Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What was your Favorite holiday gift?

I was thinking about this the other day. What do you think your favorite gift you ever got during the holidays was?

I think mine would have to be waaay back in the day. I got a bat-mobile from the original Tim Burton Batman movie for Christmas. At least I think I did.

There was a big hub-ub I made over getting that or the Bat-plane, which my brother got. My parents taped the whole scene and my dad still reminds me of it from time to time. Ah, to be young again.

What about you guys/gals?

I rember getting the Bat-Mobile as well! That was super cool! I remember I would crash around in it and pretend to fight crime, ahhhh that was sweet.

The best gift I've ever gotten has been given [officially] to me yet. It's a really nice drum-set with Ludwig pads and high-quality Zildjan cymbals.

Tough choice, but the one I always remember is a Scalextric set. Hours of fun, when I could manage to push the bits of track together without hurting myself.

Best Christmas present I ever got?

Hmmmm. This will require some thinking.

Here is my temporary, typical gamer answer: My Xbox. Not because of the thing in itself, but because of what resulted from it. Which, no, was not me dropping out of school. My Xbox eventually lead to my discovery of psychonauts, which led to my interest in games as an intelligent form of expression, which has since become my primary passion and has helped me find a specific ambition.

I'll see if I can think of a better answer.

Hmm... hard to say. When I think back though it was probably this massivly giant teddy bear I got when I was a wee little tot around 4 or 5ish. Seeing how I loved stuffed animals and this one was bigger than me, I got a huge kick out of it. I still have it, but now It's obviously much smaller. I think I like it the best because of so many positive memories attached to it.

So many awesome gifts/toys..

He-Man Castle Greyskull / Snake Mountain playsets, Voltron!!, Atari 2600 -Frogger -Kaboom -Donkey Kong -Popeye -Asteroids -etc., Nintendo Entertainment System (my kid sister and I went bananas over this and I still own it to this day with a few cartridges here and there), Sled with handbrakes on each side for stopping/steering (it was über-doober cool), Pump-Action BB gun (and bb's, not pellets!!), Remote control car that could be used OUTSIDE!, Electric Bass Guitar (not the electric bass talking fish), Acoustic guitar, and even all the socks and underwear that weird relatives gave me because I would not have bought them on my own when I was younger.. otherwise I would still be sporting my 4 year old made He-Man underoos in a 30 year old man-body!

Many fond memories of holidays growing up as a kid in the middle of nowhere, Michigan.

Lulz. It seems like that Batmobile is loved by many. I'm going to have to find that old recording and see if I can post it here sometime.

I don't think I've ever had an expresso before. But that sounds like a great gift Shark.

Yea Trog, when you know what you're getting it makes it that much harder to wait for it.

Scaletrix sound familiar to me Tea.

That's a nice answer Cheif. I just realized that my xbox might kinda count as a christmas gift as well.

That must have been a giant bear Apple.

You had the Grey Skull castle headroom? I dreamed of that thing as a youngin'.

Hmm... I got loads of stuff when I was a kid that I got bored of quickly because I was the younger sister.

I got a crappy Yamaha keyboard one year, and my sister got a bike. I liked my keyboard but quickly remembered that I hate pianos and do not have a bicycle.

Then I had stilts. Learning how to use those was painful and boring.

It was always those little surprises that I liked. To this day, a stocking is not a stocking if it doesn't have scratch cards in it.

Best gift I can think of getting this year? Bridget ministatue, but it's 70 dollars if you hunt Ebay like a jackal. :/ My family's kind of financially having-had-hit-the-fan since my parents divorced and my dad's a prick and took all our money, though, so it's not like I'd ask for that from anybody.

Then again, I DID ask for Fruityloops, which is 300 dollars if you get full synth packs and everything, AND I asked for a digital camera AND a real laptop or gaming PC...

Hmm, I need to start making those hats. @__@ Lol, first I need to make sure I can pass freshman year...

My mom got me a zune and a year's subsciption to Zune pass last year. I stil use it every day. This year, the best thing I can imagine getting is a cd player/radio for my car.

lol zune
?

Don't worry about him.

I thought of a better gift. A few years ago we only had one gift under the Christmas tree -- plane tickets to Hawaii. I had never been before and I have not been since, but I enjoyed my time there with my family tremendously.

Anything Lego because I fucking love legos. I still do which could be sad because i'm 20 but I hope to make it a career someday.

That Oxfam thing is pretty neat. I had a link alittle while ago that had all these great things you could spend your christmas monwy on that would help people. Like buying rice for a family for a month, or planting trees, all these green ideas. I have to find it again.

Sign in to follow this