Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Requiem

[Crash] Re-Entering Spaceship from Airlock

First and foremost, the game is amazing. I'd noticed a few other minor graphical bugs that are already recorded, but this was a major crash and I wanted to make a new thread about it, because I couldn't find anything else like it.

I was actually streaming the game while it crashed, and as such, have a recording - http://www.twitch.tv/graydiance/c/3550091 I highlighted the bit of the game where it crashed. At 2:59, the game locked up and refused input, once I re-entered the airlock.

I had:

1. Completed Vella's Story

2. Done the "Train" (which I 'escaped' with) "Avalanche," and "Friendship Vessel" missions, but NOT the "Strange Intruder" mission

3. Acquired the Air Canister, Whipped Cream Gun, Knife, but NOT the Claw (so I could not complete the boom arm puzzle at the time)

4. Noticing I could not finish the boom arm puzzle, I went back to the airlock, but because I had not previously done the "strange intruder" mission, I wanted to see what would happen.

5. Upon the "strange intruder" mission cutscene end, I lost control of Shay and the game locked up.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it, because the game HAS autosaved correctly after I got back into the game - there is no corruption of the save file, or any other symptoms as of the moment. The "present received" cutscene is no longer triggered. I believe that may be the cause of the crash - an improper cutscene being loaded, and that cutscene ending with Shay returning to the inside of the airlock instead of remaining outside.

Thanks for making an amazing experience - I've had a wonderful three hours so far and I can't wait to see how Shay's story ends too.

I can also confirm that the present (which is received from that cutscene) was also added to my inventory and was usable, post-crash. Went back and solved the puzzle successfully with no further errors yet.

Sign in to follow this