Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiffuts

Last Movie you watched...

Saw the new Harry Potter movie last night.

I think it's the worst out of them all.

You be crazy mang.

You be crazy mang.

Nah... I have a long list of flaws about this movie.

On the plus side though:

Cute 7/11 clerk thinks my Double Fine shirt is awesome. (not related to move but still awesome)

3 scenes with wet Hermione

DAT LUNA LOVEGOOD HHHHHHHHNNNNGGGGGG

If that list is longer than the one for PoA then yes, you be crazy mang. I never said it was the best one, but it is not even close to the worst. And don't site it being not close enough to the book because if you do I will pull out the sixth movie and show you just how much worse it was before this.

If that list is longer than the one for PoA then yes, you be crazy mang. I never said it was the best one, but it is not even close to the worst. And don't site it being not close enough to the book because if you do I will pull out the sixth movie and show you just how much worse it was before this.
But it is nothing like the book!

Awkward moment when about 50 people are queing to see Death Hallows and the lady asks if anyone is seeing it in 3d, and everyone remains quiet.

Awkward moment when about 50 people are queing to see Death Hallows and the lady asks if anyone is seeing it in 3d, and everyone remains quiet.

lol

You guys shouldn't have been quiet. I would have screamed "fuck 3D and that god damn gimmicky bullshit!"

Okay so. I might be going to watch the new HP movie with a friend tomorrow. Thing is, I have never read the books or seen the previous movies. Yes, boohoo, I'm such an uncultured and uneducated primate for not being privy to this series earlier.

Okay anyway, does me not having ever read the books/seen the movies affect how good this movie is? Because it seems like the only non-retarded movie that's playing in local cinema's right now

I was pretty upset about the Half Blood Prince's movie ending. I much preferred the ending in the book.

I haven't seen Deathly Hallows Pt 1, because Deathly Hallows was my favourite Potter book. I'm curious to see Pt 2, just because of the ratings its' getting. I'm not a Potter fanatic, so I can wait as well.

In other news, I just watched Girl Who Played with Fire [del]Girl With the Dragon Tattoo[/del]. I'm reading the book now, and realizing that the movie does the story a good amount of justice. I'm looking forward to watching Millenium 3, I just have to find time to watch them.

Also curious to know how Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will fair with David Fincher.

Yeah, Zerg, I don't see how you could possibly think that. The way they executed many of the key parts in the movie was outstanding.

=/

Oh, and obviously "Deathly Hallows Pt. Two" was my last film.

Just saw DH Pt. 2. Taken together both films make the best Harry Potter movie in the series.

Agreed. I think the final film is the best in the series.

I don't. I think both movies alone are incomplete. They need each other to be a good story. The best single movie in the franchise is Prisoner of Azkaban.

Only ever watched HP while inebriated... I couldn't tell you what order they go in.

I just watched the 3rd Transformers movie. It was so hideously bad.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

Well, it was much better than Part 1 and a relatively enjoyable watch. ^^

Watched it on Sunday...thoroughly satisfied. I thought the "19 years later" stuff was a little silly...but how else (the book included) do you end something like that?

I just watched the 3rd Transformers movie. It was so hideously bad.

I thought it was good, what was it that you thought was bad?

Shia LaBouf, That Supermodel Chick and Michael Bay come to mind.

Well, the blonde did a hell of a better job then Megan Fox did. Shia LaBouf wasn't that bad, I'm not really used to criticizing actors unless the acting is REALLY bad. And the Michael Bay thing, with the explosions and such, isn't really a negative, or a positive. To me it is just there.

So you enjoyed this movie for more then the explosions? I find that hard to believe.

My main problem with it was that there was too much focus on the humans. Also, if milk had a problem with micheal bay then it wasnt a good idea on his part to even go see this movie.

The tragedy for me with the 3rd one was that it didn't have any redeemable moments. The first movie I could skip the bits with shia and enjoy the mech battles. The Second one had less of this, but still had some awesome moments purely for spectacle. The 3rd one was so boring that I wanted to skip through the action just as badly as I wanted to skip through the shia bits. Also, Shia's character is completely unhinged and batsh!t crazy this time around. Just watch the scene with his precious car. He makes Gollum look conservative. Also, he really hasn't done anything in any of the movies of any significance. He has this totally undeserved sense of entitlement. H8. The one scene in the movie I enjoyed was the bit in which he's doing a job interview and the manager loses it on some chick because she brought a red cup from the red floor to the yellow floor. Everyone calls her disgusting and she runs away crying. Awesomely over the top and a good joke. Sadly that was the highlight of the film.

I can't believe I only just realised this, in Revenge of the Sith when Palpatine Anikan and Obi get trapped in that beam thingy on Greivous's ship at the start Obi goes "How can this happen? We're smarter then this!"

It'd be because Papatine is Mind Tricking them!

I can't believe I only just realised this, in Revenge of the Sith when Palpatine Anikan and Obi get trapped in that beam thingy on Greivous's ship at the start Obi goes "How can this happen? We're smarter then this!"

No, it's because George Lucas is a bad writer who needed to further the plot.

No, it's because George Lucas is a bad writer who needed to further the plot.

This.

Sign in to follow this