Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DVersion

Seriously, people complaining about being stuck?

Guys, I don't know about you but being stuck is part of the game. I want to be more stuck.

Before going to the forums, sit back, relax, think about it. go for a walk, come back to it tomorrow.

Like we've been waiting 2 years for this, you don't need to plough through it in one sitting.

Yup, I had 2 moments where I was pretty stuck and just couldn't for the life of me do anything about it - both times I got up, made food, sat back down with some noms, and it came to me within 2 minutes

I got stuck early on before I learned that combining items is a game mechanic. I should have known, being an avid fan of adventure games, but I guess I had just forgotten.

I think the puzzles are about right, although I'd like to see it become a tad more difficult in Act 2 as I found myself gliding through many of the puzzles.

When the game teaches you that 5/6th of the dialog you're clicking through is meaningless, by the time you near the end there's no incentive other than listening to a brief single line when a dialog choice feels insubstantial.

That leads to missing out on items. Not sure there's a way to avoid this scenario given the genre. Just learn to click blindly at all conversation options, since they have no bearing on the story path - it's completely linear, no decisions branch the story that I have seen?

Sign in to follow this