• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Localization Bugs: Italian

I didn't get a chance to post this before Greg locked the other general localization thread, so I'm going to post this into each of the FIGS threads…

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has reported localization bugs! If I haven't responded directly to something you've posted, don’t worry, I'm keeping track of everything, and am working as fast as I can to fix the issues you've found. I'll do my best to post bug fixing progress too.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game so much and are willing to help us make it even better. :)

Hey, thanks Greg for making the new thread :) and thanks Malena for your work!

I'm at work and i'm testing another game so i won't be playing/testing Broken Age until this evening (Italian Timezone)

To avoid confusion and report of known bugs i'll copy paste here all the italian bugs of the previous thread :)

#[iTALIAN] Shay - Spaceship

He says: “Missioni annullate fino a ulteriore avviso” but on the display the writing is: “Missioni annullate fino a ulteriore notifica”

Current Shay line: “Missioni annullate fino a ulteriore avviso…”

Suggested line: “Missioni annullate fino a ulteriore notifica…”

#[iTALIAN] Teleporter - Spaceship - Hall of Heroes

Current line: “Posso teletraspotarti a Nexus?”

Suggested line: “Posso teletrasportarti al Nexus?”

Nexus is not a name of a “place” but a central hub like an “Incrocio” or “Crocevia” in italian, i suggest using “al” instead of “a” because of this.

#[iTALIAN] Shay - Spaceship Airlock sign

Current line: “Camera d’equilibrio”

Suggested line: “Camera stagna” (as Shay says in the voice over line when you click on the sign)

The other way this bug can be fixed is changing the Shay line from “Camera stagna” to “Camera d’equilibrio” to match the sign.

The two translations for Airlock are both correct

#[iTALIAN] Shay - Spaceship - Sweets room

Current Line: “Quando mangi solo dolcetti e caramelle tutto il santo giorno, arrivi a un punto dove non ti piacciono più.”

Suggested Line: “Quando mangi solo dolcetti e caramelle tutto il santo giorno, arrivi al punto in cui non ti piacciono più.”

“Dove” is used mostly for places, “punto” here is not a place but a moment of your life

#[iTALIAN]

Spaceship - Teleporter:

Current line: "Un attimo!"

Suggested line: "Un momento!" or "Aspetta!"

Sometime when you use one of the three teleporters, it yells “Hang on!” that is translated in “Un attimo!”. I suggest to use “Un momento!” instead.

(@Huber_OZ: fixed your "tieniti forte" that was a wrong translation :) )

#[iTALIAN] Shay, on the main deck, I think

Current line: "Fratello!"

Suggsted line: "Fantastico...", "Grande...", "Cavoli!", "Uffa!"

Diduz76: " He says: “Fratello!” (the literal Italian translation for “brother”), but Shay’s just annoyed! We don’t say “Fratello” in this context! You should try “Cavoli!” "

I suggest to use "Fantastico..." or "Grande..." that's irony, "Cavoli" or "Uffa" are just: "What a bore" without irony

#[iTALIAN] Vella, during the Feast scene

Current line: "Acchippami"

Suggested line: "Acchiappami"

The writing on her dress is “Acchippami”, but there’s an “a” missing. Should be: “Acchiappami”

I'd like someone else double checking on this, but I'm pretty sure that the first time we talk with the cloud people about Jessie's egg, they refer to the bird using male pronoun "him" (lui) and then the female one "her" (lei) in the other sentences.

Shay part

NOW_FIXED Shay outside the ship, about the cable

“A parte quando non posso respirare.”

Possible suggestion “A parte che non respirerei.” or however check it a moment

NOW_FIXED Shay talking to his mother about the door closed /surprise

“Che cosa è successo?”

Suggested a more literal “Cos’è?” or “Qual è?”, considering her following answer

Vella part

Vella just entered in her house, for some time there is no “door” description

Problems with masculine/feminine (lo/le) for Jessie during dialogue with man and son

It’s “lo” when you imply “oligabbiano”, it’s “le” when you imply a feminine bird. Check the dialogue

NOW_FIXED Vella observing the various eggs baskets

“Non mi pare somiglino a quelli di Jessie”

Change in “Non mi pare somiglino a quelle di Jessie” since in italian eggs is feminine

NOW_FIXED Marshall talking with Vella

“Ehm… perchè è lì che si trova a sabbia.”

Typo, change in “Ehm… perchè è lì che si trova la sabbia.”

NOW_FIXED The tree talking about the stump

“E’ una cosa morbosa, ma almeno è naturale e non è stata corrotta da vuoi umani.”

Typo, change in “E’ una cosa morbosa, ma almeno è naturale e non è stata corrotta da voi umani.”

[iTALIAN] Talking Knife - Spaceship

Current Line: "Lo farò io."

Suggested Line: "Io sì."

Shay says: "Non voglio pugnalarlo", he answers "Lo farò io" that means: "I'll do it", but in english he answers : "I do" that means, "io sì (voglio pugnalarlo)"

[iTALIAN] Writing on Vella's Dress

Current Line: "Tutto da acchippare"

Suggested Line: "Tutta da acchiappare"

The typo has been already reported but i would change also the gender from "Tutto" to "Tutta"

I'd like someone else double checking on this, but I'm pretty sure that the first time we talk with the cloud people about Jessie's egg, they refer to the bird using male pronoun "him" (lui) and then the female one "her" (lei) in the other sentences.

Yes, i can confirm this he says: "Stai lontano da lui."

It has to be changed in: "Stai lontana da lei."

Another one:

[iTALIAN] Vella on the Cloud Colony

Current: "Come faccio per arrivare a Costarena?"

Suggested: "Come faccio ad arrivare a Costarena?"

"ad/a" is better than "per" for indications and places

[iTALIAN] everywhere

I suggest changing "Santone" to "Guru"

Guru is a recoqnized word in italian, santone is something that doesn't mean guru, i suggest to change all the "Santone" to "Guru"

[iTALIAN] Dead Eye Pyramid

The Guardians ask Vella why does she want to enter the temple, one of the possible answers is "Because you're guardin it. It must be cool" but the translation goes "Quindi fate la guardia. Forte". The Italian line has no meaning in this context, it should be something like "Perché voi lo state proteggendo, quindi deve essere interessante"

After solving the riddle of Yorn Vella can enter the temple, one of the guards says "Knock yourself out". It has been translated with a "Levati di torno" while it should be "Accomodati" or "Entra pure".

After waking up "Dead Eye", if you talk with the guardians Vella will warn them their God is awake. One of them will answer "Yeah, right". Ironicly, the translation "Esatto" is wrong, and has to be changed in "Sì, come no".

[Dead Eye Pyramid] Just a typo:

After placing the "pieces of quartz" in the wrong order and both Vella and the God exit the Pyramid, after both the guardians pass out, the God says (in english) "Okay, the targeting iris has three hundreds yers of rust [...]):

Current Line: "Oh, il sistema di puntamento ha accumulato tre secoli di ruggine [...]"

Suggested Line: "OK, il sistema di puntamento ha accumulato tre secoli di ruggine [...]"

EDIT: Also at the beginning of the Shay part, when you go outside the spaceship to investigate the strange object, when you try many times to jump into space without succeeding, Shay says "Lift off! then "This stinks!"

Current Line "Si decolla!" , "Ma sta roba puzza!"

"Ma sta roba puzza!" is a literal translation of "This stinks!", like "This has a bad smell". Now I assume that the expression "This stinks!" means that Shay is "bothered" because he cannot jump free into space, so I suggest to use something like "Che noia!". I want to hear other italian users' advices on this anyway :)

Hi there, I just finished it and I'd like to share some thoughts.

The Italian subs are overall very well written (I appreciate that even the signs and other background stuff are translated!), but I still found a couple of typos or sentences who doesn’t sound too right, I think some of them have already been reported above:

- when you have to choose the breakfast, the red box is called “Scie di comete ala fragola”, instead of “alla”. Unless it’s a play-on-words with “ala”(wing) and that chicken-thing pictured on it, but.. nah, nevermind. :D

- when the little cloud boy speaks about the female bird who saved you, he says something like: “you should stay away”, translated in “dovresti stare lontano da lui (stay away from him)”, but since in all the other sentences the bird is referred to as a “she”, the sentence should be “dovresti stare lontano da lei”, or “dovresti starle lontano.” Can’t remember the exact words of the actual sentence, sorry, but it was something like this.

- “I’m saving my cream for a matter of life and death” is translated with “Salvare la panna diventerà una questione di vita o di morte”, but it’s not the same thing and the sentence doesn’t make too much sense, it’s not like he’s “saving” the cream, saving here means “I’ll keep it until that l&d moment”, so it probably would’ve been better: “Conserverò questa panna per quando mi servirà davvero”.

- the “what are you doing here?”- “nothing, just... chillin’!” pun is funny, but unfortunately it’s hard to mantain it in Italian, it was translated with “niente, solo riposando” (nothing, just resting), which doesn’t connect well with their next comment (“he’s been waiting a long time for that question!”, or whatever it was). I think their answer should’ve something to do with the cold/ice in Italian too (even if it’s not a perfect translation from the English), just to keep the pun, like “Pensavamo a come rompere il ghiaccio.”, “Ci raccontavamo delle freddure.”, “Stai fresco se pensi che ti risponda” or something like that.

- same thing with the blind guardians (heh. not the band. ...but, wait. did you do that on purpose?? :D) of the God cave, when they ask you “Why do you want to enter?”, an option is: “Because you’re guarding it, so it must be cool”, but is translated with “E così state facendo la guardia. Forte!”, which means “So, you’re guarding it. Cool.”, but I don’t think it’s a sentence that actually answers their question. It should be something like: “Perché se la state sorvegliando, dev’essere forte!”

[iTALIAN] Lumberjack part - giving the "art piece" to the tree

She says: "Non ho mai visto questa materia."

Better :"Non ho mai visto questo materiale."

Materia is something else in common italian :)

#[iTALIAN] Shay - Marek's lab

"Talon Nebula" is translated as "Grinfia Nebulosa". It's a correct translation, but I think that "Nebulosa dell'Artiglio" could be a better choice, because "Grinfia Nebulosa" make me think of "Nebulosa" as an adjective like "Nuvolosa (Cloudy)", and the entire thing sounds like "Cloudy Talon" in italian.

Not sure if I explained well.

What do you other guys think?

"Talon Nebula" is translated as "Grinfia Nebulosa". It's a correct translation, but I think that "Nebulosa dell'Artiglio" could be a better choice, because "Grinfia Nebulosa" make me think of "Nebulosa" as an adjective like "Nuvolosa (Cloudy)", and the entire thing sounds like "Cloudy Talon" in italian.

Remember that if you change "Grinfia Nebulosa" in "Grinfia dell'Artiglio" you also have to change the comment: "Hey, sembra proprio una grinfia" (or something like that, when you click on the window) in "Artiglio"

Remember that if you change "Grinfia Nebulosa" in "Grinfia dell'Artiglio" you also have to change the comment: "Hey, sembra proprio una grinfia" (or something like that, when you click on the window) in "Artiglio"

Correct.

Another translation bug:

#[iTALIAN] Shay - Spaceship - Sweets room

"I suppose you want to run the avalanche mission protocol"

Current Line: “Volete eseguire il protocollo della missione valanga, giusto?”

Suggested Line: “Vuoi eseguire il protocollo della missione valanga, giusto?”

While in english "you want" is used both for singular 2nd person and for plural 2nd person, in Italy we have two forms to distinguish between the two things. We use "Tu Vuoi" for "You want (singular)" and "Voi Volete" for "You want (plural)". I think that the singular form suits better in that case.

After solving the riddle of Yorn Vella can enter the temple, one of the guards says "Knock yourself out". It has been translated with a "Levati di torno" while it should be "Accomodati" or "Entra pure".

Yeah, that's a bad mistake. I'd even suggest a "Dacci dentro". Too much? :-P

Found another mistake.

Curtis (the lumberjack) says: "Se avessi una concezione superficiale dell'opera".

The correct translation of the original English line should be: "Se non avessi solo una concezione superficiale dell'opera."

Please correct this: right now Curtis is stating the opposite of what he should be saying! :-o

Shay part

The spoon waiting on the table

"Possiamo chiedere un sostituto, ma vorrei che tu sappia che ho richiesto precisamente questa missione."

Suggested "Possiamo inviare un sostituto, ma vorrei che tu sapessi che ho richiesto questa missione specificatamente."

NOW_FIXED Shay outside the ship, trying to fly

“Eccoci qua!”

Change in “Si parte!”

Dad talks to Shay at the end of the day

"Un giorno di vita in più nel cuore dello spazio."

Sounds bad, suggested "Un altro giorno nel cuore dello spazio."

NOW_FIXED Dad talks to Shay at the end of the day

"Domani è un altro giorno, amico."

Can't be "amico" (friend) since he is the son

Vella part

NOW_FIXED Vella observing the strange button in the pyramid

"E' lo stesso simbolo religioso, ma questo è in dentro, come in una nicchia."

Sounds bad and little confusing, suggested "E' lo stesso simbolo religioso, ma questo è incavato, come una fessura/alloggiamento."

NOW_PARTIALLY_FIXED Granny talking to Vella

"Sbrigati! Se sarai in ritardo, non verrai selezionata, e la vergogna cadrà sulla tua famiglia!"

Sounds bad, suggested "Sbrigati! Se ci attardiamo, non verrai selezionata, e la vergogna cadrà sulla tua famiglia!"

NOW_FIXED Granny talking to Vella

"Hei, aspetta! Stai per caso cercando di scoprire quanti anni ho?!" [...]

Missing line, in english she says also "Non te lo dirò mai!"

Found another mistake.

Curtis (the lumberjack) says: "Se avessi una concezione superficiale dell'opera".

The correct translation of the original English line should be: "Se non avessi solo una concezione superficiale dell'opera."

Please correct this: right now Curtis is stating the opposite of what he should be saying! :-o

I will double check this, but I think you're wrong. If I remember right Vella is giving him her thoughts about the art piece (a very banale interpretation) so he answers that he would agree with her if he had a superficial understanding of the art piece (meaning that he infact understands that art piece way better than her). It's a joke.

But I may be remembering wrong, I'll run that part again this as soon as I can.

Shay part

NOW_FIXED Shay using Spoon on the air vent door

"Non credo che si riesca ad aprirla."

More literal "Non credo che [questo] possa aprirla."

NOW_FIXED Shay using Gary on the bed

"Ti va di prendertelo un riposino, Gary?"

In english is upper-case to underline the joke "Ti va di PRENDERTELO un riposino, Gary?"

Weaver talks with Shay

"Portami una MAPPA SPAZIALE e il tessuto spazio-tempo sarà sferruzzato per servire il tuo passaggio."

Quite literal but sounds so so..

NOW_FIXED Mother talking with Shay

"Tu conosci la verità fino in fondo, figliolo. E so che un giorno apprezzerai le mie parole."

Not all the truth, intimately instead. "Tu conosci la verità nel profondo, figliolo. E so che un giorno apprezzerai le mie parole."

NOW_FIXED BUG PHRASE OFF SCREEN Shay talking with Marek

"Perchè devo essere io a scegliere chi deve essere salvato?"

Vella part

NOW_FIXED Rocky talking to Vella at the very start

“E quello cos’è?"

No, change in “Sarebbe/Quale/Cioè/Ossia?”, see the dialogue context

UPDATED Marshall leaving the dialogue

“Sì, sì! Quelle fanciulle non si metteranno a disposizione da sole!”

Suggested “Sì, sì! Quelle fanciulle non sono/saranno [certo] in grado di offrirsi da sole!” trying to render the verbal joke

Shay part

NOW_FIXED Shay talking with Mother, missions list

"Relitto di treno finto, per favore."

Change in "Finto disastro ferroviario, per favore." or "Finto incidente al treno, per favore."

NOW_FIXED Mother talking with Shay, missions list

"Quale missione affrontiamo per prima, Tesoro?

Suggested "Quale missione affrontiamo adesso, Tesoro?"

NOW_FIXED Using spoon on certain objects

"Non vedo nulla di quello che vorrei mangiare."

Suggested "Non vedo nulla lì che vorrei mangiare."

Observing Airlock sign

"Camera stagna vicina"

Suggested "Camera stagna più avanti"

NOW_FIXED Food label during breakfast selection

"SOGNI ALA SOIA"

Same typo as the already reported "Scie di comete ala fragola", change in "SOGNI ALLA SOIA"

Shay observing the oscar, hall of heroes

"Per far finta che mi stessero a cuore le stupide missioni sulla nave."

Suggested "Come far finta che mi stessero a cuore le stupide missioni sulla nave."

Shay in space, after the knife fly away

"Questo è un respiro di sollievo per molte cose."

Suggested "Questo è un sospiro di sollievo sotto vari aspetti." or however check

Shay trying to reach the control panel outside the ship

"(GRUGNISCE)"

Suggested "(BOFONCHIA)" or check

Shay trying to enter the Orb room without helmet

"Non mi avvicinerò mai più a quel Globo di fusione senza il mio casco."

Too much, a more literal "Non mi avvicinerò a quel Globo di fusione senza il mio casco."

Shay trying to enter the Orb room without helmet

"Far bollire il cervello non è il tipo di pericolo che avevo in mente.

Suggested "Bollirmi il cervello non è il tipo di pericolo che avevo in mente."

Vella part

Vella using piece of glass with various objects

"Nah, non [...] serve un nuovo sole. Soprattutto non uno vintage di cristallo."

Missing subject "Nah, non gli serve un nuovo sole. Soprattutto non uno vintage di cristallo."

NOW_FIXED Vella observing the top of the mountain, Adept answer

Vella says "Questa piramide ha una cima insolita.", Adept answer "Hey, anche a te."

The 'top' joke is broken, Adept answer is wrong. Suggested: Vella says "La parte superiore di questa piramide è insolita.", Adept answer "Hey, anche la tua [parte superiore] lo è."

Vella using piece of glass on Marshall

"Per favore, voglio solo scaricare qualche fanciulla e tornare [...] al mio castello di sabbia."

No, change in "Per favore, voglio solo disfarmi di qualche fanciulla e tornare a casa nel mio castello di sabbia."

UPDATED Gus asking for help

"Scommetto che una squadra Cattura-Fuggiaschi verrebbe a prendermi."

It continues from the previous sentence, he means 'catch him while falling'. Also it's better a more literal "Sono sicuro" considering the following sentence. Suggested "Sono sicuro che una squadra Cattura-Fuggiaschi mi raccoglierebbe/piglierebbe/prenderebbe [al volo]."

Gus asking for help

"Oppure potrei cadere e morire qui nella foresta."

More literal, also the forest is not 'here': "Oppure potrei semplicemente cadere e morire nella foresta."

NOW_FIXED Lumberjack answer, using the piece of glass on him

"Beh, credo che quel cristallo pesante che ho usato per il sole abbia bisogno di uno strato di piombo più pesante."

Repetition, suggested "Beh, credo che quel cristallo pesante che ho usato per il sole abbia bisogno di uno strato di piombo più spesso."

NOW_FIXED Vella using the axe on the fireplace

"Hey, sto per abbattere quel bosco con quest'ascia, ok?"

No, out of context, change in "Hey, sto per demolire le assi di legno con quest'ascia, ok?"

UPDATED Vella and Carol, using the ladder on Carol

Vella says "Uhm, il suo nido è in basso..." Carol answer "Oh scusa, si sono viste di nuovo le mie mutandine...?

Not sure about the joke, however more literal "Uhm, il suo nido è un pochino basso..." Carol answer "Oh scusa, mi si è visto di nuovo il perizoma...?"

NOW_FIXED Vella about the piece of glass in the inventory

"E' il sole di cristallo [...] dalla finestra del boscaiolo. E' ancora carino!"

Suggested "E' il sole di cristallo proveniente dalla finestra del boscaiolo. E' ancora carino!" or "E' il sole di cristallo della finestra del contadino. E' ancora carino!"

Lumberjack asked about the art

“Probabilmente sì... se avessi una comprensione superficiale dell’opera”.

Checked me too and he says "Probabilmente sì... se avessi una così superficiale comprensione dell’opera”.

When Shay re-enters in the train room, the train master says him something like "Banned forever!" but the translation in italian is "Lontano per sempre" which doesn't make much sense. I suggest "Bandito per sempre"

When Shay inhibites the fusion globe, in a sentence there is a typo where he says "onicrom" instead of "omicron"

Looking at the Cloud Shoes store, Vella says: "You'd think this would be the one place you could walk around barefoot." which is translated in "Si direbbe che in questo posto si possa andare in giro a piedi nudi."

This translation is wrong because it changes the entire meaning of the phrase. In the english version Vella says that because she thinks it's quite absurd to wear shoes on clouds, in the italian version she's like "You could actually walk barefoot in this place."

Suggested translation:

"E pensare che questo dovrebbe essere il posto perfetto per girare a piedi scalzi."

Vella part

Vella talking with Walter and son

"Ciao! Il mio nome è Vella, e tu come ti chiami?"

In the original was plural "Ciao! Il mio nome è Vella, e voi come vi chiamate?"

Vella talking with Walter and son, son answer

"Non gonfiarti e resta in aria!"

Trying to keep the rhyme I'd suggest "Non gonfiarti come una palla! Resta a galla!"

Vella talking to Maggie

"Che ti prende?"

It's the first time they talk and also consider Maggie answers 'nothing' so: "Che succede?"

BUG DUBBING Vella strange voice tone saying this specific phrase

"Senti c'è un modo per andar via da questa nuvola?"/"Hey, is there any way off this cloud?"

Vella talking with the failed maiden (Meriloft)

"Come butta?"

To partially keep the 'hanging' joke: "Che aria tira lassù?" or "Come va lassù?"

Vella talking with the failed maiden (Meriloft)

"Ora devo andare."

No, you have to consider maiden following answer, so better stay literal in this case: "Ti lascio sola."

Vella observing the tree sign

"Mi sembra che ci sia una specie di alberello al termine di questo sentiero."

Not her opinion, she's reading the sign: "Sembra che ci sia una specie di alberello al termine di questo sentiero."

Vella observing the tree sign

"Di là si va all'albero del frutto gigante."

The tree is big, not the fruit: "Di là si va all'albero da frutto gigante." or "Di là si va al gigantesco albero da frutto."

Vella talking with Carol, Carol answer

"Oh, io penso che lo stiano facendo, da quando ho perso il mio coltello!"

Meaning was 'considering': "Oh, io penso che lo stiano facendo, visto che ho perso il mio coltello!"

Vella talking with Carol

"Devi essere molto fiera di te..."

Suggested "Devi essere molto fiera di te stessa..."

Vella using egg on Carol

"Ne sta già portando abbastanza."

No, "Sta già portando abbastanza [peso/roba]."

Vella talking with Father

"Cosa stai controllando qui?"

Better "Cosa stai sorvegliando?" or "Cosa sorvegli?"

Vella talking with Father, Father answer

"Veramente conosco solo scale che vanno verso il basso e verso l'alto..."

The original is quite different and it's a small joke, I'd keep it: "Uh, l'ultima volta che ho controllato, la maggior parte delle scale andavano in entrambe le direzioni..."

Vella talking with the orange aggressive bird

"Certo, uccello, certo. Ora non ho più bisogno dei ganci."

Suggested a more literal "Certo, uccello. Come se avessi bisogno dei ganci adesso."

Vella part

Vella talking with Curtis, Curtis answer

"Non finchè gli alberi non smetteranno di parlare."

It's ok, but the double negative is hard to be read quickly: "Non finchè gli alberi continueranno a parlare."

Vella using axe on fireplace, Curtis answer

"NO! Mi serve lì per tenere lontano gli alberi! Non capisci!"

Now are 'assi', plural so: "NO! Mi servono lì per tenere lontano gli alberi! Non capisci!"

Vella observing art in the inventory, Curtis answer

"Immagino che il perchè si capisca già alla prima occhiata."

No, literal, change in "Suppongo si possa vederla/pensarla così ad una prima occhiata."

Vella talking with Marshall, Marshall answer

"Sì sì sì. Tutti vogliamo AMARE Mog Chothra."

He misunderstands, the joke is keeping the sound of 'kill/ammazzare' so: "Sì, sì, sì. Tutti vogliamo ABBRACCIARE Mog Chothra."

Vella using shoes on Marshall

Vella says "Vuoi un paio di ciabatte?" Marshall answer "Non posso permettermi di venire associato alle "ciabatte"."

It's not possible render the joke about 'flip-flops' (shoes and political u-turn), however he could maybe misunderstand the word, getting something similar: Vella says "Vuoi un paio di sandali?" Marshall answer "Non posso permettermi di venire associato a degli SCANDALI."

Vella using ladder on adepts

- "Pensaci, puoi PORTARE GIU' una scala..."

Suggested "Pensaci, puoi CADERE da una scala..."

- "Che poi puoi risalire..."

Suggested "E poi tornarci con il tempo..."

Changing the text, since in italian the riddle of Yorn is different

Vella using shoes on the talking tree

"Forse questi rami potrebbero essere caduti naturalmente, quindi non mi sentirei in colpa."

Not properly, suggested "Beh, i ramoscelli potrebbero essere caduti naturalmente, il che non mi farebbe sentir male/vomitare."

Vella using peach on talking tree

"Inoltre quel frutto ha un grande nocciolo che è abbastanza fastidioso."

Sounds bad, suggested "Inoltre quel frutto ha un grosso nocciolo abbastanza fastidioso."

Vella talking to Curtis (after knowing about the riddle)

"Sai cosa si alza da un letto rivolto?"

To be in line with the italian riddle of Yorn: "Sai cosa risorge da un letto rivolto?"

Vella using driftwood on Curtis

"Sgabello in arrivo!"

To keep the ehm equivocal 'stool' joke (since her reaction): "Oh sì, sento che sta uscendo!"

UPDATED Vella using driftwood on Curtis

"Grazie per avermi aiutato a sbarazzarmene."

Again the equivocal 'stool' joke: "Grazie per avermi aiutato a farlo venir fuori." or "Grazie per avermi aiutato a liberarmi."

Vella talking with the talking tree

"... prima di cominciare ad incidere-"

Cosmetic "... prima di cominciare ad incidere."

UPDATED Vella using the sap bucket on adepts

"Ehi, hai preso della linfa da un albero, giusto?"

Again to be in line with the italian riddle of Yorn: "Ehi, [l'indovinello diceva] far cadere della linfa da un albero, giusto?"

Vella using sprayer on chum

"Alla fine quando NON potrebbe farmi comodo?"

Suggested "In fin dei conti quando NON potrebbe farmi comodo?"

Vella using sap bucket on Marshall, Marshall answer

"Sembrerebbe che facciamo sul serio!"

Suggested "Adesso sì/Si direbbe che possiamo cominciare/iniziare!" or "Adesso sì che ci siamo!"

Vella talking with Alex

"Come arma?"

Considering the following answer, suggested "Tipo un'arma?"

Vella observing the niche with the inserted amulet

"Centro!"

Suggested "Fatto!"

Vella completing the panel with two crystals

"Centro!"

Also in this case suggested "Fatto!"

Adept talking when Vella approach (part ending)

"Ma come facciamo ad avere la stessa identica visione?"

No, wrong verb, change in "Ma come facciamo ad aver avuto la stessa identica visione?"

Shay part

Shay observing father

"Perchè i computer devono dormire?"

More literal: "Perchè i computer hanno bisogno di dormire?"

Shay using air tank with dummy, dialogue

"... ma sono io! Orribile!"

Suggested "... ma sono io! Inquietante!"

Shay observing mom, bridge room

"Non urlare, dolcezza. Vieni verso il ponte se vuoi parlare in maniera civile."

Suggested "Non gridare, dolcezza. Vieni sul ponte se vuoi parlare in maniera civile."

Shay talking with Marek

"Ci arrivi attraverso la chiusa d'aria della nave, guarda."

No, change in "Ci arrivi attraverso la camera stagna della nave, guarda."

Shay talking with Marek

"Ho manomesso la porta della chiusa d'aria in modo da aprirla senza allertare la Supermadre."

No, change in "Ho manomesso la porta della camera stagna in modo da aprirla senza allertare la Supermadre."

Shay talking with Marek

"Sì, questa opportunità non durerà per sempre."

Better "Sì, questa finestra di opportunità non durerà per sempre."

Shay using the helmet on various objects

"Non credo che si riesca a ingrandire il casco con questo."

More literal and more in line with the following sentence: "Non vedo come questo possa ingrandire il casco."

Shay using Gary on the panel outside ship

"Oh, sì, ho il pulsante."

To keep the small joke: "Oh, sì, ho io il pulsante."

Shay using Inibitor on Globe (only if it's the last of the three tasks)

"Non appena tornerai al Ponte di comando!"

It's not the bridge but the Marek room: "Non appena tornerai alla [nostra] sala operativa!"

(and that's all for now, thanks a lot)

Sign in to follow this