Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lahnee

Layer of Scene Outside Curtis' House Missing

A couple of times upon exiting Curtis' house, the middle layer(s) of the scene are not rendered, so I can see Curtis' house and the layer of grass in the very front of the scene, but the mailbox and other parts of the middle layer are rendered as a black box. The second time this happened the textures for the options screen didn't show up either and it was slightly difficult to save and quit without being able to see the buttons.

Windows 8 64-bit PC

Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40 GHZ

Nvidia GeForce GTX 675MX

16 GB RAM

Hope that's enough. Let me know if you need more info!

I've just ran into the same issue. Here's what I did:

- I stood next to the tree with the horn and the snake and tried out a few items on the horn.

- I then decided to switch back to Shay to see if I could get further along with him - I clicked around on his screen though it turns out I had already gotten as far as you could get for now (Vella icon was showing in the bottom right)

- so I clicked on the Vella icon and that's when layer's of the Curtis' house scene went missing with Vella coming out of the house (see attached screenshot)

- I checked Curtis' mailbox and then ran into Curtis' house

- that's where the game crashed.

After the crash, I was able to load up the last auto save just fine and there didn't seem to be any issue. I walked to about the same place next to the tree with the snake and made a manual save. In case it's any help, here's a link to that save. Note that the save is from after the issue occurred and the game had crashed.

My system specs:

i7 860 quad core at 2.8 GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5800 (Catalyst 13.2 drivers) at 1920x1200 pixel resolution

8GB of Ram

Win7 64bit

Hope this helps,

Sebastian

EDIT: Just noticed the game also created a crash dump.

2014-01-17_00001.jpg

2014-01-17_00001.jpg.323c41a81130e3b311c

Sign in to follow this