Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kroms

Why isn't anyone actually ADDING to the Psychopedia?

Everyone's excited for the Psychopedia, so why isn't anyone actually adding to the Psychopedia? Just go there, login with your forum account and edit away. Even I've done some editing, and I barely have enough time to even check my email every day.

I contributed that little Glottis fact to the Boyd page. :B

And people are always nervous to edit an article and have their edit deleted. I mean, I don't want to write a bunch of stupid stuff and do it wrong. If I'm gonna contribute, I wanna know I'm doing it right, which is hard to do without evident structure in each article.

i haven't yet, but mostly because i am an information leach, i fed off of things like wikipedia and google whilst contributing nothing to the overall flow of collective knowledge..... aw i guess i'll go there and anal retentively add snarky little comments to the rest of you guys' hard work. CUZ THAS HOWS I ROLLS!!

I'm the one who writes the exceptionally long-winded articles. Speaking of which, does anyone mind if I write new descriptions for Milla's Room and Waterloo World and Elka? It would just suck if I wrote over something that someone paid for in blood, sweat, and tears.

milla's room is fine

i don't mind

i just need a little help writing one for the milk man now

oh and i started a page on Little Oly if anyone wants to step in and share

I'm the one who writes the exceptionally long-winded articles. Speaking of which, does anyone mind if I write new descriptions for Milla's Room and Waterloo World and Elka? It would just suck if I wrote over something that someone paid for in blood, sweat, and tears.

I don't mind if you change the Waterloo, your writing is much more entertaining.

Whew! I finally finished Milla's Room. I had to stop halfway through to clean my room, but it's still my longest and most inconsiderate one ever. My God, I can never put things in a nutshell. EVER. D8

Hey, is anyone willing to gramatically correct these things? My computer doesn't have Word or any other program with spellcheck, so I'm pretty much just going on guesswork. Speaking of which, Double Fine guys? It'd be nice to have on of those 'spellcheck' buttons at the bottom of the editing page. Just sayin'.

"Spellcheck?" I believe that's called "Zilla" here at DFAF.

Haha, I'll go through and check what I can. I have already made some corrections, but I'll do my thorough thing.

And trust me, that simple little thread is not any indication of my English skill. The fact that I edit people's school essays for effing fun might be an indication.

That's not an exaggeration, either. I ask people for papers to correct.

I've done a few spellchecks to articles. This is what my 20+ essay writes of this school year have been leading up to. Writing and editing in the Psychopedia.

Phew! Well, I went through and did a cleanup on the grammar and spelling in all the Camper and Camp Staff articles. Only, like, one hundred more to go!

What?! Noooo! It won't let me correct anything more!

B-but this is my purpose in life!

This is the thing that keeps me going!

That gives life meaning!

I'm a vampire, and this is my blood!

*unconscious*

just askin' no one minds that i edited the Dr. Loboto page to include info from his description on the old psychonauts site, do they? I'm just putting what i remember reading.

Uhm, Nami? I don't mean to ruin your fun or anything, but could you maybe skim your writing down a little? Your writing really makes the articles that much more fun to read and all, but sometimes I find that they aren't all that informative. Which I think we're gonna need if we plan on making the Psycho-pedia successful

I ended up making the Nightmare page really technical with descriptions and battle strategies and stuff 8U I actually want to do that for the other common enemies as well once I get the creative writing juices flowing.

(I think Nami gets into some sort of drug-induced-like state when she writes articles xDDD )

A spell check would we awesome. And/or a preview button. (I wish life came with those.) I just edited Black Velvetopia and I already spotted a misspelling... Dx But I don't want to re-edit again just to fix that, so unless someone has more stuff to add there, it's staying that way. For now.

I also added some background on Raz, but I usually just go around throwing some memorable quotes and trivia into the articles xDD

(I think Nami gets into some sort of drug-induced-like state when she writes articles xDDD )

A spell check would we awesome. And/or a preview button. (I wish life came with those.) I just edited Black Velvetopia and I already spotted a misspelling... Dx But I don't want to re-edit again just to fix that, so unless someone has more stuff to add there, it's staying that way. For now.

I also added some background on Raz, but I usually just go around throwing some memorable quotes and trivia into the articles xDD

I added two memorable quotes to the G-man page. I felt that was one of the characters that needed them most.

Uhm, Nami? I don't mean to ruin your fun or anything, but could you maybe skim your writing down a little? Your writing really makes the articles that much more fun to read and all, but sometimes I find that they aren't all that informative. Which I think we're gonna need if we plan on making the Psycho-pedia successful

Yeah, sure. No prob.

*two seconds later*

*Curled up in the fetal position and rocking* Must... say... stuff...

Double-posting, I know, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I shortened Milla's Room to three paragraphs (one for the Nightmares, one describing the orphanage fire, and one describing the rooms). Now I know what withdrawl feels like. xD

I added two memorable quotes to the G-man page. I felt that was one of the characters that needed them most.

Totally agree. I added a quote for each flavor of G-man and arranged them in the order you find them in the game. Yeah, I know.

(Aw, Nami, don't feel bad, that's the magic of teamwork. And actually, I prefer the "trimmed" article. It's clear and concise, and the funny bits have a better impact now.)

Sign in to follow this