Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Inception.

I'd call it a mind fuck, but it's more like this movie took my mind out on a date, did all my mind's favorite things with it, brought my mind back to its place in then made sweet passionate love to it. I'm left full of inspiration and catharsis. In other words. The inception took.

Also Ellen Page was awesome, everybody in the movie was awesome, but Ellen... really.

Also what's up with the White Washed marketing campaign? I didn't even know a brown man was in this movie --much less that he played a major role-- until the character was introduced. Is Dileep Rao not pretty enough for a poster Hollywood?

What's inception about again? I can't remember. I think I saw, like, the last few seconds of the trailer and I couldn't for the life of me even figure out what I was looking at.

Inception.

I'd call it a mind fuck, but it's more like this movie took my mind out on a date, did all my mind's favorite things with it, brought my mind back to its place in then made sweet passionate love to it. I'm left full of inspiration and catharsis. In other words. The inception took.

Also Ellen Page was awesome, everybody in the movie was awesome, but Ellen... really.

Also what's up with the White Washed marketing campaign? I didn't even know a brown man was in this movie --much less that he played a major role-- until the character was introduced. Is Dileep Rao not pretty enough for a poster Hollywood?

What's inception about again? I can't remember. I think I saw, like, the last few seconds of the trailer and I couldn't for the life of me even figure out what I was looking at.

Apparently the movie is like one hundred times better if you don't know anything about it. The comparison I heard was James Bond meets Alice in Wonderland. So it's trippy, and it's action-packed. And Christopher Nolan is brilliant. So I can't wait to go see it.

And thusly another movie was added to my already lengthy "must see" movie list.

I love trippy movies. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of my most favorite movies evaaar.

I don't know if I like trippy movies in general, but I do love much of Tim Burton's work.

Unfortunately for Inception though, it's directed by Chris Nolan. And it also has DiCaprio in it :bleh:

I don't know if I like trippy movies in general, but I do love much of Tim Burton's work.

Unfortunately for Inception though, it's directed by Chris Nolan. And it also has DiCaprio in it :bleh:

DiCaprio? That guy actually still around?

That actually brought my Wow-O-Meter down a notch. Is it still a movie worth watching?

Please don't let DiCaprio starring in this movie keep you from seeing it. He does a fine job in his role but really, the movie and it's ideas are bigger then him. As for being trippy. It's not extremely trippy. The trip comes with a dose of logic, if you can keep up with all the balls the film juggles you should never feel confused, but there are some visuals that despite their logic will trip you out.

But seriously, don't let DiCaprio's presence keep you from seeing this. He's actually good in it, and again. It's bigger then him.

I'll give it a viewing then. I absolutely love quirky, trippy or weird movies. Especially if they're just one big mindf--k.

Remember Moonwalker? Like that. Weird.

The Iron Giant- awesome, mind was blown when i found out it was vin deisel who voiced the giant

Sharks in Venice--hilarious, it was obvious all the footage they got of the shark was taken from a shark week video and spliced in and didnt match the situation that it was in

Well I mean from a critical standpoint. I mean guys like Hayao Miyazaki and John Lasseter get heaps of praise for their work in animation but Bird --who I personally think is in his own way more brilliant in the way he makes his character's connect with the audience-- doesn't get the same level of critical acclaim. Of course this is just my opinion. I guess if the critics don't see the genius then it's not a case of them being wrong, it's just a case of them having bad taste.

I know I say this every time Brad Bird gets mentioned but he simply needs to make another Incredibles movie. If they managed to crank out 4 Shrek movies (they went downhill after two) than by god they should already be well into production. I just don't want this turning into a Toy Story 3 where it's a 10 year gap and they're going to make me gush by killing off Mr. Incredible...

It had a different feel than the first two. I still loved the movie, and I thought it was touching...but going into it, it wasn't necessarily something I (or anyone else was) expecting to see from Pixar. And for Incredibles 2 would you want them to continue with the Underminer? Or go ahead a few years and have a new tale?

Incredibles is one of the less goodly Pixar movies. I'd probably put that, Finding Nemo, and Up as my bottom 3.

I want to see another original movie. Up I felt didn't deserve the name of Pixar (especially after Wall-E the year before), and now we have Toy Story 3 just out and Cars 2 coming up.

Incredibles is one of the less goodly Pixar movies. I'd probably put that, Finding Nemo, and Up as my bottom 3.

I want to see another original movie. Up I felt didn't deserve the name of Pixar (especially after Wall-E the year before), and now we have Toy Story 3 just out and Cars 2 coming up.

Your taste in film is only out classed by your grammar sir!

It's not a bad movie, it's just as good as the 5 or so other Pixar movies.

It's my number one. It probably doesn't belong there, there are certainly Pixar films that have had a more profound emotional impact then it. But the Incredibles grabs me. The ideas in it, and how cleverly and completely they meld together to tell a complete story, it wows me every time. It's the stuff I live for. All my favorite movies have imparted ideas better then they did emotion. And Incredibles is my favorite Pixar film because it had the best ideas and it used all of their potential.

I should totally watch Coraline and Sherlock Holmes side by side on my dual monitor PC.

... Please excuse me for for two hours, I have some movies to watch.

You guys...which is better? The Sorcerer's Apprentice, or The Last Airbender? I'm kinda wondering...

You guys...which is better? The Sorcerer's Apprentice, or The Last Airbender? I'm kinda wondering...

Nick cage is in sorcerers apprentice, that should be enough to deter you

The Last Air Bender is so incredibly bad that its hilarious. Seriously, it's like battlefield earth bad. I am sad I spent $7 to see it. I want my money back.

Sign in to follow this