Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AgitoBlues

Soylent Dream

God damn it Tim, you magnificent bastard.

Thats some nasty foreshadowing right there.

Don't get it?

Finish Act 1 then try to connect the dots.

Again, god damn, what a twist.

I think my reaction at the end of Act 1 was jaw dropping followed by a "Bwah?!?!"

Makes me wonder what the real purpose of Operation Dandelion is.

What's the foreshadowing? I've played until the end of Act 1, and I'm vaguely familiar with the ending of the movie Soylent Green, but not enough to understand the connection.

What's the foreshadowing? I've played until the end of Act 1, and I'm vaguely familiar with the ending of the movie Soylent Green, but not enough to understand the connection.

Edit: Actually, I think the OP was being literal. I didn't get that until this moment. I took it as more of a... Well never mind. If only the OP could put "SPOILERS" in the title, I'd discuss it more openly.

Don't read this if you rather play Act 2 without any possible huge spoiler (mark to read):

In the movie, Soylent Green is made out of humans. Shay eventually gets offered some Soylent Dream cereals, if you keep declining enough of them. One of the big questions after finishing Act 1 is, what happens to all the maidens that the ship/Mog Chothra/you captures...

Gonna go out on a limb here and say I think this is merely a throwaway joke. I think that isn't what's in store. Could be wrong though.

Yea I think that would be a pretty dark outcome for the story and I doubt it's going to happen. But the cereal might be a fun false lead though :)

I'm along with the whole "coincidence" bit. If for no other reason than it being the ship offering the cereal, while what you're alluding to is done to spite said ship. Sure there could be some sort of conspiracy, but I still opt for "not connected"

Soylent Dreams. Made from dreams of real people!

Warning: Product may contain trace amounts of human flesh, bones and souls.

Warning: the previous paragraph, contains spoilers.

I'm still a bastard, though, right?

No, sorry. You are hereby expelled from the Bastards Brotherhood!

Turn in your membership card and clear all your belongings by tomorrow!

Sign in to follow this