Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Muf

Final cutscene and credits

The final cutscene is unskippable. Going back to the last save when you've completed the game, dumps you into the cutscene and you have no way of skipping or fast forwarding your way forward to the credits or to the backer list.

Speaking of, the search function in the backer list felt really weird. You can press keys to enter letters, but they don't show up anywhere, they just highlight results (unless there are none), and backspace doesn't work. It's like with old DOOM cheat codes where you have to wait a few seconds and try again from the beginning. It also wouldn't even highlight my name, only some other names with "Mullen" in them. I wanted to take a screenshot of my name in the backer credits, but for some reason it wouldn't save and I had to go back. Going back and finding out there was no fast way to the credits was pretty frustrating.

What I personally would expect, would be to be able to skip the final scene with the skip key, and possibly use the skip key to make the credits fast forward and/or have the arrow keys and page up / page down work. On touch screens I guess you'd just be able to drag the credits, and if you let go, they'd go back to scrolling normally. Searching could use some actual feedback like showing the letters/word you're searching for at the bottom or something.

Scroll Wheel is your friend. You can Scroll Wheel the credits AND Type in names to search for. So if you type in something with that starts with a W, Y, Or Z, you should get to the bottom of the list easily, and then scroll down from there to speed it up. Hitting Space makes it thinks your typing a name, so it takes you back to the top.

My one and only complaint for the game was that the credits weren't searchable, but I see now that they are. So my one and only complaint now is that it should be a tad more transparent that the credits are searchable. Will cut down on the number of people who didn't think to just start hitting keys.

For me, the issue was that I didn't realize you could control the scrolling of the backer credits, only realized it after several minutes of A-B names (Damn, there were a lot of A backers :P). I think there should be some indication that you can in fact control the sequence.

I disagree and hate being spoon fed easter eggs. I see this as a backer easter egg. I miss more easter eggs and cheat codes in games and software.

I disagree and hate being spoon fed easter eggs. I see this as a backer easter egg. I miss more easter eggs and cheat codes in games and software.

Well, the issue is that is a loooooooong list that you may not realize you can skip without skipping the whole credit sequence. Could be a bigger issue for people who aren't even backers when the game is finally released.

I do agree that easter eggs should come back, but I don't see this as one, it's more of a convenience to let you know you don't have to wait as much.

The final cutscene is unskippable. Going back to the last save when you've completed the game, dumps you into the cutscene and you have no way of skipping or fast forwarding your way forward to the credits or to the backer list.

Speaking of, the search function in the backer list felt really weird. You can press keys to enter letters, but they don't show up anywhere, they just highlight results (unless there are none), and backspace doesn't work. It's like with old DOOM cheat codes where you have to wait a few seconds and try again from the beginning. It also wouldn't even highlight my name, only some other names with "Mullen" in them. I wanted to take a screenshot of my name in the backer credits, but for some reason it wouldn't save and I had to go back. Going back and finding out there was no fast way to the credits was pretty frustrating.

What I personally would expect, would be to be able to skip the final scene with the skip key, and possibly use the skip key to make the credits fast forward and/or have the arrow keys and page up / page down work. On touch screens I guess you'd just be able to drag the credits, and if you let go, they'd go back to scrolling normally. Searching could use some actual feedback like showing the letters/word you're searching for at the bottom or something.

I can use the ESC key to skip the credits. Also the credits are available from the main menu.

Sign in to follow this