories are so much better than Western ghost stories. Well, except for Christopher Walken as the Headless Horseman. And the Ghost Busters. Those, we get to keep.

Now watching Code 46. I like the low key science fiction films the best, character and story driven, with the tech and social weirdness just being ignored in the background as if it's always been there. I watched Moon yesterday, a film that's straddling some sort of gap with one foot in 2001: A Space Odyssey and the other in Dark Star. It kind of pulls it off, but the very last few seconds of the end is the payoff, and it made me laugh with glee and relief and vindication. Also today I watched Son Of Fury with Tyrone Power, mainly because it is mentioned in Wonder Boys which I watched a couple of weeks ago. I watch a lot of movies.

I watched the Children of Dune mini series, was great but I couldn't find the original Dune miniseries in any form.

Sign in to follow this