Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMonkeYJ

Crash - Entering Marek's control room

In the portion of the game where you are manipulating Shay's head size with teleporters, I managed to crash the game when entering Merek's control room area from his bedroom. Unfortunately I don't know the exact sequence because I believe it was pretty long and involved some sequence of teleporter usage. I do know that at one point I entered the control room from Marek's bedroom and the texture showing his camera feeds appeared very large and in front of most of the scene. I then navigated away up thru the chute to the Weaver's room. At some later point I again entered the control room (it was the next time I entered the control room) thru Marek's bedroom and the game crashed to desktop. Restarting the game showed no glitches and allowed me to continue.

I had a crash in this same room, but after I completed the three tasks. I went directly from the knitting/navigation room into Marek's control room, he said "The controls are yours!" and then the whole thing crashed.

I'm running OS X 10.9.1 on an 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac

My game also crashed when trying to manipulate Shay's head size with the teleporter. A few details:

1) I've already completed the airlock puzzle, having attached the grabbing toy to the manual arm control thingie.

2) I teleported from Shay's trophy room to the teleportation room, which caused Shay's head to shrink. After doing this, I noticed that the game significantly slowed down with drops in framerate. I navigated back to Marek's control room, then to his bedroom, then back to the trophy room. When I entered the trophy room, the top half of the screen was black, showing only the floor of the trophy room. I tried to exit back to Marek's bedroom, and then the game crashed.

Running on my HP Pavilion DV7 Laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) with Service Pack 1

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.13 Ghz

3GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530

dustcropper's response reminds me of some more details of my situation:

The earmuffs was the first of the 3 puzzles I did, so I had not yet programmed in the course to Doom or attached the toy to the arms.

Sign in to follow this