Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wornoldhat

Thank You Tim & All of Double Fine

So I finished Act 1 (took me about 4.5 hours all told) and...that is by far one of the best games I've played. It put me back in mind of a good 'ol classic Adventure Game, but brought something totally new to the table. The production values were top-freakin'-notch, the writing was charming and hilarious, the puzzles were awesome, and the art was...just absolutely stunning.

And that ending. Woah NELLY that ending.

Whenever someone asks about what an Adventure game is, there are a few games that I point them to that showcase the brilliance, humour, and immersive worlds that they brought me in to.

This is now one of them.

Thank you Mr. Schafer, Team Reds, and the rest of the Double Fine crew for all your hard work in bringing us this beautiful game. I look forward to playing Act 2.

Nice to see such a polite post amongst the amount of whining that seems to be going on. Personally I feel I've already earned back my $15 lowest possible pledge multiple times simply because of the depth and quality of the excellent 2P documentaries. For me, playing the game is just the icing on the cake now really - the journey itself was fascinating.

Hear, hear! After following the documentaries and watching development progress in all of its varied directions, stumbles, and flourishes, it's amazingly satisfying to actually be _playing_ the game. It's on my computer and it works. I'm an hour into Shay's story. The visual and aural art are beautifully executed. The story is pacing nicely. My brain is engaged and asking questions. Tim's humorous dialog is keeping me grinning. And because Greg asked, I'm submitting (hopefully helpful) bug reports. Glitches will wither under my scrutiny.

Yeah, I mean...there are small problems I have, but they're VERY nitpicky ones and as a whole, I think this is a beautiful and engaging game.

Nice to see such a polite post amongst the amount of whining that seems to be going on. Personally I feel I've already earned back my $15 lowest possible pledge multiple times simply because of the depth and quality of the excellent 2P documentaries. For me, playing the game is just the icing on the cake now really - the journey itself was fascinating.

I wouldn't worry about that. It's not that all the negative feedback is invalid or should be ignored (e.g. I don't think many would object to harder puzzles in part 2 - which they already committed to in the last episode) it's just that people are more likely to post on a forum when they either love something or have a gripe, and I'm seeing lots of both here.

Over in twitter land, the amount of positivity is huge, and probably a better indicator of the average backer's immediate reactions.

It's cool, feedback is great and will hopefully lead to a part 2 that will please even more people!

Sign in to follow this