Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pimpollo818

Favorite and Least Favorite Moments

My favourite moment was a small one. When Shay is outside the spaceship and you cut his air hose but haven't supplied him with another air supply, he realises he's going to die, and he closes his eyes and breathes a sigh of relief. It said so much about the tedium of his life that he would rather suffocate in the infinite void of space than go on being suffocated by Mother.

My favourite moment was a small one. When Shay is outside the spaceship and you cut his air hose but haven't supplied him with another air supply, he realises he's going to die, and he closes his eyes and breathes a sigh of relief. It said so much about the tedium of his life that he would rather suffocate in the infinite void of space than go on being suffocated by Mother.

sooo good!! well nominated (uh whats the word?)

dark and cute. so tim schafer. =)

My favourite bit I think were the Psychonauts reference and the motherly scarf.

What was the Psychonauts reference?

my favourite char of the whole game was the grandpa , fav moment was hijacking that bird and riding it to the clouds plus the gratitude shown after get its egg back.

most boring moment , probably everything shay did zzzzz

annoying moment making the tree vomit sap

I didn't try that (was too eager to stick things to my head I guess) but wow that is a beautiful and insightful observation!

Just one of many, but I was a huge fan of when Shay finally gets to use Grabbin' Gary. During his whole act, I used Gary on everything, but Gary just didn't want to grab (and the responses were really funny). Then, for my last puzzle, Gary actually wanted to grab that! "Just look at him there... Grabbin."

Doesn't M'ggie get any love? She's adorable. The way she greets you every time Vella walks past... I really wanted there to be more stuff in her dialogue tree so we could hang out more.

Also I think chatting with her as Vella constitutes one of the longest and most genuine conversations between two girls in a (Western?) videogame, ever. (Not that I run the Bechdel test on every game I play, but it certainly felt refreshing!)

Just one of many, but I was a huge fan of when Shay finally gets to use Grabbin' Gary. During his whole act, I used Gary on everything, but Gary just didn't want to grab (and the responses were really funny). Then, for my last puzzle, Gary actually wanted to grab that! "Just look at him there... Grabbin."

That was truly great. :)

I liked the grampa puzzle too. It was one of the best for me.

I loved the double adventure reference stuff in there, say being in a dialog with a tree by making use of a dialog tree :).

Favorite moments:

* It runs really well on my Mac! Only minor glitches (I'll post these in another thread.)

* Beautiful picture book Bagel art.

* Peter McConnell soundtrack, yissss.

* The noise Shay's toys made, because it always reminded me of

* Oh gosh, everything on Shay's ship is so cute.

* Wondering if being hug-attacked by fuzzy things was how Elijah Wood felt when he was on Yo Gabba Gabba!

* Imagining Mom as FemShep post Mass Effect 3, retiring from combat and becoming a nagging mother.

* Hearing Raz and Lili's voice actors again.

* Hearing a lot of familiar voice actors acting outside their usual range (Elijah Wood being snarky? Chill Jack Black? Paranoid Wil Wheaton? Yes please.)

* Vella as a badass woman of color who refuses to be a damsel in distress.

* Go go Vella, fight the status quo!

* The cupcakes made me really hungry. Had to go out and get a cupcake the day after I started it.

* Mog Chothra being very cutesy on the inside, but Eldritch Abomination on the outside.

* Shay's Star Trek: TNG references.

* Space Weaver/Mog Chothra are totally a reference to Pilot/Moya from Farscape.

* The stool sample joke made me smirk.

* Shay and Vella are both very sweet and very snarky.

* Oh man, I like Marek, but he is also super shifty. I am conflicted.

* I ended up being able to figure out most of the game without a guide.

* The "Oh no, oh my God, what did I do...at least, maybe the other girls aren't dead?" ending.

* Half-guessing all of the twists beforehand, being delighted I was on the right track but didn't predict all of it.

* M'ggie is a cutie, as is Shay's little sister. I like Curtis a lot, too.

* I love Jessie's design.

* Being able to use Shay's items in Vella's world in Part 2, and vice versa.

* Vella rubbing her feet as an idle animation, nice touch.

* Red herring things that didn't exist as part of a puzzle, but could still be clicked on.

* Grabbin' Gary.

* Wise-talking mafioso knife.

* Whipped cream gun.

* When you can see a puzzle element in a cutscene and then go "OH." and you know where to click now.

Iffy moments:

* Realizing that people who haven't dealt with overbearing parents might think Shay is whiny and/or a jerk (I don't think he is).

* Not being able to help the suicidal girl in Meriloft.

* Alex feeling slightly like a Deus Ex Machina.

* Vella nearly smacking Shay in the face, not knowing he had no idea what he was doing. Broke my heart a little.

* Lack of a cutscene re-viewing gallery, a la Psychonauts.

* The lack of irl Cloudshoe slippers, Shay space thingy plushies, and Marek plush.

* Your face when you will never have a whipped cream gun.

* I don't know if the puzzles I didn't get were too hard, or if I'm an idiot.

* I know there had to be a 2HB cameo and some kind of reference to a previous game. I just missed it.

Sign in to follow this