Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hplikelike

(Possibly some spoilers) Quick question about completion order

So, due to Vella's story crashing, I completed Shay's story first and then Vella's. (I got Vella's story to work by lowering my graphics resolution). When I completed Vella's story, it seemed to show more/ seemed more of a conclusion than Shay's conclusion was, even doing that thing that mirrors the opening with them sleeping next to each other. What happens if you finish Vella's story before Shay's?

So, due to Vella's story crashing, I completed Shay's story first and then Vella's. (I got Vella's story to work by lowering my graphics resolution). When I completed Vella's story, it seemed to show more/ seemed more of a conclusion than Shay's conclusion was, even doing that thing that mirrors the opening with them sleeping next to each other. What happens if you finish Vella's story before Shay's?

I did this, and it didn't give much of a conclusion. I haven't finished Shay's story yet, and what you describe hasn't happened for me yet. Sounds like you get some extra "ending" content once you've completed both.

I did this, and it didn't give much of a conclusion. I haven't finished Shay's story yet, and what you describe hasn't happened for me yet. Sounds like you get some extra "ending" content once you've completed both.

The thing is, the "extra" part seamlessly tied into what happend at the end of Vella's story. Umm... how did Vella's story end for you? If you are worried about spoiling it for people, you could PM me.

I did Vela's story first. When it finishes, it jumps you right into Shay's story, which gets completed before they tie together, so no matter what order you do it, the "big reveal" doesn't happen until you complete the second part. I think it works well enough that no matter which order you play you get some strong hints about the reveal.

I was sort of hoping for a bit more switching back and forth (maybe not quite DOTT levels, but some natural intersection points), but in practice w/ Act I you can just sort of play straight through each story. Maybe in Act II.

What I'm curious about is A)When does Vella's story finish if you finish it first and B)How does Shay's story transition. For example, SPOILERS When I beat Shay's story first, he went out in his space suit, saw the giant red eye, and was knocked out/went to sleep on the deck of his ship in his spacesuit. Also, the "Big Reveal" happened outside on the beach. Does Shay's ending's big reveal happen from within looking out?

Alright, just finished both parts.

*** SPOILERS ***

When you complete Vella first, she kills the Mog and ends up passed out on the beach. The game then cuts over to Shay. When you complete Shay second, he is on a spacewalk and rises up to look at the big glowing eye, then lands on the ship, his helmet falls off, and he passes out. We then fade to Vella waking up on the beach and the concluding cut scene plays from there.

Awesome, thank you so much. It did kinda confirm my suspicion that Vella's ending transitions easier than Shay's into the final ending.

Sign in to follow this