Sign in to follow this  
ProggleRock

Kohl's department store steals LeChuck theme song

So pretty much every morning on my way to work, I hear a radio ad for Kohl's with an extremely familiar tune playing in the backround. It wasn't until this morning when I finally figured out what it was from; it's a total rip of the LeChuck theme from Monkey Island. So sure enough I google "Kohl's Monkey Island" and BAM!: http://continueonline.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/monkey-island-musical-theft/

So, two things. One: why do people continually think they can get away with stuff like this when the internet, you know, exists? And two: what the freakin' hell does a ghost pirate have to do with Christmas? (Not enough, I know.)

People have been doing it for millions of years.

John Williams has pirated the themes of classics like Star Wars and Harry Potter into our hearts forever. : D

Oh, wow. I can't believe I missed the pirating pun. I'm so sorry, guys. It won't happen again.

I've never trusted Kohl's, anyway. They're one of the companies that gave an ad virus to my horrible, virus-magnet laptop. I've given it multiple protetcion programs, but all that seems to do is slow it down more. Which is why I only use that thing for writing and filling out memes. >:

We where putting up our tree today (late, yes) when the Khol's add came on the radio. I was talking to my mom and just stopped suddenly as soon as I heard it. They were all "WHat? What is it?" and I was like "Khol's add... >:T" and had to explain to them that Khol's was associating Christmas with ghost pirates and Tim Schafer. Then my dad started talking about real pirates. It was cool.

I guess this is one reason why I should watch more TV. What a crazy catch! ^^;

WHOA! Crazy necropost! Anyway, my local PBS uses a song from Ocarina of Time in some of it's commercials.

hmmm...lechuck theme used in disneyland music (or the other way round)..interesting hint to the theme park elements in MI 2 at the end.