Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMonkeYJ

Enhancement - skip lines of dialog

It's a big bummer that if you skip dialog, it skips the whole dialog chunk. Typically in games it will only skip whatever text has already appeared in the subtitle (allowing you to move thru dialog quickly without missing anything).

Yeah, I must say I couldn't help but to expect the dialogues to jump one sentence ahead when clicking the right button...

Yeah, same here. I kept right-clicking hoping to skip past some lines of talk.

Also, I kept double-clicking the ground trying to get the current character to run double-time to whatever spot I was aiming for. I'm just so used to it working in other adventure games, I keep unconsciously trying it here.

Also, I kept double-clicking the ground trying to get the current character to run double-time to whatever spot I was aiming for. I'm just so used to it working in other adventure games, I keep unconsciously trying it here.
Doesn't that work in some places, though? This might be another bug.

I think you might be thinking of how you can double-click exits (when the on-screen pointer is an arrow) to instantly exit any given scene.

We had a skip dialog feature at one point but unfortunately there were issues getting it to work properly with the cutscene system so we chose to take it out.

It does seem to work sometimes, but I couldn't tell if it just looked like she (Vella) was moving faster because she was coming from the distance, or if she was actually running.

We had a skip dialog feature at one point but unfortunately there were issues getting it to work properly with the cutscene system so we chose to take it out.

Thanks for the explanation. It would be a nice feature, but so far the dialog has moved at a good clip and I haven't really needed it.

It does seem to work sometimes, but I couldn't tell if it just looked like she (Vella) was moving faster because she was coming from the distance, or if she was actually running.

It was because Vella was moving from a distance--double-click never does anything (I also kept automatically double-clicking too, btw). There are certain spots that when Vella moves from farther away to closer, where she speeds up automatically, regardless of the number of times that you clicked. I thought that was a nice compromise, considering that we don't have a double-click speed up.

Sign in to follow this